Should I start hoarding GW and SCB currency?

Hawk7915
73 posts Member
edited February 2016
Hey all. I'm level 59, closing in on 60. Today I finally got my first 7* character (Lumi), and will have my second 7* tonight (Sid). My other relevant heroes that I often use in SA or GW are...

Poe Dameron 5* (5/85)
Poggle 4* (3/65)
Geonosian Soldier 5* (55/85)
Luke Skywalker 4* (0/65)
IG-86 3* (1/30)

My heart is set on building a droid squad, so I know that as soon as Sid gets his 7th star all my Squad Arena currency will be applied to HK-47 and IG-88. But with a patch coming soon that will definitely have the Shard Shop and what I assume (with 0 evidence) a high chance of Poe Dameron getting nerfed, should I save all my Galactic War and Squad Cantina currency until after the update? Should I continue to spend (on Poggle and QGJ or Old Daka) but stop spending on Poe? Any advice is appreciated.

Replies

• Options
    There is no point to hoard GW currency now that the refresh is 50 crystals. You get 1200 tokens a day from GW, and you can only spend 1200 a day (assuming you only get 3 refreshes, which I assume most people get.).

I would at least go unlock Daka. She's a necessity for the hard DS battles.
  • Options
    Exaxtly as @dkredsox says UNLESS you plan to use 200 Crystals per day on three refreshes. Actually, it's very likely you'll not be able to consume all your GW tokens unless you use Crystals. Imagine yourself needed to log in 3 times per day at exact moments just to consume your daily allotment (if you finish it)...very soon you'll need a $20 Crystal pack or to let them build up just to watch them.

The worst change to Arena tokens is not the Crystals, but that refresh is now 50 50 100 ( or isnit 50 x 3?). It would have been more manageable to be 10 10 50 for those of us that can't live for the game tamagochi needs.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I have been hoarding all 3 token types and also ally points for several weeks. I think this update is going to bring major changes to the meta, and a stockpile will allow me to farm 20 shards per day on multiple characters if that looks to be useful.
    Going forward I plan to always keep some tokens in reserve everywhere to allow responsiveness to game changes. It's nice having a little something "in the bank".
    BTW getting 4 shipments per day isn't hard if you know the trick, look in the Guides area. (Plus this is something else they have talked about changing.)
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Options
    The patch notes will probably answer this question better than any player currently can. So Wait until they get posted and then plan from there.
  • Options
    dkredsox wrote: »
    There is no point to hoard GW currency now that the refresh is 50 crystals.

Oddly enough, when I was doing GW today the refresh rate appears to have been reverted back to 10 GW tokens... I did one refresh and at least the first two will be GW tokens instead of crystals.
  • Options

Oddly enough, when I was doing GW today the refresh rate appears to have been reverted back to 10 GW tokens... I did one refresh and at least the first two will be GW tokens instead of crystals.

This change is for the rest of the week and started 2/1. It was announced in the forums (but should have been an in-game announcement too)
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

This change is for the rest of the week and started 2/1. It was announced in the forums (but should have been an in-game announcement too)

My bad! I missed that post in all the stickies at the top of the forum. Thanks for pointing it out though.