Pit Raid Reward Distribution Issue

benacrow
2700 posts Member
edited March 2017
Since nothing has been done still about the Pit raid reward structure sorting player by their PID when viewing placement, I thought I'd bring up again.

Is this still being looked into? It's extremely frustrating to have such poor rewards for soloing the Pit when it should always reward you with 1st place rewards. There's an easy fix to this: give everyone who solos (so exactly 10,304,366 damage) rewards for 1st place. Anyone who can kill the entire raid themselves is worthy of 1st place rewards every time. To not get these rewards is extremely devaluing to your effort. Sure one person gets 1st because their PID is early in the alphabet, but that doesn't mean that their run was better than the 10 other people behind them. This needs to be changed ASAP @CG_Kozispoon @CG_TopHat

Don't think this is an issue? Well try getting excited about your first ever solo, watch yourself get bumped out of the top 10 because you don't have an OP PID, then proceed to get these 'rewards', if you want to even call them that: image.png
FN 2187, Mighty Chlorians (spelt with a lowercase l not a capital I): Heroic AAT Guide, The Gear Grind

Replies

• +1
    I believe everybody should be rewarded for their effort equally if they manage to Solo the raid.
    It wouldn't be any different than guild members on GW activity day sharing rewards for first place if they all put up max contribution.
    Some of the brightest ideas are the hardest to see
  • DocsBoy
    120 posts Member
    ^^^
  • Totally agree on this
  • benacrow
    2700 posts Member
    Theophany wrote: »
    +1
    I believe everybody should be rewarded for their effort equally if they manage to Solo the raid.
    It wouldn't be any different than guild members on GW activity day sharing rewards for first place if they all put up max contribution.

Good point. Everyone already ties on GW day when in 1st (which is also sorted by PID), and those rewards are all equally distributed for 1st place. So it should easily be doable for the other as well.
    FN 2187, Mighty Chlorians (spelt with a lowercase l not a capital I): Heroic AAT Guide, The Gear Grind
  • scuba
    14047 posts Member
    +1

Thing about that is that it pools all the rewards and splits them equally.
    So say 10 players are 1st for guild activity. It adds up rewards for 1-10 then divides by 10 to give everyone that reward. the next spot is 11th not 2nd.

If the person in 11th moves up to tie with the other 10 at 1st then the rewards actually down.
  • benacrow
    2700 posts Member
    scuba wrote: »
    +1

So say 10 players are 1st for guild activity. It adds up rewards for 1-10 then divides by 10 to give everyone that reward. the next spot is 11th not 2nd.

If the person in 11th moves up to tie with the other 10 at 1st then the rewards actually down.

I think the main point there is that players can tie and receive the same reward. Sure it's lessened by more players, but for the pit that would obviously be changed.

All players soloing should receive 1st place rewards. It would be easy to program. Just give anyone with 10,304,366 points 1st place rewards, and keep the same system for placement aside from that.
  • scuba
    14047 posts Member
    benacrow wrote: »
    +1

I think the main point there is that players can tie and receive the same reward. Sure it's lessened by more players, but for the pit that would obviously be changed.

All players soloing should receive 1st place rewards. It would be easy to program. Just give anyone with 10,304,366 points 1st place rewards, and keep the same system for placement aside from that.

Don't disagree.
    If they ever do anything I see it happening more like guild activity rewards though where they pool everything than average the rewards instead of giving everyone 1st place rewards.
  • benacrow
    2700 posts Member
    +1

Don't disagree.
    If they ever do anything I see it happening more like guild activity rewards though where they pool everything than average the rewards instead of giving everyone 1st place rewards.
    +1

Don't disagree.

That makes sense too, I agree.

But from a raiding standpoint, it would make sense that if one effectively took down the entire raid by themself, it only makes sense to get 1st place rewards. Basically, doing the entire raid by yourself is a large enough feat that it should warrant the current 1st place rewards every time. The raid is intended for lvl 80 anyways, so we should be getting max rewards if possible. It's bad enough that I currently look forward to the Pit rewards more than the AAT rewards (minus the GK shards).
  • Supercat
    3250 posts Member
    just attack and do 1000 damage before anyone else enters, then you can get first. (after the solo)
    Don't be a ****(4), and follow forum guidelines.