Relatively new - how to pare down to a core team

Hello everyone,

I've been playing for a month or so now and I've compiled a fair amount of 3 and 4 star heroes but I find my group is scattered and I am struggling to get anywhere in arena as level 53 has me being paired with people way above my group power level. Any assistance would be appreciated. Here is what I have:

4*: Ackbar (G6), Chewy (G5), Sid (G6), Talia (G6), URoRRuR'R'R (G6, dropped from a Freemium pack), Luke Skywalker (G6)

3*: Greedo (G5), Jedi Consular (G5), Tusken Raider (G4), Jawa (G4)

2*: Royal Guard (G5), Snowtrooper (G4), Ewok Scout (G4), IG-100 MagnaGuard (G1, level 1, got from a drop and decided to not level it)

1*: Clone Sergeant - Phase 1 (G4)

I'm currently working on collecting shards for Old Daka (72) and Captain Phasma(30) from Cantina and GW.

I keep having idea for different teams like a crit team (Sid, Luke, Greedo), a stun team (URoR, Daka, still Luke I guess), a multiple attack team (Phasma, Raider, Ackbar) but everything is really incomplete and I'm not sure how to progress.

Replies

• That's not as much helpful as it is telling me I did something wrong when I didn't know that I was doing it wrong. I can't refund the Phasma shards for Lumi so that isn't a terrible helpful comment.
  • Absolutely nothing wrong with doing 8 GW tokens per day on phasma and 4 for Lumi, and hit Lumi's battle nodes for her shards. Focus on getting your team started evenly except for glass cannons of course for HP.

From Cantina get QGJ and Daka. From Arena Han would be good for that team. With QGJ you have some counter to Poe.

QGJ, Lumi hit decent enough.

Han could taunt and when he gets damaged gives turn meter to ur team, something Phasma and I think QGJ also help with.

It would be a solid team that at 5* each would have you in 100-200 arena rank pretty quick.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Well, then what about this: farm Luminara.

Don't worry about Phasma, she is ok with 3-4*, abd it's not deadweight. So once you get Lumi to 4-5* finish Phasma and get her a star, then finish Lumi to 7*.

You should finish Daka as well. Focus on a few characters. Easiest route is to get the cookie cutter team: Sid, Luminara, Jedi Consular, Geonosian Soldier, plus someone else, who could be Phasma, Poe, Daka, Luke, etc.

Try to build a team that has different farming spots. So, for example, Lumi and Sid, or Phasma and Han, are good pairs, while Sid and Han is not. Get a guy from cantina Shipments, another from GW, another from Arena, another from Cantina missions, and a last one from hard nodes.

I think QGJ, Luminara, Sid,Geo Soldier and Jedi Consular are the best options all around to get a good team fast. Then add Phasma or Poggle.

In your case, you could do Daka, Phasma, Sid, Luke, JC if you want to use what you already paid for.
  • So your team suggestion is QGJ, Daka, Han, Phasma, Lumi? I can work towards that. Going to be a while obviously though.

What can/should I do with my existing group? Are any of them good enough to use other than for farming? Ackbar seems like a strong counter to Phasma/Sid if everything else is trash. I have seen that Chewy doesn't scale up well.
  • Is Tusken Raider a suitable replacement for Genosian Soldier? Both have a "call a character to assist" attack. Raider can pull turn meter and gets offense up persistently while Soldier has chance at offense up and increased Crit chance. I see the value in Solider but I have Raider already. He is farmed from GW though so I couldn't star him up while getting Lumi and Phasma.
  • Triqui wrote: »
    Well, then what about this: farm Luminara.

Don't worry about Phasma, she is ok with 3-4*, abd it's not deadweight. So once you get Lumi to 4-5* finish Phasma and get her a star, then finish Lumi to 7*.

You should finish Daka as well. Focus on a few characters. Easiest route is to get the cookie cutter team: Sid, Luminara, Jedi Consular, Geonosian Soldier, plus someone else, who could be Phasma, Poe, Daka, Luke, etc.

Try to build a team that has different farming spots. So, for example, Lumi and Sid, or Phasma and Han, are good pairs, while Sid and Han is not. Get a guy from cantina Shipments, another from GW, another from Arena, another from Cantina missions, and a last one from hard nodes.

I think QGJ, Luminara, Sid,Geo Soldier and Jedi Consular are the best options all around to get a good team fast. Then add Phasma or Poggle.

In your case, you could do Daka, Phasma, Sid, Luke, JC if you want to use what you already paid for.

This is very helpful. Addresses my current situation and a goal to strive for. So thank you for this.

And Mephisto, who posted first but reinforces the similar goals.
  • So I'd finish getting Phasma to 3 or 4*, then rush Lumi to 7*. Then come back to finish Phasma.

You could farm Dakka to 6 or 7*, but QGJ and Poe are both really good. I'd consider switching to one of them at 4* Dakka.

Luke will be kinda meh without Poe and Poggle, so I'd switch to GS

Finish Sid in arena to 7*
  • I think I'm far enough away from getting Phasma (30/50) to just start pushing towards Lumi without wasting the time. I only make through the first two nodes of GW reliably every day so I can only buy one shipment. I'm going to assume I'm doing something wrong that is causing my failures in progressing through GW but I would rather just switch focus now to Lumi if she's the best thing for me to get than wait to finish Phasma.

I think Daka will activate at 4 stars. So is your suggestion to active Daka, then focus on getting QGJ or Poe instead of farming Daka to 7?