Qui-Gon Zeta; question about offense

Treadhead2017
516 posts Member
edited March 2017
So the zeta for Qui-Gon gives the team foresight, and "offense of 3x their speed".

So what does that mean? Take Yoda. My Yoda has a base speed of 202. With a QGZ lead, his speed bump to 232. According to the description of the zeta, that means an offense bump of 696. What does that mean, exactly? Is that just that much more damage per attack? Is it a modifier? If so, what is it modifying and how? I'll be honest; I notice SOME improvement, but nothing overwhelming.

I'm not saying that it's not WAI; I guess I just want to know what numbers like this mean. It's like those pieces of gear that say "+25 critical chance", but it's not REALLY +25. I just want to understand what it means to have an increase of x on offense, or defense, or whatever.

Replies

• evanbio
    1505 posts Member
    I think that is a question a lot of folks are still trying to figure out. It should certainly provide more base damage. But I haven't seen any formula that equates offense to damage directly.
  • My understanding is it gets added to your toon during the match.

A toon with 2500 offense and 200 speed should have 3100 offense during the round with his lead ability.

I don't know the forumula for that but basically, he should hit harder especially when he/she makes a critical hit.

I will give Greedo as a basic example.

His offense is around 2500. I had him modded with a slight bump in offense and he was doing crit's of around 9k or so on his basic.

I put on offense set on him and his offense is over 3000. Now when he crits it is around 11k under Boba lead.
    It should be fairly easy to test the damage difference by playing a round twice with different leaders in GW with the same toons.
  • i think it adds to your physical and special damage stats like flat offense secondaries on mods.

for example yoda's base physical damage is 2237. It becomes 2933 after leadership bonus
  • Platzman
    284 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Exactly. +offense is added to physical damage + to special damage. And abilities use ratio to calculate dmg range you deal with it. See GG pages and drilldown any ability, you will see those ratios...
  • Supercat
    3250 posts Member
    yep, offense adds to physical and special.
    let's look at yoda's basic.
    yoda's physical damage is 2237.
    188.2% of his physical dmg (that's what mechanics say on swgoh.gg) with a damage variance of 500 (between 1737 and 2737, well stick with 2237).
    2237 *1.882 = 4210 damage.
    with your specific toy speed offense boost:
    2933*1.882 = 5520 damage.

Quite a lot more.
    Don't be a ****(4), and follow forum guidelines.
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    While numbers are nice and all, everything is relative in this game. The straight offense boost is pretty similar to the amount of offense gained from JKA's leader ability (Around 30% offense) usually. So your non crits with zQGJ should hit about as hard as your non crits with JKA as your leader. I think comparing the boost to another lead is also a nice way too see how much it really gives you.
  • Treadhead2017
    516 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Helpful to know! The language is a bit iffy; I think that's what confuses people.

Vertigo is right; the extra damage isn't that much different than what you get under a JKA lead. But his leadership is described as +30% offense. It's the "%" that's the real difference. QGJ's lead is a straight fixed number, while JKA's is a percent of your offense. So the numbers aren't all that different. I do wish they'd just be more clear about it, and say that the bonus is 3X your speed added to your physical/special damage, but whatever.

What's really fun is to borrow a maxed JKA with a QGJ zeta lead; then you see some pretty massive damage increases, at least for Jedi.

Thanks for the replies!

• Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    Helpful to know! The language is a bit iffy; I think that's what confuses people.

Vertigo is right; the extra damage isn't that much different than what you get under a JKA lead. But his leadership is described as +30% offense. It's the "%" that's the real difference. QGJ's lead is a straight fixed number, while JKA's is a percent of your offense. So the numbers aren't all that different. I do wish they'd just be more clear about it, and say that the bonus is 3X your speed added to your physical/special damage, but whatever.

What's really fun is to borrow a maxed JKA with a QGJ zeta lead; then you see some pretty massive damage increases, at least for Jedi.

Thanks for the replies!

Yeah, it's pretty safe to assume anything that says offense in this game is always physical/special dmg.
  • So Special damage and Physical damage each have their own little collection of stats, and there are other stats that overlay them.

Physical damage is avoided by dodge and decreased by armor
    Special damage is avoided by deflection and decreased by resistance

Offense is physical and special damage.
    Defense is armor and resistance.
    Evasion is dodge and deflection.

So just different names based on whether they want it to affect one or both sets of damage.