Resistance Trooper

Just a simple question of his viability. How does he measure up against other high damage/no health roles? I'm going to be building a full resistance team regardless, I'm just wondering if I should prepare myself to be disappointed.

Replies

• Oh, same question goes for resistance pilot.
  • I would like to know as well.
  • Agreed I want answers people
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    I would play a resistance team if he wasnt so hard to farm
  • Jeks
    52 posts Member
    I've been using a trooper over the past week to learn him a little better, gear 8 and today he finally hit 7 stars after a long time farming. In terms of his performance he's probably what youd expect. Very very good dps (somewhere around 4k basic with a chance of expose) and generates turn meter nicely if used with Poe or Pilot. His downside is his hp, followed by his speed. Speed is somewhat overcome by his turn meter gains, but his hp leaves him just like any other glass cannons - 2 solid hits and he's done.

I need to test the team more, and will do so in arena this week. I think as has been talked at length on this forum though, there is no such thing as a perfect offense or defense and the resistance team I'm playing is no different (Poe lead, Rey, pilot, trooper, gs - all max stars and close to max gear/abilities). I'm still trying out different combos but it still comes down a lot to whose Poe goes first.
  • Jeks wrote: »
    I've been using a trooper over the past week to learn him a little better, gear 8 and today he finally hit 7 stars after a long time farming. In terms of his performance he's probably what youd expect. Very very good dps (somewhere around 4k basic with a chance of expose) and generates turn meter nicely if used with Poe or Pilot. His downside is his hp, followed by his speed. Speed is somewhat overcome by his turn meter gains, but his hp leaves him just like any other glass cannons - 2 solid hits and he's done.

I need to test the team more, and will do so in arena this week. I think as has been talked at length on this forum though, there is no such thing as a perfect offense or defense and the resistance team I'm playing is no different (Poe lead, Rey, pilot, trooper, gs - all max stars and close to max gear/abilities). I'm still trying out different combos but it still comes down a lot to whose Poe goes first.

No Finn?!? His basic attack is the house, and his stun is worthwhile too, plus good synergy with RT. I run a Poe led team with Finn, Kylo (switches out with Ben), Rey, and Leia. My RT is almost 6-star, and will try him in place of Leia. My suspicion is that I'll settle on keeping Leia, and end up throwing RT into the swap position with Ben and Kylo, since even post nerf, a well equipped Leia is a heavy hitter with a good party buff.
  • Poe, Rey, Resistance Pilot, Mace Windu, Luminari. There is a decent team.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    I want to play Poe, Rey, Resistance Pilot, Resistance Trooper and Mace Windu.

Trooper gains TM when Mace, Pilot or Poe expose people. His especial has short CD. Think it can work well.
  • Triqui wrote: »

Trooper gains TM when Mace, Pilot or Poe expose people. His especial has short CD. Think it can work well.

good point on trooper. This Mace buff is a shadow trooper buff. Every time Mace goes, trooper has a good chance to increase turn meter.
  • Jeks
    52 posts Member
    No Finn?!? His basic attack is the house, and his stun is worthwhile too, plus good synergy with RT. I run a Poe led team with Finn, Kylo (switches out with Ben), Rey, and Leia. My RT is almost 6-star, and will try him in place of Leia. My suspicion is that I'll settle on keeping Leia, and end up throwing RT into the swap position with Ben and Kylo, since even post nerf, a well equipped Leia is a heavy hitter with a good party buff.

I've tried Finn and have him maxed out but just can't get him to work, in any combos. He's just too slow, and on defense the AI uses uses his self buff on his second attack. I'm trying gs as the 5th right now to balance overall speed of the team team and potentially get some turn meter going from pilot or trooper on an early assist.

My early impression though is that the resistance combo of Poe, Rey, trooper, pilot, gs is not working as well as a combo with 2-3 resistance in it. I think you're seeing the same thing and I'm yet to test out Leia. My previous lineup tested was QGJ lead, Ben, Poe, Rey, gs and it seemed easier on offense and defense. Needs more testing.

• Jeks
    52 posts Member
    Triqui wrote: »

It'll be great to test this once it comes out but I'm seeing a couple challenges in Arena.
    1. In the current meta it may be very slow. Mace will need time to get trooper going and by then you may be 2-3 heroes down.
    2. This combo puts a lot of weight on trooper. Not that PvP defense is worth spending a lot of time on anyhow, but I would definitely be taking trooper down first and a lot synergy ends after that.

If the impact of speed and defense change, however, it's game on for this combo!
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    I agree this combo is not that good in current meta. Bit that's true with basically any unit below 125 speed or so.
    RT is faster than you think, though. He gets TM with Poe's expose and Resistance Pilot expose and his own expose. The team is flawed in the sense that all "themed" teams are (except droids, and they need to add Poe out of the sinergy to work). But it's not so bad as other themed teams like Nightsisters or Sith or Empire. Poe is speed 143, Rey is Speed 143, Poe can give extra speed tothe rest ( slowing the enemy turn meter) and 3 of theur chars have chances to gain turn meter: Resistance Pilot, Resistance Trooper, and Mace Windu.
    It won't be se good as cookie cutter Poe+ 4 dps but cnlan hold his own. And it gives you extra cookies for originality. :)
  • Arillian
    240 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    I just got trooper to 4*. Haven't used him since early game.
    Rey is now 4* as well. I still need to level and gear her.

My ultimate goal was also a full resistance team. Finn, Poe, and Pilot are 78s.

I love pilot. He has that higher level DPS that can help burst down pesky opponents. His smaller hits than the heaviest of hitters is partially made up for with foresight and turn meter gains.

Jeks wrote: »

I've tried Finn and have him maxed out but just can't get him to work, in any combos. He's just too slow, and on defense the AI uses uses his self buff on his second attack. I'm trying gs as the 5th right now to balance overall speed of the team team and potentially get some turn meter going from pilot or trooper on an early assist.

My early impression though is that the resistance combo of Poe, Rey, trooper, pilot, gs is not working as well as a combo with 2-3 resistance in it. I think you're seeing the same thing and I'm yet to test out Leia. My previous lineup tested was QGJ lead, Ben, Poe, Rey, gs and it seemed easier on offense and defense. Needs more testing.

I just tried getting rid of Finn (finally).

Staple arena team:
    Sid lead, Lumi (/Poggle), Finn, Poe, and Resistance Pilot

Today's new team:
    Sid lead, Lumi or Poggle, Geo Soldier, Poe, and Resistance Pilot

I am lvl 70. Have all the shards for Geo, was able to pay for 6* today. He is one piece shy of gear 9, and abilities are level 5.

First 2 matches were a breeze and took me to number 1 on my shard from 12. I lost the Poe RNG against the number 1. Lost Lumi and had every other toon at half health before my Poe went. Geo won this battle period.

Unless he gets a buff, using Finn long term over other FTP toons will be a liability.
    Knights of the Mobile Republic