Is ZCody worth it?

Vertigo322
137 posts Member
edited March 2017
After long last I'm finally ready to spend my first zeta, but I'm not sure who to use it on. I've got a strong clone squad, however I've heard that the clones are pretty bad in arena. Unfortunately my Maul and Vader are in no shape to be zeta-ed. Any ideas as to who I should use my first zeta on?
Here is my SWGOH - https://swgoh.gg/u/vertigo322/

Replies

• Saraleb
    2070 posts Member
    Options
    My first Zeta went to Cody, but prime purpose was for HAAT not Arena (although wish it could have been for both)
  • Options
    You seem to like boba, maybe zeta him?
  • Yogi
    907 posts Member
    Options
    Saraleb wrote: »
    My first Zeta went to Cody, but prime purpose was for HAAT not Arena (although wish it could have been for both)

I did the same. 5's is getting my next zeta as well
  • Saraleb
    2070 posts Member
    Options
    Yogi wrote: »

hehe exactly the same (3 away)
  • Yogi
    907 posts Member
    Options
    Yogi wrote: »

hehe exactly the same (3 away)

Nice. 10 away here.

• Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options
    I would only Zeta Cody first if you run the HAAT raid. Otherwise I'd probably just hold off on it for a little bit. You seem to need a lot of Rancor raid gear and the clones aren't really great for the pit raid, your vader is only 5 stars and putting the zeta on boba won't help him in the pit at all. If you really want to use the zeta right now, you should put it on Boba or Maul or Savage for the arena. But Boba's Zeta won't be very useful, especially at only gear 8. Maul at g8 with a zeta lead can be very effective with the right sith behind him. Savage can also be a real pita with his zeta unique and could still fit under your Boba lead. If I were you I would probably wait until you had more options geared up for the zeta unless you think that you'll have a second one by the time you get the other options geared well enough.
  • Options
    Makes sense. I don't really need to spend the zeta now, I was just excited too finally have one. I may hold off on placing it on someone for the moment, see how my teams shape up. Thanks for the input!
  • Options
    I have Cody and Fives Zeta'd used them for the first time in p4 of a normal tank raid today....

Managed 7.8m of damage, could have done in excess of 8m had I not finished off the raid.

They breeze through GW, quite often finishing up with full health and plenty of protection.

Doing okay in the arena too, drop to around 25 before doing my battles and manage to get up to 5-10 before payout.
  • Options
    @MukkaMatt Is Cody's issue with being squishy helped out by the zeta and keeping Echo alive for longer to provide the healing with By the Book? I seem to find now that my Cody is just so easy to destroy and then there goes the assault every few turns by the whole team.
  • Options
    Given your rank a zCody will help you improve in arena as well, but you really need to use them in conjunction with a full clone squad. zCody is also really good in the tank raid and your guild will greatly appreciate you when you're able to put up a few million damage in P2.

You also have the workings of a zMaul arena team with Maul, Dooku, EP, Savage. So you might want to consider that as well
  • Options
    @Collateralize Is my Maul viable at the moment? I had started to work on him ages ago and he fell off my radar. I know one of the current big teams around is a ZMaul lead, though I'm not sure if my sith toons are ready for that.
  • Options
    The team will be viable if you get them geared up with better mods. You're looking for speed arrows and as much speed secondaries as possible.
  • Options
    @Vertigo322

This is my team...
    https://swgoh.gg/u/mukkamattone/

I don't seem to have problems with squishyness but don't know if that's mods/gear or the Zeta. I do have every single bit of gear across all clones and some fairly good mods... although I could probably do with reviewing and moving some about!

• Options
    Hmm the RNG gods haven't been kind to me with speed mods or secondaries. I'll have to mull over this. As of now I'm debating between focusing on one of three team setups, Bounty Hunters, Sith, or Clones. Not totally sure which I should throw my lot into. My guild recently tried HAAT and well suffice it to say, it was a mess. We barely cleared P1.
  • Options
    @MukkaMatt well your team does look pretty beefy. If I go with clones, I may need to spend a few weeks focusing heavily on mods alone. I'm really not looking to place top 10 in my arena shard, though ducking under and sitting around mid 200 or so would be kinda nice.
  • Options
    If you gear them up and slap on some decent mods you'll definitely break into top 200. Whichever route you do go.. I would recommend spending a week or two just farming mods with cantina energy. Mods really do make a massive difference and will make or break a team.

Also, bounty hunters aren't that viable. They are fun.. look cool.. nice to have.. but really not that arena viable and don't do well in the raids either. So decide between Sith or Clones
  • Options
    Haha yaaaaa but I love them so much! Plus still holding out hope they'll add in Jengo, Bask, so on.