Something wrong with Victory March?

I noticed today in my first arena battle that it seemed like the Advantage granted with Victory March was wearing off after 1 turn. During my second battle, I paid closer attention to the buff once I used Victory March, and sure enough, it is wearing off after 1 turn.

Is there a mechanic that I'm missing here, or is Victory March not functioning properly?

Replies

• Vertigo
    4496 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    I noticed today in my first arena battle that it seemed like the Advantage granted with Victory March was wearing off after 1 turn. During my second battle, I paid closer attention to the buff once I used Victory March, and sure enough, it is wearing off after 1 turn.

Is there a mechanic that I'm missing here, or is Victory March not functioning properly?

Advantage will last two turns if you don't use it. Once you use it, i.e. you attack and it gives you a crit (or it's evaded) then it will be used up. If you have advantage but are stunned for 1 turn, you will still have it on your second turn. It doesn't really give it to you for two turns, it gives you two turns to use it, but if you use it the first turn it goes away. It's not the most clear ability description.
  • Inyan_Soi_Leau
    430 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Vertigo wrote: »

Advantage will last two turns if you don't use it. Once you use it, i.e. you attack and it gives you a crit (or it's evaded) then it will be used up. If you have advantage but are stunned for 1 turn, you will still have it on your second turn. It doesn't really give it to you for two turns, it gives you two turns to use it, but if you use it the first turn it goes away. It's not the most clear ability description.

Ah, ok, thanks. That makes much more sense.

Yeah, it's definitely a poorly worded description. I had to go look up what advantage even means when I first read it a while back.
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    @Vertigo gave great explanation.

here is the dev's longer one from long time ago:
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/290936/#Comment_290936
    Some quick notes on the new Advantage and associated reworks:
    Advantage was indeed changed partially because it was just overwhelmingly effective once defense was a big factor in survivability--it felt silly putting all this effort into re-tuning the game to be less explosive if a high-burst character with old Advantage could crit and still 80~100% kill someone in one shot. The new Advantage was decided on because it had a big upside--while it's now harder to stack with other damage increases, it can act as an enabler for lots of on-crit mechanics. You can see this firsthand in several of the First Order character ability reworks, as they can now trigger many of their effects on a regular crit, independent of Advantage.
    Advantage will cause AoE attacks to automatically crit every target hit.
    Advantage will cause multi-hit moves (e.g. Rey's Flurry of Blows, Magmatrooper's Line of Fire) to crit each hit.
    Advantage will not help extra attacks, as they are, well, separate attacks. (e.g. Dooku's Hindering Press)
    Advantage is applied to the next damaging attack only. This means if you, say, use a healing/buffing ability that doesn't deal damage, it won't consume Advantage. It also won't be consumed if you're Stunned and lose your turn. This is why Advantage still specifies a duration--conceivably, if you stun-locked somebody long enough, Advantage would expire.
    By the same token, Advantage will still be consumed if the target Evaded your attack--it only 'cares' whether you did a damaging attack, not whether that attack succeeded.
    The only exceptions to 'next-attack-only' are Assists granted by Phasma's Fire at Will, which will refresh the Assisting ally's Advantage if they had it as soon as they finish the attack. This was a quality-of-life improvement to compensate for the fact that you don't get to decide who gets called for an Assist, which could cause you to expend Advantage undesirably, and that felt weird for the First Order leader.
    The "once per enemy" thing on First Order TIE Pilot's Keen Eye means that you can't gain Advantage from a single enemy falling below 50%, healing above 50%, and falling below it again; in general, this means that in PvP and Galactic War, Keen Eye will "only" grant Advantage 5 times per battle. "Only".
    First Order TIE Pilot's triple attack bug is actually definitely finally fixed as part of the reworks. (Probably.)
  • Probably
  • Lmao! Love the (propably) at the end.
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    Probably
    Lmao! Love the (propably) at the end.

I know.