Hey wait a second! Is 4x speed really 2x, and 2x speed, 1x?

MrGrips
521 posts Member
So, I was running an arena match today at 4x speed and switched it to 1x for fun (waste time on the clock). Then I noticed Vader do a matrix inspired slow speed jump at my biggs. Hey! This looks like half speed!

Then 2x looked like regular 1x speed, and 4x looked like 2x. A bug maybe? My phone glitching? Or devs pulling the wool over everyones eyes pretending we had 4x speed?

Replies

• scuba
    14034 posts Member
    I have been wonder the same thing. 1x seems super slow.
  • Snake2
    1455 posts Member
    Maybe 1x is the speed it used to be a long time ago for non gw battles. There used to be normal speed, gw speed, and auto speed
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    1x now feels like
    mzvDYyx.gif
  • Vertigo
    4496 posts Member
    Snake2 wrote: »
    Maybe 1x is the speed it used to be a long time ago for non gw battles. There used to be normal speed, gw speed, and auto speed

I think it's this. 1x speed is the speed arena battles and LS battles and cantina battles used to move at. GW battles always had slightly faster animations than the rest of the game. Either that or 1x just looks sooooo slow after getting used to 4x.
  • Yup I noticed the same thing. 1x is a crawl that didn't exist before as the normal speed. Not sure what the point of it is - maybe to be able to see damage inflicted by your toons more easily?
  • Vertigo
    4496 posts Member
    SwiftMooky wrote: »
    Yup I noticed the same thing. 1x is a crawl that didn't exist before as the normal speed. Not sure what the point of it is - maybe to be able to see damage inflicted by your toons more easily?

They probably couldn't fit "Damage Screenshot Speed" into the little circle
  • Kj9973
    68 posts Member
    scuba wrote: »
    1x now feels like
    mzvDYyx.gif

Haha!
  • You guys make me lol. You all just have become so accustomed to 4x speed that 1x just appears to be abnormally slow. Just your mind playing tricks on itself. 1x is the same speed it's always been.
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    Ig88isboss wrote: »
    You guys make me lol. You all just have become so accustomed to 4x speed that 1x just appears to be abnormally slow. Just your mind playing tricks on itself. 1x is the same speed it's always been.

Very well could be. I am going to test tomorrow.
  • scuba wrote: »
    You guys make me lol. You all just have become so accustomed to 4x speed that 1x just appears to be abnormally slow. Just your mind playing tricks on itself. 1x is the same speed it's always been.

Just go to YouTube and watch any old video that isn't sped up. The characters move at a snail's pace.
  • MrGrips
    521 posts Member

No way. Ill bet you my roster. Vader's jump looked like the matrix. It looked like myth busters' high speed camera. It looked like Gary the snail was having a slow day. If I had video, youd see!
  • Ea again has lied to us... They can't be honest about anything... Yes speed 4X is really 2X and speed 1X is half normal speed.

Why do they have to misrepresented absolutely everything.
  • Ea again has lied to us... They can't be honest about anything... Yes speed 4X is really 2X and speed 1X is half normal speed.

No they haven't... Go to YouTube and watch any old video. You guys are being kinda ridiculous right now tbh.
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member

Just go to YouTube and watch any old video that isn't sped up. The characters move at a snail's pace.

I prefer recording new footage and comparing to my old stuff. That way I know the speeds of everything. Same characters using same abilities.
  • MrGrips
    521 posts Member
    Ea again has lied to us... They can't be honest about anything... Yes speed 4X is really 2X and speed 1X is half normal speed.

No they haven't... Go to YouTube and watch any old video. You guys are being kinda ridiculous right now tbh.

Looked at youtube, was a lot slower than the youtube videos at regular speed.
  • I blame RNG and umm.. WAI.. and umm.. let's just say I blame Acronyms.. YEAH ACRONYMS!
    1x now feels like
    mzvDYyx.gif

Lol'd so true!
    This is a signature.
  • https://youtu.be/QwDcnF3-N8Y

https://youtu.be/gtE4hQzExEU

I'm not seeing a difference between the two.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    1x now feels like
    mzvDYyx.gif

Nice. :D
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
    1x now feels like
    mzvDYyx.gif

LMAO This is the best comment so far, 10/10.... BTW I thought I was the only who thought the 4x speed was going slower than usual.
  • I've watched gameplay before the QOL update and I've noticed the x1 speed IS slower than pre-QoL patched normal speed.
  • The0n3
    984 posts Member

I think the same.
  • Today 4x seemed AWFULLY SLOW!
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • Play pool on a 9' table for a few weeks then go back to a 6' table. Feels like a kiddie table top pool table w oversized balls. Same thing.
  • Allenb60
    2171 posts Member
    It really reminds me of DC Legends, it has had the speed up feature before it was added to swgoh and once you set it to the faster speed you really can't go back. Try watching youtube videos at a faster speed if you get a chance to
  • Vertigo
    4496 posts Member
    Allenb60 wrote: »
    It really reminds me of DC Legends, it has had the speed up feature before it was added to swgoh and once you set it to the faster speed you really can't go back. Try watching youtube videos at a faster speed if you get a chance to

Honestly I watch a lot of youtube videos at 1.25 or 1.5 speed. You can usually still understand any words being said and its just less time haha.
  • MrGrips
    521 posts Member
    https://youtu.be/QwDcnF3-N8Y

https://youtu.be/gtE4hQzExEU

I'm not seeing a difference between the two.

It seeme like my game seems slower than the 1x speed we're seeing in that video after the QOL update.
  • spotremix
    1566 posts Member
    i think you guys have just become so use to quicker speeds. i have and always will play this game on 1x. i can tell you it has NOT gotten slower.