Triple Cleanse - Rex(L), DN, Chirrut, Baze, GK

vynn
205 posts Member
edited April 2017
This is the toughest team I've ever gone up against in Arena:

Rex(L), DN, Chirrut, Baze, GK

The closest I was able to come to beating it was using:

Maul(L), EP, Boba, DN and STHan where an early match execute on Chirrut left him with a sliver of health and it came down to Maul vs Chirrut and DN. With all of the cleaners, I would have to land Daze and then either Stun or Ability block Rex, Chirrut and GK to get the advantage needed to win the match. For each of my attempts, Daze failed to land on at least 1 of those 3, resulting in the cleanse.

B2 would normally be a good option against double taunt, but that still depends on landing Daze + Stun/AB first or the AoE will feed too much TM. Also, for Boba to be of any use against Chirrut it's usually counter productive to dispel his HoTs.

Any ideas? :D
Post edited by vynn on

Replies

• vynn
    205 posts Member
    I don't have Sith Assassin ready yet, but maybe DN lead with her to boost turn 1 TM would be an option.
  • Your first and foremost target should be chirrut. If you can't OH him then try to get as much buffs on him as you can in the first rounds of the battle. To do so, take down his prot as much as possible with thethe strongest attack, this should trigger gk, put any debuff on gk and watch allthe the cleanses with additional buffs coming up. Reattach crit immunity with aoe. If you managed to get him under 100% there should already be hots on him with a total of 4-5 buffs. This should be enough for boba.
    Try this at the beginning. Many tries might be necessary. After that you can just auto the rest of the battle.
  • Oh and you might want to check out sith trooper. More viable with all the zmaul love. He's a badass even on those 3*.
  • Its a tough team. Its all built around keeping nihilus alive to do his work. I have found that zQGJ jedi with zoda (+ jka kenobi barris but mix and match what works for you) well becaue the constant foresight seems to slow nihilus and he cant get to his ultimate move quickly. One of the whales on my shard runs it and for me the most painful part is kenobis recurring taunt. For this reason I generally just focus kenobi down 1st using tmr from qgj and yoda to keep slowing nihilus down. When kenobi is finally down i can focus on nihilus totally and use zoda to finish the taunts on Baze ie battle meditation forces baze to 100% tm and ends his taunt. Then back to nihilus.

Good luck
    | ANZGC | Exile |
  • I've faced a similar team. I havent tried it but perhaps going with stunners and characters who can hit all 5 targets would work. Off the top of my head id imagine the squad would look like this:

Palpatine(L)
    Vader
    Daka
    Wedge
    Lando

Of course youd have to get to nihilus before he can insta-kill. Stunning their squad would be key i think cause then theyd have less turns to do damage. You could also put nihilus in your team and fight fire with fire :P

Hope this helps :)
  • Zooey
    1607 posts Member
    It's RNG and speed dependent but Zader B2 Nihilus EP STH worked pretty well last time I fought that team in GW. Need to make sure that their Nihilus uses his CD skill as little as possible.
  • Jetlife
    1367 posts Member
    Here is the deal with this triple cleanse team.
    You need to be faster.
    First move (yours): debuff baze with a basic ability.
    2nd move (enemy chirru): chirrut cleanse, give everybody tenacity up other than baze.
    3rd turn (yours) : debuff baze again with basic
    4th turn (enemy rex) : cleanse, give everybody tenacity up.
    Than if those key events happen. Kill gk while you wait out the tenacity up. If they have retribution; you can aoe if you are using sith under zaul, you will dodge enough.
    Don't use your special debuffs if they have tenacity up or about to dispell it.
    My usual kill order is gk - Rex- Ep(my enemy used DN but ep is way better 5th man)- chirrut or baze. Make sure you know the synergy between chaze that way you don't have baze taunting like crazy.
    Good luck.
    I use zaul/Zavage/zooku/Nihilus/sid
    Easy wins because I'm able to let those key events happen every game.
  • vynn
    205 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Jetlife, your team doesn't match up with the turn of events. How are you debuffing Baze on your first two moves with 1 debuffer? Also, if you're killing GK first, why bother debuffing Baze only to focus on another tank?

From my experience, Chirrut has to be killed first. I've beat the team a couple times using this team/strategy:

Maul(L), EP, Boba, DN, Vader

This is how the battle plays out when I'm able to win, and I've done it without losing any characters. The trouble is it's very rng dependent and I've lost far more than I've won:

Maul goes first and lands Daze on at least all 3 cleansers. EP immediately follows up with a stun on hopefully all 3 cleansers, DN follows that up with cooldown reduction. Chirrut seems to be the hardest to stun reliably and will go next with a basic attack due to DN blocking his cleanse. Boba targets Chirrut and hopefully lands 2-turn ability block. That's how the opener has to play out, and if I fail to land both Stun & Ability Block on just 1 of the 3 cleansers I lose.

If the opener is successful, the rest of the battle is very straight forward. EP adds offense up, Vader dots everyone, Boba Excute on Chirrut, focus dmg on taunts and clearing taunts when possible to take out Rex. Generally one of the tanks is taken out by DN Annihilate. Opposing DN is taken down last.
    Post edited by vynn on
  • Jetlife
    1367 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    @vynn
    So I use zaul/Zavage/zooku/nih/sid
    First move my dooku goes and debuffs baze.
    Chirrut cleanses.
    Sid goes next and debuffs,
    Rex cleanses
    Kill gk
    From their either take out Rex or Nihilus.
    If you try to take out chirrut than baze will taunt again and chirrut will go back to full health; therefore baze taunting again if chirrut loses any health. Remeber he still has tenacity up from Rex so no way to put shock on baze to keep him from taunting.

There is many way to beat this team. Like you said; your wins depend on rng. With this strategy it's not much depending on rng. Even if tummies he first debuff; chirrut will skip his cleanse and Rex will give tenacity up.
    With 3 cleansers on the opposite team it is not smart to start off with your special debuffs as they will just get cleansed.
    I beat this squad 9/10 times.

You don't have to use dooku and sid either. I use them because they are the fastest and sid is good because he can lay down the aoe debuffs than Nihilus follows and raises all their cd.

Vader, ep, savage, trooper and assassin all have debuffs on their basic as well. Many options.
  • Jetlife
    1367 posts Member
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MW0AjxEhr_g
    Here you go.
    No DN but ep is better in this squad imo
  • I just put together a squad that can consistently handle the rex team you deal with, tho I admit there are some hard to obtain characters in my squad. was sick of getting owned by feeding tm by crit from zaul lead, switched to Nihlus (L) palp chaze GK. I have nihlus unique zetad, so whenever they move they get a debuff and go crazy trying to cleanse it. Once they've all cleanses I dispel them and use all my specials and control the match from there
  • Dwinkelm
    765 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    If you have Zader, that's your best bet. You can use all those enemy buffs/cleanses to your advantage. Zader + Boba allows for MASSIVE damage with Execute and Culling Blade, enough to one-shot chirrut (or anybody else, but chirrut should be your first kill if you can). Once chirrut goes down, you should be able to handle the rest.

Of course, the key is keeping Zader and Boba alive long enough for them to use those specials multiple times each. Try using three taunting tanks, staggering their taunts so when Baze/Nihilus dispel you have another one coming. Ideally, when DN comes around to Annihilate, you have a taut up. Sun Fac, ShT, and STH would be good choices IMO.

Good luck! Let us know how it goes
  • Zooey
    1607 posts Member
    Jetlife wrote: »
    Here you go.

You lose that match though if DN doesn't reduce CD on Rex.

I've started using Nihilus lead versus those teams. They don't do enough damage to kill one of your toons through the insane healing and DN can be used to assassinate opposing Bazes or DNs.
  • Jetlife
    1367 posts Member
    Zooey wrote: »
    Here you go.

Actually, no. By raising Rex CD; it only gave the opposing team tenacity up for 1 round longer. And as you saw, it was still no problem. I won by using mostly basic attacks. It's actually a good strategy and I have been 100% on offense with against this team.
    Now if I used sids special at the start than that would of been automatic game over, I lose.
    @vynn did any of this help at all?
    This is actually a strategy a guild mate showed me. It works wonders!
  • Collateralize
    74 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Thanks @Jetlife I'm going to try this when I get home tonight. I have been avoiding these teams and was too stupid feeding them turn meter. Maybe singe target focus is the key to beating this comp
  • Jetlife
    1367 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Let us know how you do @Collateralize
  • vynn
    205 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Zooey wrote: »
    Here you go.

Actually, no. By raising Rex CD; it only gave the opposing team tenacity up for 1 round longer. And as you saw, it was still no problem. I won by using mostly basic attacks. It's actually a good strategy and I have been 100% on offense with against this team.
    Now if I used sids special at the start than that would of been automatic game over, I lose.
    @vynn did any of this help at all?
    This is actually a strategy a guild mate showed me. It works wonders!

The team in your example is a bit different/weaker. I'm facing a team that's over 50k power, all 7* except GK who is 6* with DN in place of EP. The 7* Chirrut is a MUCH bigger threat for me, if I'm spending time poking away at Baze and GK then I've already lost. Also, the Speed of each character for reference:
    1. Chirrut: 241
    2. Rex: 236
    3. GK: 210
    4. DN: 194
    5. Base: 125
  • Jetlife
    1367 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Did you atleast try it out??
    My enemy chirrut has 253 speed and enemy Rex has 247, and gk at 222. The chirrut is now 6* and I barely see any difference. Dodge ftw. He is now usin DN and it is now easier. The reason it's easier with DN is because that triple cleanse teams don't use debuffs so I don't usually get my CD raised by DN; and even if it does it won't matter because as you see, I used mostly basics. The star level on DN has no effect.
    I never cleared it up; but the only reason I debuff at the start is to waste the enemy tenacity up. If I get a crit on baze at the start, than I will start attacking GK and not baze.
    With the assist from gk and chirrut; those are your only 2 damage dealers. Any sith should be able to live against those 2 things whether it is dodge or being able to health steal back.
    It's all about wasting the enemy tenacity up.

Btw if you want to still use the strategy to kill off chirrut at the beginning; you will need to OHKO him; get him to barely any protection and kill all his health. Use wiggs dude!
  • vynn
    205 posts Member
    I don't have Dooku and SO ready yet.
  • Vertigo
    4496 posts Member
    Vader is actually clutch against GK+Rex. His Basic can ability block GK through foresight and through tenacity up. Only way I've beaten that team is with Maul, EP, Vader, Nihilus and STH. It's not 100% effective though, but it's the only way I've done it.
  • Jetlife wrote: »
    Here you go.

Thanks for sharing Jetlife.
    What happens if I dont have DN?
    I usually use Zaul, EP, Vader, Sidous and GK but when facing a team with Rex lead, DN, Chaze, GK or Zariss, I usually use Zaul, EP, Vader, Boba and GK or B2.

Problem is if I want to rely on Boba executing Chirrut, I would have to use my AOE debuffs to have maximum damage. If I dont use any AOE, Boba would not be effective. How would you approach this?

Note: I am asking because with my current strategy I think i have no more than 30% success rate as the AI always seems to target my Boba first.
  • vynn
    205 posts Member
    Jetlife, I tried your strategy using Vader and EP in place of Dooku and SO and was absolutely slaughtered. It was so ugly I'm embarrassed to have even tried it. lol
  • vynn
    205 posts Member
    Replaced EP with B2 and it went slightly better but still couldn't kill even ONE enemy.
  • vynn
    205 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    One team I've won with is Rex, STHan, Boba, DN, EP.
  • vynn
    205 posts Member
    The team I can win with at almost a 50/50 rate is Maul, EP, Boba, DN, Vader. It just requires Maul landing Daze on GK, Rex and Chirrut.
  • Jetlife
    1367 posts Member
    Here you go.

Thanks for sharing Jetlife.
    What happens if I dont have DN?
    I usually use Zaul, EP, Vader, Sidous and GK but when facing a team with Rex lead, DN, Chaze, GK or Zariss, I usually use Zaul, EP, Vader, Boba and GK or B2.

Problem is if I want to rely on Boba executing Chirrut, I would have to use my AOE debuffs to have maximum damage. If I dont use any AOE, Boba would not be effective. How would you approach this?

Note: I am asking because with my current strategy I think i have no more than 30% success rate as the AI always seems to target my Boba first.

Before I started to use DN I used ep.
    I would take the same strategy by using single target and not feed to much tm. Only use specials when they can't get cleansed or when they don't have tenacity up.
    I would usually take out gk and Rex than shock baze, kill chirrut.
    If you get a shock on baze after chirrut cleanses; you can possibly kill chirrut with big damage before it gets cleanses. You really have to use your debuffs to your advantage and use them at correct times or the opposing rex/gk/chirrut will make them uselesss.
    Heal immunity from sid
    Shock from dooku or ep
    Stun from dooku or ep
    Daze from maul
    Cd raise from Nihilus
    Ability block by dooku
    4 of these are applied by basics (savage, vader, assassin and trooper also apply debuffs with basic)
    So yeah best bet to kill chirrut is waste enemy cleanses than wait out tenacity; then shock baze and kill chirrut. Use the debuffs to your advantage!!
  • vynn
    205 posts Member
    DN, zSO, zSid, Dooku, B2 vs Triple Cleanse (Rex, DN, GK, Chaze).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FO4SJ-uFPb8
  • I can beat those teams using zQGJ, Aayla, Ahsoka, anakin, zoda. Target Rex then Kenobi then nihilus. It's not always pretty but it can get the job done on offense (I don't have Kenobi but he'd certainly have a spot there if I did)