Hera Bundle?

Tachycardia
201 posts Member
edited March 2017
Anyone buy the bundle with 25 shards and is it worth it?

I'm thinking about getting it and the deadline is near.

Replies

• Seltgar
    217 posts Member
    It is value if you plan on using her
  • Only if you plan on buying the other packs to get her past 4*... otherwise just wait
  • Do you think getting her to 4* well help with unlocking the other characters and ships though?
  • It's a good enough deal. Even if you don't buy the other packs you'll get a jump on shards when she's farmable.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Not unless you want to drop $ to get her to a useful lvl.

+25 gets you 4* plus 15/65 shards...that's 50 shards at 5 a piece (possible 30 in there... :wink: ) 10 packs x1299 crystals....

New toons do seem viable at 3-4* but I am not sure a full team (or even 3) at 3-4* will be arena viable.

Some combination will be used on the ships, but again stars are super important to a ships performance so... $$....

I was tempted too, but I am leaning towards no.

Only reason I am still thinking about it: there is a possibility that they could release their ships in a yoda/palp style event where * count will matter.
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    $9.99 pack for 25 Hera shards. That's a bargain compared to the 1299 guaranteed 5 and maybe 30 packs. Just buy it if you're slightly tempted. 4* is always better than 3*.

Best case scenario is phoenix tag ends up like bad as rebels or sith, worst case if they end up like those loser jawas.

Good luck.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Winstar wrote: »
    $9.99 pack for 25 Hera shards. That's a bargain compared to the 1299 guaranteed 5 and maybe 30 packs. Just buy it if you're slightly tempted. 4* is always better than 3*. Good luck.

Yes, I know I referenced that, but the point is, is it worth it? Everything about them is on paper and theory crafting...

Buying packs blind is a good way to waste money. I was addressing the fact that if you only buy the pack, it's gets you to 4* and not really much else.....

How is 4* any better if they can't be used in arena or anywhere but GW.......
  • scuba
    14040 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    $9.99 pack for 25 Hera shards. That's a bargain compared to the 1299 guaranteed 5 and maybe 30 packs. Just buy it if you're slightly tempted. 4* is always better than 3*. Good luck.

Yes, I know I referenced that, but the point is, is it worth it? Everything about them is on paper and theory crafting...

Buying packs blind is a good way to waste money. I was addressing the fact that if you only buy the pack, it's gets you to 4* and not really much else.....

Why can't they be used in arena? It is the 4* meta time.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    scuba wrote: »

4* toons yes, but 4* team? I know * count is the least important, but if they are viable in arena as 4* and no 7* then I'm sure they will be fine at 3*....so pack is still not worth it.

They are also a hardcore team to gear.

Like I said in a different thread maybe 3 and 2 old toons to keep the team going (need a cleanser) but still 3 4* toons probably just make you a target in most shards.
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member

4* toons yes, but 4* team? I know * count is the least important, but if they are viable in arena as 4* and no 7* then I'm sure they will be fine at 3*....so pack is still not worth it.

Like I said in a different thread maybe 3 and 2 old toons to keep the team going (need a cleanser) but still 3 4* toons probably just make you a target in most shards.

A guy running all 4* rogue one characters (except for k2 at 7*) on my shard was able to secure 1st for a while. If they're all g11 the stars are pretty much negligible, especially with zeta Jyn lead you just want protection anyways.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Vertigo wrote: »

A guy running all 4* rogue one characters (except for k2 at 7*) on my shard was able to secure 1st for a while. If they're all g11 the stars are pretty much negligible, especially with zeta Jyn lead you just want protection anyways.

When R1 toons first came out they were a much better bet then these toons look like on paper for a viable meta. But look how long that lasted....

I agree it's not crazy to think they could do it, but it's just hard to back it as a good idea to pay just for 4* when we know nothing 'real' about them.

Plenty of toons look great on paper, and teams too, but they fall short when put to the test or end up being very situational.
  • scuba
    14040 posts Member

I think a good team with 3 of them plus 2 others will be good. Hera will be part of that 3.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

I think a good team with 3 of them plus 2 others will be good. Hera will be part of that 3.

I agree, but will there be a big difference in 3 or 4*, I just don't think so.
  • scuba
    14040 posts Member

Don't know. But to me it was only 10 bucks so why not.
  • Kyno wrote: »

I felt a significant difference between 3 and 4 star Chirrut
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

Don't know. But to me it was only 10 bucks so why not.

That's why I was considering it. I wish they had more deals at reasonable prices.