Phasma's Fire at Will

2Next

Replies

• Options
    murton09 wrote: »
    TheVinegru wrote: »
    There are a lot of people on this forum who resist any suggestion that rebalancing should include both buffs and nerfs. It's really difficult to sift through the bias to find actual objective opinion.

Removing the names and skins and playing that way testing each would be the only way

the update is done. i believe there will be nerfs and buffs, maybe not in equal proportions. They look at game data to determine where changes are made. I think there is very little influence from people complaining on the forum. maybe initially we bring it to their attention, but they are looking for things in the data that are out of balance. Im sure they can pull data of who lives at the end of a round, and who dies the most in their match and make a ranked comparison of who is outperforming in arena and gw.

• Options
    lol another let's nerf a char thread

• Options
    RAYRAY wrote: »
    There is nothing wrong with Phasma or her ability.

There is a bug, when her Fire at Will call stunned toon to assist and the stun is interrupted.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    As i have said before 56 of the top 100 in my arena have phasma as leader, that indicates something.
    It indicares that there is a lack of viable leaders. Most leadership give bonus to a certain glass of toons: bonus to jedis, rebels, scoundrels, etc. People don't want to be saddled with that, as currently there is not enough dudes of each type. So Sid and Phasma, who give generic buffs, are seeing much more.

About the proceso rate... If it were so bad in offense, you wouldnt have 56 teams using her in the top 100, would you? ;)

• Options
    as for that, if it procs well in defense, you have 22 1/2 hours a day when you arent attacking. it would make sense to leave phasma in leader all day if it gives you crazy assists.
  • Camalus
    217 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Well I certainly don't want to see her nerfed, maybe some speed balancing among all toons (more turns more assist chances) I don't think her leader ability is op and I hope they haven't nerfed it because its not fixing the underlying issue.
  • Options
    The problem is the ai procs too **** much.
  • Options
    lol another let's nerf a char thread

Actually wasn't calling for a nerf to Phasma, actually. Either of my suggested changes would make HER still function ideally the same, but handicap the over performing characters from compounding their capabilities (be it the sheer raw damage of certain multi-hitting characters' basic attacks; the self-buffing basic attackers; the overly handicapping of debuff basic attackers; etc...).

Phasma herself would still be fully functional, it's just that it would help tone-down the true over-performers that are pretty much "best in slot" for arena. Which would ultimately encourage more diversity, variety, and by extension strategy. I certainly admit that Phasma isn't the one ultimately responsible for the current stagnation, but identically to Poe on a team with these same "best in slot" characters (for arena, at least), she goes to further enhance the problematic characters to absurdity at times.

Poe gives consecutive attacks to turn-1 (and potentially turn-2) speed characters, which happen to be the bulk of the heaviest-hitters in the game right now, so I understand where folks are coming from when they demand he be nerfed to the ground, yet all I've tried to do in the Poe threads is point out the deeper truth, that Poe isn't the one actually killing off all those characters prior to their turn.

Phasma's Fire At Will buff compounds the over-performing characters just as much as Poe does but it's not really instantaneously effective (can be, with 1st-turn characters, sure) so it tends to be less obvious. Ultimately, however, it accomplishes the same exact thing: consecutive hits. When these consecutive hits are coming from the absolute kings of damage (particularly broken multi-attackers, self-buffers, and turn-meter gainers), I can assure you that FAW is causing problems.