Farming on 6/8/10 energy battles or hard levels?

Does anyone know whether there is any difference in the drop rates for higher level purple gear depending on the energy 'tier' ?

I'm trying to get the purple frisbee and the drop rates on 6A are terrible. I know its really all about your offerings to the RNGesus but any word from on high?

I've noticed with other purple gear, I seem to get more from the hard missions where I'm character farming that the normal missions where I'm just looking for gear.

Replies

• Hard missions are always better in the long run. And I notice seemingly better drops as well, but that's mainly because they have double the possible awards for double the cost.
    Anyway, no matter what you do, never stop farming 6A! Getting the other Pur... wait, you do mean the Purple Fan! (the disk thing INT characters need looks more like a frisbee than this one IMO)
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride
  • The drop rate for gear is consistent based on the rarity, not the amount of energy spent. So a purple hairdryer may have a 10% chance to drop, and a blue laptop may have a 20%. It doesn't matter if you spent 6 or 20 energy. So you should almost always choose the lower energy for farming gear (unless you need other gears from higher energy missions as well, shards, etc).

Source:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/420dkn/purple_equipment_and_10_energy_missions/

[–]im-not-really-a-jedi 10 points 13 days ago*
    The drop rate for gear is consistent based on the rarity.

[–]im-not-really-a-jedi 14 points 13 days ago*
    Okay, so I was correct that all items have a set drop rate based on their rarity. Where I was wrong is that we don't roll against buckets. Each item has it's own % to drop and how many items are in a node are irrelevant.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Hard battles with 2 purple items are the best in the long run. You get a Free roll for s shard. But you get your purple gear faster if you to straight for it at lower nodes.
  • Triqui wrote: »
    Hard battles with 2 purple items are the best in the long run. You get a Free roll for s shard. But you get your purple gear faster if you to straight for it at lower nodes.
    Only if they're shards you actually want though. :)
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*