Has any one tried a bad old Ben with zaul

Has anyone tried a bad old Ben with zaul.

Replies

• Options
    Bad old ben = Bob? Boba fett?
  • Options
    Kenobi use him as fodder to give sith power ups.
  • crzydroid
    7298 posts Moderator
    Options
    So you're suggesting that since he's unstealthed, people will have to attack him and then he gives the buffs? Might work, but he's pretty tanky and gets evasion up, and someone who has a good counter to Zaul could probably get around it on attack.

But if you put like a level 1 g1 in there so they have no choice but to kill him first...is that what you meant by "bad?"

If you think those buffs are enough to win 4 on 5 on defense, I suppose you could try.
  • crzydroid
    7298 posts Moderator
    Options
    Oh, but a fast tfp would put a stop to that.
  • Options
    crzydroid wrote: »
    So you're suggesting that since he's unstealthed, people will have to attack him and then he gives the buffs? Might work, but he's pretty tanky and gets evasion up, and someone who has a good counter to Zaul could probably get around it on attack.

But if you put like a level 1 g1 in there so they have no choice but to kill him first...is that what you meant by "bad?"

If you think those buffs are enough to win 4 on 5 on defense, I suppose you could try.

B2 would welcome those buffs with open arms. Leaving them with 5v4 and some sith buff blocked. I don't think it would work too
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options
    SubzeeeDon wrote: »

B2 would welcome those buffs with open arms. Leaving them with 5v4 and some sith buff blocked. I don't think it would work too

Boba says thank you leaving you at a 3v5.
  • Options
    Ok on defense mabe not that good offensively what do you think.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

On paper the g1 OB looks like a good idea, but his buffs don't last long enough to give you the edge.
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »

On paper the g1 OB looks like a good idea, but his buffs don't last long enough to give you the edge.

on paper g1 OB looks horrible because you need him to be g4 to unlock "If you strike me down" and you need him to be level 72 to max out the ability ;)
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Vertigo wrote: »

on paper g1 OB looks horrible because you need him to be g4 to unlock "If you strike me down" and you need him to be level 72 to max out the ability ;)

Haha, I missed that. So yeah a lvl 72 g4 OB ....yada yada yada... just doesn't seem to cut it.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

Haha, I missed that. So yeah a lvl 72 g4 OB ....yada yada yada... just doesn't seem to cut it.

any selfrespecting metachazer has him atleast g9 :p
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    He is the only Jedi I don't have unlocked.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    leef wrote: »

Toons I have missed out on:
    OB g4 5*
    GS g4 4*
    RG finally 7* g8
    Sth 7* g9
    Poe 7* g8

and others, but I was always "off meta" until wiggs gave me no real option.
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options

I used Dooku for all my dodge meta needs ;)
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    Options

Wow, I definitely can't lie and say I don't have a 7* G9 old Ben in my roster.
  • Options
    But going old Ben + 4 sith means that once he dies your sith are all open for free targeting since they would all be stealthed, I mean for it to go smoothly you would obv want your sith to be slower than your opp so that they are in stealth and Ben has to be target, so once he dies they can target anyone and boba would definitely eat one of them alive since you can't dodge execute. Not worth it
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options
    JohnTS676 wrote: »
    But going old Ben + 4 sith means that once he dies your sith are all open for free targeting since they would all be stealthed, I mean for it to go smoothly you would obv want your sith to be slower than your opp so that they are in stealth and Ben has to be target, so once he dies they can target anyone and boba would definitely eat one of them alive since you can't dodge execute. Not worth it

Nah, just superspeed your sith and if they use an AOE old ben will drop as long as hes like gear 4.
  • NicolBolas
    334 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Are you forgetting that B2 and Baze exist?

There is also Sun Fac and Nihilus who dispel on basic.

Yoda who steals buffs and shares.

Suicide idea...
  • Options
    You don't have to attack the non sith, nobody beats a zaul team out of the gate so you almost always have a few targets.
  • Options
    The top two teams on my February 2016 shard are an insurmountable brick wall (zM, EP, GK, SA, DN.) Had a couple battles left to burn yesterday so as an experimental goof more than anything else I subbed in Old Ben (left him at lvl 81, g10 modded for Speed, so my comp was zM, SA, Shore, EP, OB.)

and wouldn't you know it, between lucky RNG and stealth the AI took out OB after DN dispelled Shore. Not sure if you could call it an easy win but suddenly the brick wall didn't seem like Andy Dufresne whittling away at the prison wall for 12 years.
  • Options
    Thanks for the comment. At least it's mabe worth having for fun when stuck in neutral. Might bump you ahead.
  • Options
    ProximaB1_ wrote: »
    Thanks for the comment. At least it's mabe worth having for fun when stuck in neutral. Might bump you ahead.

Yes of course. My guess is that if I tried this 9 more times it probably won't work. Will give it another try at payout and report back if it once again bears fruit.
  • Naw
    969 posts Member
    Options
    When tournaments were still going Wiggs + Lando were in power. I was placed in three tournaments to same shard with someone who ran those with JKA and minimum level/gear OB1.

I accidentally fought him once, killing Ben immediately with my own Wiggs+Lando and got then wiped out. Tried second time to see if I had better success, didn't.

I believe Maul+OB1 will work against specific teams but as written already there are nowadays too many counters.
  • Options
    Someone in my shard runs a gear level 9 Old Ben on a zMaul team. Ranks top 20-30ish. One of the few zMaul teams my Empire team beats. But fun idea.
  • Tiggus
    766 posts Member
    Options
    I faced this once in Arena, but it wasn't much more difficult to beat than usual (with my Empire team). His team is quite fast, so by the time I get to play, half of my team is stunned, but half of his is out of stealth too, so I didn't attack Old Ben until almost last. The amount of buffs he gives when dying is impressive but not that useful, and good fodder for Boba's execute.
    ☮ Consular ☮ - https://swgoh.gg/u/tiggus/
  • Options
    You don't have to attack the non sith, nobody beats a zaul team out of the gate so you almost always have a few targets.

You do if their sith are slower than you and are all in stealth when it comes to your turn (unless your fastest toon is b2 somehow lol)