Poe & Tenacity Question

Ok so since everyone has gotten onto this Poe wagon ive obviously had to fight many Poe's in the past few weeks. My biggest peeve with him is his audacious tenacity. I must have attacked with Sidious' main attack against different Poe's hundreds of times and not once have I ever gotten a heal immunity to stick. This is all I see every time.

l3sf0Ro.png

with this

UiQuNH9.png

After looking at Poe in the DB it looks like he has at gear lvl 7-9, 47% ,59%, and 71% tenacity. not counting his Stand Firm ability giving him 30% tenacity at max lvl. So he can potentially have 101% tenacity. My question is how does tenacity actually work? is it basically saying that at 100% or over he has zero chance of getting afflicted by debuffs or am I just incredibly unlucky over hundreds of tries.

Replies

• Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    A dev recently said in reddit that there is an absolut minimum of 15% resistsnce even with Tenacity 0% and Potence 100%+. My educated guess is that there is some short of cap in the other side. Maybe 85% max
  • Triqui wrote: »
    A dev recently said in reddit that there is an absolut minimum of 15% resistsnce even with Tenacity 0% and Potence 100%+. My educated guess is that there is some short of cap in the other side. Maybe 85% max

On that note.. also for some reason sidious has 0 potency. kinda feels like dodge.. he has 0 but he dodges constantly.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    PiffGuru wrote: »
    Triqui wrote: »

On that note.. also for some reason sidious has 0 potency. kinda feels like dodge.. he has 0 but he dodges constantly.

He dodges Jedi constante, has +35% vs Jedi.
    Sid lack of potency is clear once you start to play above 65 level or so. Lot of resists to his skill
  • Sid at 68 feels like chewie at 48. Past his prime effectiveness but clinging due to inertia.
  • Triqui wrote: »
    PiffGuru wrote: »
    Triqui wrote: »

He dodges Jedi constante, has +35% vs Jedi.
    Sid lack of potency is clear once you start to play above 65 level or so. Lot of resists to his skill

No i mean that he dodges everything not just Jedi, at least that's what Ive experienced. I play sid above lvl 65 and that's why I'm making this observation. I personally don't have any other toon that I have a hard time getting his heal immunity onto, and with poe its not just occasionally, its never.

Its understandable why Sid could be one of the first people you would swap out after getting a full squad and starting to expand. But this isnt really about Sid, its about poe and hitting him with debuffs. I dont use kylo as much as sid but I have tried a number of times with him and still get resisted.
  • The tenacity is annoying but the expose/TM reduction are the killers. I'm ok with his nerf but I was hoping for like a minus 5 speed at max gear.

Maybe reducing his tenacity will help with dispels on his taunt. My QGJ is fairly reliable there already but I know that if I fail to remove the taunt and have 3+ expose on me that it's over in arena. We will see how it plays out I guess.
  • This nerf is only a smal thorn in powers of All Mighty Poe!!
  • PiffGuru
    773 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    yea I just spent like 30 minutes reading the patch notes.. soo I guess this threads been answered lol.. the tenacity was too high and it was brought down to a more reasonable level

Although I agree it is a little lackluster for a poe nerf.. I feel he will still matter alot.
  • Maybe it's because Sidious has 0% Potency?
  • CaptSeaWalker
    201 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    I feel the same way, with poes tenacity down landing a heal block on Poe makes him not self heal or be healed (obviously) I think he will be very strong still but they did a decent job bringing him down.

Also, if this game works the same as others I have played,
    Potency and tenacity battle each other.
    So 50% potency vs65% tenacity = 15% tenacity to block an incoming debuff.

Not 100% on that though sorry