Would also like arena advice

I'm f2p and feel like I'm being left in the dust. My player level is 73 but my heroes are level 68 at best, 5-6 stars G7 and training droids are a very finite resource. I'm hovering around rank 600-900 and my opponents' heroes are level 70-75, 6-7 stars G8-9.
I'm currently using Phasma (L), Lumi, QGJ (G8), Leia, and either Ackbar or Geo depending on who I'm facing.

Heroes of note that I own:
Biggs lv60, 6** G6
Wedge lv60, 5** G5
Boba lv63, 4** G7
Lando lv57, 5** G7
Nihilus lv63, 3** G7
Vader lv57, 4** G6
Kylo lv50, 5** G6
Palps lv55, 5** B4

The rest are here:
swgoh.gg/u/midaswelby/collection/

I've stopped collecting activity awards in the hope of halting my player advancement (still collecting dust and fleet arena awards) until I can catch up :(

Any direction would be appreciated. :)

Replies

• Step one: Firmly grasp your phone/tablet.
    Step two: Spike it on concrete like Gronkowski after a three day bender.
    Step three: Walk away, forget about this game, and never look back.
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Do NOT halt your player advancement, the higher you are, the more features you can unlock. Such as higher level training droids for example which you desperately need.

Stop leveling so many different characters, such a waste of credits and droids. Fully concentrate on your Arena squad and keep it max at all times.
  • On a serious note, i wish i would have realized this a long time but focus on maxxing out characters. Dont spread your resources thin between 20 something characters. Work on a couple at a time. Once they are maxxed pick a couple more.
  • Thanks for the responses - both very good points, though I have to say that continuing player advancement for the increased rewards is a catch 22; I'm getting into map nodes that I can't beat, facing stronger opponents in squad arena at the same rank, and having trouble completing GW...

That makes farming difficult; I think the 2 training droid challenges a week plus the droid smuggling event (however often) should net me enough training droids to get it done if I take your focus on fewer heroes advice.

Thanks again.
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Wait, I think you got something wrong. The game doesn't match you up with PVP opponents according to your rank. You are in your own leaderboard and the 20,000 players in this leaderboard will be forever facing each other only. Making yourself weaker is just going to start a vicious cycle of losing ranks and rewards and progress.
  • mlb1399
    674 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Focus on your rebels until level 80. This will allow you to finish higher and unlock EP during the next event.

Spend 70-80% of your resources building up that team and then develop a second phase group. I would focus on Kylo and DN. Kylo has one of the best zetas in the game. DN, even at 3* is a force.

Phasma has some good use in GW and raids, Lumi not so much. I wouldn't invest much more time or resources in them right now. Same with geo.
  • You're stalled due to resources. Consider working on scoundrels for Credit Heist.
    - R.I.P. Carrie Fisher -
  • Huatimus wrote: »
    Wait, I think you got something wrong. The game doesn't match you up with PVP opponents according to your rank. You are in your own leaderboard and the 20,000 players in this leaderboard will be forever facing each other only. Making yourself weaker is just going to start a vicious cycle of losing ranks and rewards and progress.

I do understand that, but what about GW?
  • Your team isn't tanky enough for a healer. Drop lumi put in rey or a high damage dealer. You could also do a sith or rebel team but I get sick of those their just carbon copy's of what everyone else is doing ugh
  • BalthazarBacht
    19 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    MidasWelby wrote: »

I do understand that, but what about GW?

Galactic Wars matches you up against teams that have a percentage difference in power related to your top 5 most powerful characters. As they grow your GW gets harder. The 3rd, 6th, 9th, 11th and 12th are weighted to get harder up to 120% of your top 5's power level. Your top 5 have no synergy so when going up against a team at even equal to your own level WITH synergy (which isn't accounted for in power levels) you will simply lose.

Focus on getting as much of everything as you can possibly afford (salvage, credits, droids) and be judicious in building a single 5 man team that will be your arena team as well. Keep those characters maxed or max them out as soon as possible as that is the only thing that will boost you ranks at this level. That is the best place to gain an advantage over your shard mates. Careful resource management and a solid plan will take you much farther than you'd think.
  • Funny...I just maxed Lumi, lol.

Based on current toons in my possession, I'm thinking of building up (for now):
    Lando (L), Boba, Ackbar, Leia, STH
    (could maybe swap in Wiggs for the last 2, or maybe another scoundrel (IG88)?...I'm thinking more stepping stone here than final destination - to use what I have and develop better synergy...per your appreciated advice.)

Thoughts?
  • Syrath
    129 posts Member
    I'd focus on Wedge, Biggs and build around them. Get STH geared up and build his speed up so it's faster then your opponent check your opponents speed before the arena match. Use Lando as lead if you need speed. Wedge is a decent lead as well he's my preferred barrow a toon. Anyway get Han to go first Taunt to up your teams turn meter you. Use Wiggs to eliminate one of the opponents to set you up for the win. Add Lando or Boba Fett - ability block is money -and another that you like.

At your rank you should move up through arena pretty well. Use the Crystal refresh to help you move up when your rolling. I use arena after payout if I have any battles left before reset to test my team comp against others since your lose them.

In addition focus on mods I've heard people recommend do a 3 or 4 day mod focus then back to Cantina farming and rotate.

A good idea is to use the borrow a toon to check out different synergies and see who you should max and target.

Manage your energy daily 1 Cantina and 2 Light/Dark. Focus on a toon in the shops and buy the 5 shards every reset.

Check out YouTube by Warrior from Team Instinct, Mobile Gamer Ahnoldt101 and look up toons you have and watch the videos. See how they mod them and build synergy. Also check the comments there's good questions asked and answered in them.

Full disclosure I've only been playing a few weeks but I've done a lot of research trying to advance. I'm only level 56 and around top 50 in arena. I've heard joining a good guild is very helpful I'm still looking for one.