How to Counter Rey, please help

Hey guys,

I am rank 5 FTP on my server with 25.5k power. I am having serious trouble vs Rey/Poe teams. I am running

7*ig-88 lead
7*lumi
7*ig-86
7*Asajj Ventress
6* Poe

I am trying to move up to top 2 but I can't beat the Rey/Poe combo.

Enemy Poe taunts before mine and Rey gets to attack first. She one shots 2 of my players before I can effectively counter and by then it's GG.

Last game she hit me for 10k, 9k and then 6k her first 3 turns

How are you countering Rey? I have thought about high health chars but toons above 10k health do much less damage and I wouldn't be able to dos their team down in time.

I welcome any and all constructive criticism.

Replies

• Cecton
    234 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    I'm rank 57 atm and just beat a Rey/Poe team mainly due to Qui Gon. The key is to survive the first round, heal with Lumi and then remove Poes taunt with Qui Gon and then take out Rey. I've found that targeting Sid first is counter productive. Obviously if you are facing 7* Rey's then you are probably SoL.

I'm running:
    Phasma leader 5*
    Lumi 7*
    Qui Gon 4* needs one gear for gear 8
    Kylo 6*
    Sid 6*
  • Rogan_Ban84
    1415 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    I see your problem and that is your team is too slow, I don't have issue with rey/poe teams but I have a faster team. Get rid of your slow characters and focus on fast characters that manipulate turn meter, and don't forget to atleast debuff Rey, if you can't kill first turn.
  • AOE is supposed to be a good way to kill glass cannons in Poe teams.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • AOE is supposed to be a good way to kill glass cannons in Poe teams.

I do have Ig-88 and AV who both have good aoe but it's not enough especially if she gets foresight... I have you as an ally btw :)
  • I see your problem and that is your team is too slow, I don't have issue with rey/poe teams but I have a faster team. Get rid of your slow characters and focus on fast characters that manipulate turn meter, and don't forget to atleast debuff Rey, if you can't kill first turn.

Word. I agree. Asajj is really slow and I'm thinking about replacing her with Geo or RP I have both of them at 6 stars now. Any thoughts?

• RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Rey is a beast but the problem is not her, it is Poe. the simplest solution is to remove the 25% turn meter reduction from Poe's taunt. Then it would be even playing field.. You can remove the taunt with QGJ and destroy Rey. but yes, definitely debuff her as it takes away some of her damage potential.
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • I have ig-86 at 6* gear lvl 6 and he doesnt hit for the 5k+ on arena like i have seen, he does around 3k i think. Does he improve greatly when he gets to gear lvl 7 and 8, and if he can get there 9?
  • Rogan_Ban84
    1415 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    I agree, removing asajj would be the first step. Gs is great, so is kylo with phasma. Kylo is a great toon at lvl 8 gear 7 star, really strong toon.
    Here, this is my team. I rank 1 most nights with it.

Phasma lead, fotp, kylo, qgj, poe. All easily farmable.

Edit, fotp isn't easily farmable and is a bit of a project but worth it.
  • Willkimm98 wrote: »
    I have ig-86 at 6* gear lvl 6 and he doesnt hit for the 5k+ on arena like i have seen, he does around 3k i think. Does he improve greatly when he gets to gear lvl 7 and 8, and if he can get there 9?

He hits super hard. He hits 9k on his basic sometimes if everyone is debuffed. He hits crits for 5-6k+ on his aoe under the same circumstances.
  • @Crokadorfn
    Hey, your 88 is awesome btw.
  • Crokadorfn wrote: »
    Willkimm98 wrote: »
    I have ig-86 at 6* gear lvl 6 and he doesnt hit for the 5k+ on arena like i have seen, he does around 3k i think. Does he improve greatly when he gets to gear lvl 7 and 8, and if he can get there 9?

He hits super hard. He hits 9k on his basic sometimes if everyone is debuffed. He hits crits for 5-6k+ on his aoe under the same circumstances.
    @Crokadorfn

When did 86 get an aoe?
  • Sid is the answe, debuff Rey lowers her hit power. Sid can go in first turn with aoe. If Rey does go first and procs foresight sid's aoe will at least remove the foresight and not be a complete waste. Then she can be finished off easily with dps

The Poe rng is the Poe rng.
    Crokadorfn wrote: »

@Crokadorfn

When did 86 get an aoe?

Never. I'm talking to Crokadorfn about his ally hero.

1k8gmB7h.jpg

@Crokadorfn

When did 86 get an aoe?

1k8gmB7h.jpg

Oh lol, can i have his ally code? I want to try that 88

@Crokadorfn

When did 86 get an aoe?

1k8gmB7h.jpg

Oh lol, can i have his ally code? I want to try that 88

I don't know it and I wouldn't give someone else's ally code away without their permission.

Ask him.
  • My ally code is 283-948-845 I only have a couple spaces open :)

@Crokadorfn

When did 86 get an aoe?

Sorry was talking about I-88. 86 hits for 4-5k basics consistany and 6-8k specials.
  • It's because droids and ventress are so slow. Get a faster team without relying on Poe?
  • I'd suggest swapping Ventress for Poggle, the offense+speed up could be your saving grace and he's quite tanky himself.

There is still RNG involved if the enemies Poe attacks first but considering your current team is overall pretty squishy not much to be done about that i'm afraid.

@Crokadorfn

When did 86 get an aoe?

Sorry was talking about I-88. 86 hits for 4-5k basics consistany and 6-8k specials.

Thanks for the code! I have 86 at 6* gear lvl 6 almost 7. He doesnt his very hard at all on his special, i have seen well over 5k plus assist and mine does like 2-3k maybe. Will those extra one or two gear lvl push him up to 5k crit+?
  • You beat Rey by making your Rey defeat her first
  • Tomek
    327 posts Member
    My thinks :

I have QGJ as the result of use my first chromium card in the game. I never had problem with tanks. I do not use tank from 30th level. This is a reason I will not collect POE from cantina. I farm here the QGJ after i collected for Daka. When I will finish QGJ I will continu collect Daka for more stars.
    My pleasure play in the game is to have luck and find the tank in opponent team . It can be POE does not matter. If it is and works correct - call taunt I am happy - my QGJ will OFFENCE UP my team !!!!
    I will be able to win easier.
    Ok Rey ... if team does not have tank - kill her at once, if it is , use his taunt for convert it to your offence up and kill her faster.

If you do not have luck and do not debuff taunt - sorry , the world is not ideal ... we have enough luck, AI does not kills QGJ as first as the default action.

@Crokadorfn

When did 86 get an aoe?

Thanks for the code! I have 86 at 6* gear lvl 6 almost 7. He doesnt his very hard at all on his special, i have seen well over 5k plus assist and mine does like 2-3k maybe. Will those extra one or two gear lvl push him up to 5k crit+?

I am criting 7-8k on his special atm

@Crokadorfn

When did 86 get an aoe?

What gear lvl is your 86? And star lvl?
  • Poe... He's the answer to EVERYTHING.

Join Poe and you can rule the arena galaxy together.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*

@Crokadorfn

When did 86 get an aoe?

What gear lvl is your 86? And star lvl?[/quote

Both are 7 stars and 1 piece away from gear 9 (maxed). Both sitting at 5200 power
  • It's best to kill her first before she destroys your team. That's my strategy