Well now they ruined it - Ezra Bridger found him [Spoiler]

Prev13
vessaharja
585 posts Member
edited March 2017
Ezra Bridger. The annoying teen brat and Wesley Crusher of Star Wars just found Ben Kenobi. And this is canon.
Post edited by BentWookiee on

Replies

• That episode would've been soooo much better without any of Phoenix squad being involved.
  • Gotta love Di$ney.
  • vessaharja
    585 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    I've watched Old Ben kill Maul for like four times now. That was dope! But the scene was short and Maul fell kinda easy.

Maul gives Ahsoka a hard time -> Ahsoka takes half of Vodar's face off -> Vodar strikes OB down like a rag doll.

I've never really understood the logic behind these lighsaber duels. All I can think is Vodar is ****, Snips is quite good and Old Ben is actually awesome. Maul is somewhere in the middle.
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    VpuZFF4.gif
  • Episode is around 24h hours old. True fan watches is right away and is never late from top news; now old news.
  • At least take it out of the title.
  • Mrjenkins
    383 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Cept Kenobi got kod by dooka Everytime..
  • ^ true and then dooker fell so easy to Anakin who almost got beaten by HONDO and had his face cut in half by Ahsoka.

The duels in SW canon are like RNG in this game.
  • Can't believe they cancelled Clone Wars to start Rebels :neutral: smhh
    https://swgoh.gg/u/wolffe/

I 7* FOTP without using any energy refreshes, get on my level
  • vessaharja wrote: »
    Episode is around 24h hours old. True fan watches is right away and is never late from top news; now old news.

Are you that harsh really? I managed to watch it before I saw this comment but most days I wouldn't have watched the episode in that time. I have 2 kids and have a really busy life particularly the weekend. To suggest that a true fan watches it in 24 hours is disgusting.

What about someone who works weekends and just needed to crash for a night and decided to watch it next day?

Do you have kids? If you do then they are either not at an age where you are involved or you should be more involved with your kids.

Seriously what is it about the internet keyboard warriors? You'd never talk like that to someone's face. Grow up
  • SubzeeeDon wrote: »
    That episode would've been soooo much better without any of Phoenix squad being involved.
    Totally agree
    I've watched Old Ben kill Maul for like four times now. That was dope! But the scene was short and Maul fell kinda easy.

Theres certain symbolism to that fight and the way its set up. Wasnt impressed with how short it was at first but it certainly grew on me
  • The0n3
    984 posts Member
    [/quote]
    Seriously what is it about the internet keyboard warriors? You'd never talk like that to someone's face. Grow up[/quote]

Lol, true dat...
  • Well I had no idea bout these rebels battles so I guess I'd watch just to c them. And about the lightsaber battles is there a definitive answer to the sids throwing the mace duel. I still say some saying he lost
  • Rebels made maul look like a huge loser. Can't even beat Erza and gets killed by obi in 2 seconds. Smh Disney.
  • hilikus
    109 posts Member
    That was no Zaul, thats for sure.
    Or the writers didn't get the memo of the new meta here.
  • vessaharja
    585 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    ^ there was just a thread here about canon SW games and poor CG didn't get chosen on the "canon SW games" list so the zeta **** is officially not canon. But yeah that was definitely old maul. Seems that the OB had to be given the chance to take out a sith as easy as he was later taken out by one. Balance in the force and all that.
  • Ig88isboss wrote: »
    Rebels made maul look like a huge loser. Can't even beat Erza and gets killed by obi in 2 seconds. Smh Disney.

If you had actually watched the movies, you would've known why the fight was so short.
    There is a reason why Kenobi is a master duelist and one of the best tacticians of the Republic. Do you think that change in the stance was something random? He purposely took the opening stance for form IV(Qui-Gon's), it was the same thing when Maul killed Qui Gon, 2 strikes, then a hit to the head and then stab. Obi-Wan knew what were Maul's moves that's why he tricked him into attacking this way. So no, he didn't go out like a ****. This was one of the best deaths in Star Wars.

Also to the guy a few posts above "Maul gives Ahsoka a hard time -> Ahsoka takes half of Vodar's face off -> Vodar strikes OB down like a rag doll." I don't know if you even watch any of the movies/videos? Vader didn't strike Obi-Wan down. Obi-Wan let himself get killed. Ahsoka got Vader by surprise. When did Maul give Ahsoka hard time? They barely exchanged blows. Obi-Wan has fought Maul many times, he knows him extremely well and on top of that Obi-Wan is much better duelist than Ahsoka. No logic is missing in Star Wars, it's just that you don't pay attention.
  • Also need to remember that Sid had a really hard time beating Opress and Maul... and then this... Just disappointed.
  • Ig88isboss wrote: »
    Rebels made maul look like a huge loser. Can't even beat Erza and gets killed by obi in 2 seconds. Smh Disney.

If you had actually watched the movies, you would've known why the fight was so short.
    There is a reason why Kenobi is a master duelist and one of the best tacticians of the Republic. Do you think that change in the stance was something random? He purposely took the opening stance for form IV(Qui-Gon's), it was the same thing when Maul killed Qui Gon, 2 strikes, then a hit to the head and then stab. Obi-Wan knew what were Maul's moves that's why he tricked him into attacking this way. So no, he didn't go out like a ****. This was one of the best deaths in Star Wars.

Also to the guy a few posts above "Maul gives Ahsoka a hard time -> Ahsoka takes half of Vodar's face off -> Vodar strikes OB down like a rag doll." I don't know if you even watch any of the movies/videos? Vader didn't strike Obi-Wan down. Obi-Wan let himself get killed. Ahsoka got Vader by surprise. When did Maul give Ahsoka hard time? They barely exchanged blows. Obi-Wan has fought Maul many times, he knows him extremely well and on top of that Obi-Wan is much better duelist than Ahsoka. No logic is missing in Star Wars, it's just that you don't pay attention.

Oh you got me. I've never seen a 'star wars' movie. :neutral::astonished:

And he did go out like a ****.
  • vessaharja
    585 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    ^^^ good analysis on the stance.

Kanan, perhaps the worst jedi duelist ever, became blind and beat Maul. Snips had a hard time and let the blind man do her bidding. Now of course Kanan somehow got some great abilities thru the force immediately after losing his sight or some other poop like that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAV_Wj9JKQ4

In any case the episode was extremely enjoyable despite the Ezra Bridger factor.
    Post edited by vessaharja on
    Also need to remember that Sid had a really hard time beating Opress and Maul... and then this... Just disappointed.

Sid had a hard time?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7hBZNsPnyg

He was lauging for the enitre match, this was a cake walk for the dark lord. Once he used demoralizing blows at 2:06 (in the video) you could tell this fight was not going to end well for Maul and Savage.
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Yea them making the episode about Ezra was a really dumb move, it should've been a Maul episode.

That being said I really did enjoy it after Old Ben showed up and that conversation he had with Ezra was great and even went meta. "You're in the wrong place Ezra... You shouldn't be here."
  • Mrjenkins
    383 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Hard time? Wow. But I'll give Kenobi this, he didn't make mistakes..Without back up at least
  • Yogi
    907 posts Member
    I liked the episode very much.
  • I don't watch the show but I feel like there should have been a 'spoiler alert' somewhere on this thread.
  • Tuskens are the counter to phoenix
  • Gamorrean wrote: »
    Tuskens are the counter to phoenix

+1 :D
  • Supercat
    3250 posts Member
    Can't believe they cancelled Clone Wars to start Rebels :neutral: smhh

ikr? dumbest thing ever.

Don't be a ****(4), and follow forum guidelines.
    Ezra Bridger. The annoying teen brat and Wesley Crusher of Star Wars just found Ben Kenobi. And this is canon. Goddammit Disney.

Get over it!