Well now they ruined it - Ezra Bridger found him [Spoiler]

Replies

• Yogi
    907 posts Member
    JPBrunel wrote: »
    vessaharja wrote: »
    Ezra Bridger. The annoying teen brat and Wesley Crusher of Star Wars just found Ben Kenobi. And this is canon. Goddammit Disney.

Get over it!

^^ this

• So is maul dead now?
  • Any
    428 posts Member
    Ig88isboss wrote: »
    Rebels made maul look like a huge loser. Can't even beat Erza and gets killed by obi in 2 seconds. Smh Disney.

If you had actually watched the movies, you would've known why the fight was so short.
    There is a reason why Kenobi is a master duelist and one of the best tacticians of the Republic. Do you think that change in the stance was something random? He purposely took the opening stance for form IV(Qui-Gon's), it was the same thing when Maul killed Qui Gon, 2 strikes, then a hit to the head and then stab. Obi-Wan knew what were Maul's moves that's why he tricked him into attacking this way. So no, he didn't go out like a ****. This was one of the best deaths in Star Wars.

Also to the guy a few posts above "Maul gives Ahsoka a hard time -> Ahsoka takes half of Vodar's face off -> Vodar strikes OB down like a rag doll." I don't know if you even watch any of the movies/videos? Vader didn't strike Obi-Wan down. Obi-Wan let himself get killed. Ahsoka got Vader by surprise. When did Maul give Ahsoka hard time? They barely exchanged blows. Obi-Wan has fought Maul many times, he knows him extremely well and on top of that Obi-Wan is much better duelist than Ahsoka. No logic is missing in Star Wars, it's just that you don't pay attention.

May be only one man in universe who like that scene.

..Rarely found people like the scene.

It the worst death scene ever for all movie IMO
  • Gaidal_Cain
    1640 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Hi thought this had to do with the game not the show.

Thanks for the spoiler as I'm almost halfway through season 3

:|

Please add spoiler alert to the title.
  • Everyone hates the fight, and though annoying it is understandable... Maul thought he was going to die in the dessert and was basically near death, Obi Wan was now a Master and one of the strongest of that era... maul not surviving long makes sense so w/e im just glad that they ended mauls story
  • vessaharja wrote: »
    ^ true and then dooker fell so easy to Anakin who almost got beaten by HONDO and had his face cut in half by Ahsoka.

The duels in SW canon are like RNG in this game.

+10000000000
    THAT IS THE TRUEST THING EVER SAID
    Humans Are Such Easy Prey
    ^^^ good analysis on the stance.

Kanan, perhaps the worst jedi duelist ever, became blind and beat Maul. Snips had a hard time and let the blind man do her bidding. Now of course Kanan somehow got some great abilities thru the force immediately after losing his sight or some other poop like that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAV_Wj9JKQ4

In any case the episode was extremely enjoyable despite the Ezra Bridger factor.

Yup! One of the absolute worst things they've ever done on the show!!!
  • unit900000
    626 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oc4tn1PTCr8 he gives a good explanation
  • Two quick points

1. I think a spoiler on this would've been a good idea. Like posting about R1 on Friday night, because 'any real fan would've seen it Thursday at midnight'

2. I don't watch the show but I think the OP's point is that it sure seemed like in Episode IV that OB1 had no idea about any Jedi other than Yoda surviving the purge and had little to no relationship to the Rebels until he received Leia's request. I get the cartoons muddle about with movie lore a ton (I did see Clone Wars and there is as lot of meetings between OB1 and Anakin with Dooku and some meetings between OB1 and Grievous that aren't implied in Episode III, they treat the Dooku fight as if its the first time they have seen him since the end of EP II and Grievous sounds like he has never actually met or seen either OB1 or Anakin in EP III). Make up as many new characters as you want, but please try and keep the story straight. I love R1 as a movie, but as a Star Wars movie that is supposed to fit into the lore, its below average, the plot doesn't quite fit with the EP IV crawl, etc.
    "I find your lack of faith disturbing" - Darth Vader
  • Mrjenkins wrote: »
    Cept Kenobi got kod by dooka Everytime..

Because he had to worry about the unpredictable **** anakin both times
  • Liamtbqh wrote: »
    Everyone hates the fight, and though annoying it is understandable... Maul thought he was going to die in the dessert and was basically near death, Obi Wan was now a Master and one of the strongest of that era... maul not surviving long makes sense so w/e im just glad that they ended mauls story

Considering he got cut in HALF and fell down a shaft that was who knows how many metres long, surging purely on his singular RAGE for kenobi, you'd think a desert wouldn't beat him too much
  • Supercat
    3250 posts Member
    Mrjenkins wrote: »

obiwan fights badly when fighting for someone he loves
    Don't be a ****(4), and follow forum guidelines.
    Also need to remember that Sid had a really hard time beating Opress and Maul... and then this... Just disappointed.

Sid had a hard time?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7hBZNsPnyg

He was lauging for the enitre match, this was a cake walk for the dark lord. Once he used demoralizing blows at 2:06 (in the video) you could tell this fight was not going to end well for Maul and Savage.

Good God Clone Wars was so good!!!!
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • CaptainRex wrote: »
    Also need to remember that Sid had a really hard time beating Opress and Maul... and then this... Just disappointed.

Sid had a hard time?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7hBZNsPnyg

He was lauging for the enitre match, this was a cake walk for the dark lord. Once he used demoralizing blows at 2:06 (in the video) you could tell this fight was not going to end well for Maul and Savage.

Good God Clone Wars was so good!!!!

**** YEAH it is!!!

• Olddumper
    3000 posts Member
    Good Obi Wan killed maul. Everything is back in place.
    Ezra Bridger. The annoying teen brat and Wesley Crusher of Star Wars just found Ben Kenobi. And this is canon. Goddammit Disney.

I thought he was supposed to be Aladdin?

Episode is around 24h hours old. True fan watches is right away and is never late from top news; now old news.

Are you that harsh really? I managed to watch it before I saw this comment but most days I wouldn't have watched the episode in that time. I have 2 kids and have a really busy life particularly the weekend. To suggest that a true fan watches it in 24 hours is disgusting.

What about someone who works weekends and just needed to crash for a night and decided to watch it next day?

Do you have kids? If you do then they are either not at an age where you are involved or you should be more involved with your kids.

Seriously what is it about the internet keyboard warriors? You'd never talk like that to someone's face. Grow up

What he said.

• Melvil
    242 posts Member
    I love R1 as a movie, but as a Star Wars movie that is supposed to fit into the lore, its below average, the plot doesn't quite fit with the EP IV crawl, etc.

Sorry what? :D Seriously? The basic plot of Rogue One is literally straight out of the opening crawll of A new Hope... :D

Episode IV: A NEW HOPE

"It is a period of civil war. Rebel spaceships, striking from a hidden base, have won their first victory against the evil Galactic Empire.

During the battle, Rebel spies managed to steal secret plans to the Empire's ultimate weapon, the DEATH STAR
    , an armored space station with enough power to destroy an entire planet.

Pursued by the Empire's sinister agents, Princess Leia races home aboard her starship, custodian of the stolen plans that can save her people and restore freedom to the galaxy...."

And you guys realize that the same people who did The Clone Wars are doing Rebels, right? :D So they are not some new guys hired by Disney and given free reign - they are pretty much the ones tying up the whole universe. and if you watch Rebels Recon, specially for this episode, they explain pretty much why they did everything the way they did it.

I get that everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I have the feeling that most of the people just hate on Rebels on principle, because it's not the Clone Wars. And the argument that it's a kid's show is not valid - it's on Disney XD - of course it's going to feel more like a kids show, and still we've seen so many people die up close in this show unlike in The CW were most of the deaths were of nameless clones and droids. And that doesn't mean it doesn't have good things in it. Sure they've had bad episodes, but the majority have been good and some have been great. The CW was on Cartoon Network and the first 2 seasons were not that good either (and not to mention all the episodes with Jar Jar and definitely not talking about the movie) but it also had it's good and great moments.

I personally enjoyed the episode. The fight made sense to me - two old, tired warriors but one calm and collected and the other surviving only on his rage - the outcome was predetermined and it was bound to be short.

And in the end - be calm - it is very likely that Season 4 will be the last one of Rebels and most of them (bar Hera and Chopper for whom we know for sure) are probably not going to make it out, so it will be over soon and you guys will have to find something else Sabout Star Wars to hate on.
  • Melvil wrote: »
    I love R1 as a movie, but as a Star Wars movie that is supposed to fit into the lore, its below average, the plot doesn't quite fit with the EP IV crawl, etc.

Sorry what? :D Seriously? The basic plot of Rogue One is literally straight out of the opening crawll of A new Hope... :D

Episode IV: A NEW HOPE

"It is a period of civil war. Rebel spaceships, striking from a hidden base, have won their first victory against the evil Galactic Empire.

During the battle, Rebel spies managed to steal secret plans to the Empire's ultimate weapon, the DEATH STAR
    , an armored space station with enough power to destroy an entire planet.

Pursued by the Empire's sinister agents, Princess Leia races home aboard her starship, custodian of the stolen plans that can save her people and restore freedom to the galaxy...."

And you guys realize that the same people who did The Clone Wars are doing Rebels, right? :D So they are not some new guys hired by Disney and given free reign - they are pretty much the ones tying up the whole universe. and if you watch Rebels Recon, specially for this episode, they explain pretty much why they did everything the way they did it.

I get that everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I have the feeling that most of the people just hate on Rebels on principle, because it's not the Clone Wars. And the argument that it's a kid's show is not valid - it's on Disney XD - of course it's going to feel more like a kids show, and still we've seen so many people die up close in this show unlike in The CW were most of the deaths were of nameless clones and droids. And that doesn't mean it doesn't have good things in it. Sure they've had bad episodes, but the majority have been good and some have been great. The CW was on Cartoon Network and the first 2 seasons were not that good either (and not to mention all the episodes with Jar Jar and definitely not talking about the movie) but it also had it's good and great moments.

I personally enjoyed the episode. The fight made sense to me - two old, tired warriors but one calm and collected and the other surviving only on his rage - the outcome was predetermined and it was bound to be short.

And in the end - be calm - it is very likely that Season 4 will be the last one of Rebels and most of them (bar Hera and Chopper for whom we know for sure) are probably not going to make it out, so it will be over soon and you guys will have to find something else Sabout Star Wars to hate on.

Was legit just bout to mention your first paragraph lol

• Mrjenkins
    383 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Mrjenkins wrote: »

Well let's take obi words shall we." Youve become a far greater Jedi than I could ever be". Close enough. Come on obi's the underdog of star wars he wins when better Jedi or sith are overconfident. I haven't seen the last maul fight but after sids beat him silly no wonder he's prob ready to be put out of his misery
  • Since anyone who has had it spoiled by this post is either gone or just given up and doesn't mind being spoiled details. I was just happy that it was Kenobi that killed him. Just cause if Ezra or someone else killed him it would have conflicted with the movie canon and that's bit annoying. So yeah thanks for that at least I guess
  • Anyone that's upset about the length of the battle doesn't understand it's symbolism.
    It was like an old school samurai battle. Two rivals face to face in their final duel. The quickest blade wins.
  • Vinniarth
    1859 posts Member
    Olddumper wrote: »
    Good Obi Wan killed maul. Everything is back in place.

So true! XD
  • Vinniarth
    1859 posts Member
    MilMuertes wrote: »
    Anyone that's upset about the length of the battle doesn't understand it's symbolism.
    It was like an old school samurai battle. Two rivals face to face in their final duel. The quickest blade wins.

Like is SWGOH :'(
  • Mrjenkins
    383 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Sids killed two poor saps before they even got sabers out.. Funny stuff.. Hey i think they were Jedi counsler and guardian!
  • JPBrunel
    821 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    SubzeeeDon wrote: »
    That episode would've been soooo much better without any of Phoenix squad being involved.

http://m.imgur.com/gallery/91sn32Q
  • Liamtbqh wrote: »
    Everyone hates the fight, and though annoying it is understandable... Maul thought he was going to die in the dessert and was basically near death, Obi Wan was now a Master and one of the strongest of that era... maul not surviving long makes sense so w/e im just glad that they ended mauls story

Why is he now a master? Cause he meditates? Wouldn't they both be out of practice?
  • God poor maul.. Beat the .... Out of his master and lose twice.. O he had to because the first star wars..
  • Any wrote: »

May be only one man in universe who like that scene.

..Rarely found people like the scene.

It the worst death scene ever for all movie IMO

You're very mistake if you think I am the only one who likes this scene. The majority of the fanbase that LIKES the prequels and TCW love this scene. A lot of the OT fans also love. It's just that there are some people, like you for example, who don't actually understand why the fight played out like that, I won't insult you or start screaming at you, telling you to start liking it. Nope I just wrote a post about what exactly happened. If you still dislike it and expect Obi-Wan jumping around like he's a 20 years old, then there's nothing I can change about your opinion.
  • I enjoyed the fight for multiple reasons and thought it was great, short and sweet. Three moves, loved it.