Well now they ruined it - Ezra Bridger found him [Spoiler]

13Next

Replies

• Options
    Clearly old Ben learned something from his master's demise. He used it against Maul and killed him quickly. Awesome. Just Awesome. Watch Both scenes....,
  • Options
    Excellent episode. The fight was perfect.
  • Options
    You could clearly see Maul was extremly weakened from the desert. Besides Maul did the same attack move that caused the death of QGJ. As Kenobi witnessed this, he was smart enough to have a counter move. Thus the battle was over fast. I loved the episode and once again put Ezra in his place ;) Old Ben rocks!
  • Options
    It was a great episode. Bout time maul went down, awesome connection to episode one fight with quigon.
  • Options
    Any wrote: »

May be only one man in universe who like that scene.

..Rarely found people like the scene.

It the worst death scene ever for all movie IMO

You're very mistake if you think I am the only one who likes this scene. The majority of the fanbase that LIKES the prequels and TCW love this scene. A lot of the OT fans also love. It's just that there are some people, like you for example, who don't actually understand why the fight played out like that, I won't insult you or start screaming at you, telling you to start liking it. Nope I just wrote a post about what exactly happened. If you still dislike it and expect Obi-Wan jumping around like he's a 20 years old, then there's nothing I can change about your opinion.

giphy.gif
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • jjkriv
    429 posts Member
    Options
    He needs a buff where he can beat Maul in 2 moves,he needs a comeback with that awesome display.
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options
    I thought it was a great episode but it wasnt perfect. Even though it would distract from the main story, i wish this had been a multi-episode arc. The way it was aired seemed rushed (the episode, not the duel) and it was obvious how much was left on the cutting room floor.

For reference, i abhor the prequels and love (parts of) the Clone Wars
  • Options
    I don't know how to add a spoilers "click to reveal" button, but spoilers ahead...

That was the most lackluster duel ever. And it was perfect, At least in my opinion.

I think the addition of a skill, titled "Oh hell no" would be somewhat appropriate...
    ie. At start of battle designate one character to be under Old Ben's Personal Protection. Anytime that character would take damage, the attack/damage would be immediately redirected to Old Ben.
  • Dhoey321
    1629 posts Member
    Options
    As a Darth Maul fan, i was disappointed. I at least wanted a decent battle between the two.
  • Options
    DatBoi wrote: »
    I thought it was a great episode but it wasnt perfect. Even though it would distract from the main story, i wish this had been a multi-episode arc. The way it was aired seemed rushed (the episode, not the duel) and it was obvious how much was left on the cutting room floor.

For reference, i abhor the prequels and love (parts of) the Clone Wars

I feel the choreography of the fight was perfect, and I agree with the rest of your assessment. Distracting from the main story was never a problem in Clone Wars; I mean, it was a huge problem in that they did it all the time.
    Maybe they could have at least made this a two-part episode (I thought it was going to be from the build-up).
    Still, I think it was satisfying. I really didn't like Maul as a character at all (though his design was cool) except for how he was used in Rebels. The choice to have both a former Sith and a Jedi both fighting to bring balance to the force was insightful and probably one of the coolest stories they could have told in this time period.
  • Options
    I think it was all the allusions to their first duel that made it so perfect for me. From switching from Soresu opening stance to the Atauru opening stance was a beautiful homage. Maul switched to the same form that he used to defeat Qui-Gon Jinn, even using the same attack pattern. It almost seemed like Ben used a bit of Djem So to use the strength of Maul's attack in his counter, which was his Padawan's form, though technically Soresu does allow counters when an opening presents. The duel really elicited many thoughts about all that went on before.

As Ben and Maul would have been in their mid to 50s, they would easily have had the ability to have a intense duel, though the simplicity of it fit Ben's stance in the force, peaceful and balanced. Protracting the fight would have given Maul's passion too much power and significance, which would have negated or made impossible the "gentle" death.

That being said, I can certainly understand your point Dhoey. There was the initial disappointment it was so short, but then I watched it again and started thinking.
  • Options
    Korgan1999 wrote: »
    I think it was all the allusions to their first duel that made it so perfect for me. From switching from Soresu opening stance to the Atauru opening stance was a beautiful homage. Maul switched to the same form that he used to defeat Qui-Gon Jinn, even using the same attack pattern. It almost seemed like Ben used a bit of Djem So to use the strength of Maul's attack in his counter, which was his Padawan's form, though technically Soresu does allow counters when an opening presents. The duel really elicited many thoughts about all that went on before.

As Ben and Maul would have been in their mid to 50s, they would easily have had the ability to have a intense duel, though the simplicity of it fit Ben's stance in the force, peaceful and balanced. Protracting the fight would have given Maul's passion too much power and significance, which would have negated or made impossible the "gentle" death.

That being said, I can certainly understand your point Dhoey. There was the initial disappointment it was so short, but then I watched it again and started thinking.

Yes.

I was vocally nerding out over the stance change as it happened. Then the fight was over. I immediately wanted to watch it again.
  • jjkriv
    429 posts Member
    Options
    I guess this kills any notion of Maul being snoke,now I hope hes some form of Exar Kun.
  • Options
    Ig88isboss wrote: »
    Rebels made maul look like a huge loser. Can't even beat Erza and gets killed by obi in 2 seconds. Smh Disney.

Compared to Old Ben who beat Anakin in his prime Maul is a punk. Old Ben's Soresu was the strongest defence arguably of all time, in fact the only reason Vader got him was because he gave up and sacrificed himself. He would have beat Vader eventually had it just been the two of them
  • vessaharja
    585 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    jjkriv wrote: »
    Maul being snoke

Even theorizing this makes the person extremely, extremely poop in the head.

• Mrjenkins
    383 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Rebels made maul look like a huge loser. Can't even beat Erza and gets killed by obi in 2 seconds. Smh Disney.

Compared to Old Ben who beat Anakin in his prime Maul is a punk. Old Ben's Soresu was the strongest defence arguably of all time, in fact the only reason Vader got him was because he gave up and sacrificed himself. He would have beat Vader eventually had it just been the two of them

Ya he just decided to get KO'd by dooku twice,BTW neone else survive kos in lightsaber battle? Pretty sure theyd b killed. If good old Ben wasn't there in first star wars he'd never have survived dooku or even maul
  • Options
    poor maul...anyone felt bad for him? all old and sick? he...he will avenge us
  • Options
    Mrjenkins wrote: »

Ya he just decided to get KO'd by dooku twice,BTW neone else survive kos in lightsaber battle? Pretty sure theyd b killed. If good old Ben wasn't there in first star wars he'd never have survived dooku or even maul

Please re-read your comment and make the grammar and spelling correct enough to make sense of it.
  • Tman
    257 posts Member
    Options
    vessaharja wrote: »
    I've watched Old Ben kill Maul for like four times now. That was dope! But the scene was short and Maul fell kinda easy.

Maul gives Ahsoka a hard time -> Ahsoka takes half of Vodar's face off -> Vodar strikes OB down like a rag doll.

I've never really understood the logic behind these lighsaber duels. All I can think is Vodar is ****, Snips is quite good and Old Ben is actually awesome. Maul is somewhere in the middle.

Its called fighting techniques, my friend. Just like how Obi-Wan was able to defeat Anikan in ROTS, he took a defensive approach to counteract Anikan's aggressive style.
    I am more powerful than the Chancellor- Anikan Skywalker and Tman