Fleet Battles: Bistans Target Lock

Theophany
865 posts Member
edited January 2017
In certain instances I'll be using bistans target lock ability and somehow it gets "resisted" and/or "dodged" not sure if being dodged is WAI, but I know being resisted is not WAI. I will do my daily fleet battles today and let you know if the issue is isolated and not WAI against reinforcements like Biggs passive or not WAI across the board.

Here is the description of the ability.
"Can't be resisted"

hjrqbSG.jpg

Hoping both the Biggs bug and this possible bug can be fixed promptly since my fleet battle strategy is based off of these two things and is making my game experience horrible on the fleet side of the game.

@CG_Kozispoon
Some of the brightest ideas are the hardest to see

Replies

• Theophany
    865 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    @CG_Kozispoon
    It happened again like I thought it would, my ally code is 948-993-754 for reference.

It happened too quickly for me to get a screenshot but this is how it played out I killed a few enemy ships and it got to a point where they called in their clone sergeants arc -170 I used my bistans target lock ability on the ship and it resisted it.

This happened between 6:26pm and 6:27pm EST the battle was against "Edenstar"

Ical5Ve.jpg

JkaIgny.jpg

Post edited by Theophany on
  • Theophany
    865 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    And now I just won a battle with 2 seconds left and it came out as a draw I can't deal with these fleet battles anymore.
    6:48 pm EST
  • Theophany
    865 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Here's the kicker, fought the same person again that I had a supposed draw against and guess what happened!! what people were complaining about on a different thread about enemies getting to 0 HP and not dying.

ULAlMDm.jpg

I almost lost the battle due to time because of this issue.

@CG_Kozispoon
  • Theophany
    865 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    @CG_Kozispoon any issue with this or is it just me
  • scuba
    14047 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Theophany wrote: »
    Here's the kicker, fought the same person again that I had a supposed draw against and guess what happened!! what people were complaining about on a different thread about enemies getting to 0 HP and not dying.

ULAlMDm.jpg

I almost lost the battle due to time because of this issue.

@CG_Kozispoon

The opponents have damage immunity, green box with white triangle, given to them by endurance.

Once the buff is gone the next hit should kill her.
  • Theophany
    865 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Scuba I had hit ahsokas ship before the capital ship buffed the enemy ships, this is a picture of the turn after. Her ship should have been killed.

Please refer to this thread.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/83808/toons-not-dying-when-they-should#latest
  • scuba
    14047 posts Member
    Scuba I had hit ahsokas ship before the capital ship buffed the enemy ships, this is a picture of the turn after. Her ship should have been killed.

Please refer to this thread.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/83808/toons-not-dying-when-they-should#latest

Gotcha.
  • Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Hiya!
    Our team tested this issue with the parameters described (with normal & reinforcement ships) and the target lock was applied each time. When this ability is used the enemy ship cannot dodge as there is nothing to Dodge.
    Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
  • Thank you @CG_Kozispoon for looking into it, but it's happened on multiple occasions. I will record my fleet battles to give you guys a live action replay of the battle so maybe you can better pinpoint the issue.

Not trying to be a nuisance just trying to help you guys out by finding and fixing stuff like this!
  • Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Ah ha! UPDATE
    Our team was testing an entirely different issue and managed to reproduce the attack dodge. We're flagging it as a bug for further review. Thanks!
    Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
  • Awesome! I knew it was there it seems to happen with reinforcements. I was in a fleet battle today and the enemy capital called in a reinforcement ship (Bistans u-wing) and used its ability to target lock my biggs, but my biggs seemed to dodge it. My Biggs is in my main fleet so maybe it has something to do with those parameters like the Biggs by taunting against reinforcements bug.

Thanks for the swift replies @CG_Kozispoon you guys are doing great job

• Theophany
    865 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    @CG_Kozispoon
    Just a heads up. It happened again today, but this time it was a ship on the starting fleet that managed to dodge so it may not have to do with the source code involved with reinforcements.

Update: it happened again the fleet battle after that. Biggs was taunting and then dodged and later in the same battle Jedi consular had his defence buff and dodged. It may have something to do with that? Not entirely sure
    Post edited by Theophany on
  • Theophany
    865 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    For you @scuba
    Ah ha! UPDATE
    Our team was testing an entirely different issue and managed to reproduce the attack dodge. We're flagging it as a bug for further review. Thanks!

• scuba
    14047 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    For you scuba
    Ah ha! UPDATE

Interesting. That would mean old Ben, Asajj and cassian are also broke since their non damage abilities can also be dodged.

Edit: daka and Dooku secondary stun can also be dodged even though they deal no damage.
  • Both daka and dooku deal special damage on those abilities.
  • Theophany
    865 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    dodge should only apply to any ability applying damage whether physical or special. Any ability that doesn't do damage should only be able to be resisted.

For any ability that does not do damage they need to only apply the potency vs tenacity roll for that. It's as if it's registering it as an attack and if the attack does not hit (dodge) then the debuff is not applied, but this is not the case it should skip that completely and only do the potency vs tenacity.

If that makes any sense

• scuba
    14047 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    dodge should only apply to any ability applying damage whether physical or special. Any ability that doesn't do damage should only be able to be resisted.

For any ability that does not do damage they need to only apply the potency vs tenacity roll for that. It's as if it's registering it as an attack and if the attack does not hit (dodge) then the debuff is not applied, but this is not the case it should skip that completely and only do the potency vs tenacity.

If that makes any sense

That is what I thought, and always expected, at first till I saw things like Asajj strike fear get dodged and old Ben mid tricks get dodged. Then dev made a comment.
    Hiya!
    This doesn't appear to be a bug! Count Dooku’s leader ability states that all allies gain increased evasion and Offense Up for 2 turns whenever they successfully evade. Asajj Ventress Strike Fear attack is dodge-able, so any enemy that successfully evades this attack will gain Offense Up. Hope this helps!

Strike fear does no damage.
  • If it's not how we're thinking it is than I don't know what to think anymore lol
  • scuba
    14047 posts Member
    If it's not how we're thinking it is than I don't know what to think anymore lol

Lol
  • I have tried target lock a few times from resistance pilot and Biggs only to have target lock affect one of my own ships or the enemy target NOT affected at all. I have screen shots of before and after. How do I post them for proof. I've sent a bug report in twice and not received any reply about what actions have to be taken or anything about acknowledgement of the issue.