Japan has new Mod Packs. Are we getting them?

And by we, I mean the rest of the world, USA, etc.

Replies

• Ig88isboss
    1752 posts Member
    Hopefully not. They look horrible.
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    They said mod packs are coming back in May with some changes.
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    Japan has had these for some time.
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    scuba wrote: »

Serious?

whyyy...
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Pics?
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    I think @sneeekypants can give some details on them.
  • Ig88isboss
    1752 posts Member
    Mullato wrote: »

Serious?

whyyy...

They are sold in sets (like crit dmg set) you get like 5 mods. They don't give very good mods anymore.
  • jm21
    72 posts Member
    Update, they just showed up in my shop. 999 Crystals for 5 though, so unless they are all very rare I would say isn't worth it to me
  • This is the fourth mod pack set they've had in Japan since tournaments ended, the second time they've had same set mods and each time they change it very slightly. My guess is they are using this market as a testing ground.

It's 999 for 7 mods from the same group (health, defense, potency, etc.). One is guaranteed a 5 dot, the other 6 are 3-5 dot.

There's an error in the Japanese. There is an error in the graphic. Both very obvious.

I posted a long time ago after tracking mod challenge drops and tournament mod pack drops, the latter being an above average value.

I didn't buy any of these but bought 7 of the previous iterations, all junk. 5 out of 7 in every pack were worthless green 3 dot mods.
  • scuba wrote: »

Yeah, and as most people can give testimony now, they always ****.
    Btw, the Japanese packs still displays mods with the "retribution" arrow on it:

2hedcfa.jpg
  • DieInFire wrote: »

Yeah, and as most people can give testimony now, they always ****.
    Btw, the Japanese packs still displays mods with the "retribution" arrow on it:

2hedcfa.jpg

This iteration is actually better than the previous 3 packs offered and that's saying a lot given this pack is crap.
  • Still I think they are worst than the tournament mod packs (the 599 ones).
    Only good thing is that you can choose the set bonus, but that is only useful when you don't have that mod challenge unlocked
  • DieInFire wrote: »
    Still I think they are worst than the tournament mod packs (the 599 ones).
    Only good thing is that you can choose the set bonus, but that is only useful when you don't have that mod challenge unlocked

I compared my tracking of 24 tournament mods packs to the guy who just bought 33 of these, the drop rates are similar other than I averaged 6.5 mods per pack vs the static 7 of these.

The problem is these are 66% more expensive for the same thing so they are far worse than tourney packs when looking at the crystals per mod cost.
  • Bomroll
    399 posts Member
    Another waste of crystals, purchased 10 packs for nothing worth using