Mod packs are back!

Red_Madness
367 posts Member
edited April 2017
Split between sets and at 999 crystals price each.

28gETAhh.jpg
PXmy9H2h.jpg
This is a signature.

Replies

• Olga
    1333 posts Member
    Not for me.
  • Tiggus
    766 posts Member
    One mod of each shape, plus one (total 7 pieces). All 3-5 dots, green or better.
    I bought one and got... 7 junk mods :(

It looks like it's a lesser version of the former ones (5 to 8 mods, any shape equally distributed, for 700 crystals). Or more precisely something more or less equal, for a 50% price increase.
    ☮ Consular ☮ - https://swgoh.gg/u/tiggus/
  • Olga
    1333 posts Member
    Ah, so rebalanced for maximum frustration and profit.
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    It just got re-eleased in the US also.
  • Mr_Sausage
    1869 posts Member
    I see that they've altered these packs. I thought the last packs were solid value for crystals. I'm leery of these packs as I see the price is up.
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    Tiggus wrote: »
    One mod of each shape, plus one (total 7 pieces). All 3-5 dots, green or better.
    I bought one and got... 7 junk mods :(

It looks like it's a lesser version of the former ones (5 to 8 mods, any shape equally distributed, for 700 crystals). Or more precisely something more or less equal, for a 50% price increase.

Did you get speed secondaries on any of them? If so, where they 10+? 20+?
  • 1nSomNiaC
    67 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Not a single rare mod.
    Post edited by Mageduckey on
  • Collii
    47 posts Member
    Bought them twice before and never got a single mod I wanted to use. There's better ways of spending crystals
  • Tiggus
    766 posts Member
    Winstar wrote: »

Did you get speed secondaries on any of them? If so, where they 10+? 20+?

Hahahahahaha.... hm, hm. My "guaranteed" mod was a square - gold - mk5 with secondaries in tenacity, potency, crit chance and prot%. It could have been worse, but not much so.
    The arrow was Offense, the triangle Protection, the cross and circle both Health, and yes now that you mention it, not a single speed secondary.

That's because I chose the "speed set - want to make a character reach lightspeed?" LOL.
    ☮ Consular ☮ - https://swgoh.gg/u/tiggus/
  • swgohfan29
    1147 posts Member
    Got a Speed Arrow 5 star with potency secondaries. Worth
  • swgohfan29
    1147 posts Member
    1nSomNiaC wrote: »
    Not a single rare mod.

Got 4 rare mods from 6 packs.
  • xReDeMpx
    1690 posts Member
    Not worth it especially compared to old ones.

Better to refresh cantina
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Mr_Sausage wrote: »
    I see that they've altered these packs. I thought the last packs were solid value for crystals. I'm leery of these packs as I see the price is up.

Pray they don't alter them any further....

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    swgohfan29 wrote: »

Awesome. So between your two posts, I can summarize : 6k crystals spent = 1 good speed primary.

Your definition of "worth" differs from mine...and probably most peoples'.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    swgohfan29 wrote: »

Awesome. So between your two posts, I can summarize : 6k crystals spent = 1 good speed primary.

Your definition of "worth" differs from mine...and probably most peoples'.
    I Loled
    Some of the brightest ideas are the hardest to see
  • Twin
    527 posts Member
    These are a pretty bad deal.

I bought 4 and only got one speed secondary and it was on a 4 dot... Which upgraded once.

I suppose if you really needed specific sets like Offense or Speed since you have to create full squads to complete the challenges sure... But 1k crystals? The other packs seemed to universally drop better mods.

Though it is possible when the old mod packs were out I could use non-speed secondaries? Now I am at a point where if it doesn't have speed it has to be uber for a very specific character. Even speed the whales that would buy these need 10+ minimum to be useful.

So at these prices and drop rates, its a better deal to buy direct from the store for crystals... and that is saying a lot right there.

Ultimately this is mostly their fault for the mod upgrade system and dependence on speed. If mods only upgraded a stat once or speed was limited these mods might actually have been useful.
  • SDubWarrior
    428 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Back and worth notta from what I've read
    Post edited by RJ__Brando on
  • Sith1
    314 posts Member
    Farm.
  • They used to be 599 crystals and drop 5dot with Speed secondary much more often. These packs are a total rip off! Slowly farm or refresh mod shop if you must.
  • Olga
    1333 posts Member
    Still don't even have them in my shop. Guess it doesn't matter, I won't buy them anyway.
  • KyloRey
    871 posts Member
    KeyMan64x wrote: »
    They used to be 599 crystals and drop 5dot with Speed secondary much more often. These packs are a total rip off! Slowly farm or refresh mod shop if you must.

Yeah, the early 599 crystal versions of the mod packs were definite value. Got a lot of very good mods with speed secondaries from those packs. I pulled 3 packs from the current version of mod pack and didn't get one useful mod. So I'll pass on getting any more.
  • McBee
    228 posts Member
    Total garbage. Waste
  • Afa
    70 posts Member
    Mod packs are back and incredibly NOT worth the buy. Have fun ripping youselves off getting hardly any good mods
  • I know it's always complete RNG, but for me I dropped about $40 on them $30 on crit damage set and $10 for a speed set. Neither of those mod challenge teams am I even close to unlocking. I was pretty lucky today got a speed primary 5 star damage mod and 4-7 speed secondary damage mods. So for bigger whales I can see not worth it but if your no where near farming jawas this is a good means to get those mod sets.
  • Added 400 crystals to the price and completely nerfed the outcome. WAI. Good job letting greed take over yet again.
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    Olga wrote: »
    Still don't even have them in my shop. Guess it doesn't matter, I won't buy them anyway.

It's in the "resources" tab in the store.
  • Riktoven
    144 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Mr_Sausage wrote: »

Pray they don't alter them any further....

What you did there, i saw it.