Variety in GW

I need to start off by saying that this is NOT another "GW is too difficult" thread. But with that being said, I think that there are some changes that should be made. Yesterday in GW, I encountered Wiggs teams on 6 nodes in a row. I absolutely hate Wiggs because of how overused they are, but I have no trouble fighting them; I can and did beat all 6 of those nodes. My complaint is that it was no fun. Doesn't it defeat the purpose of "Galactic War" if you fight the same team over and over, or is it that there is only one team in the entire galaxy to fight? The arena has become no fun for me because over 90% of the teams in my bracket are Wiggs, and I used to love GW because it gave me a chance to fight against different team comps. Again, I'm not really complaining about Wiggs, I don't want them nerfed or anything, I just want to fight against a variety of teams in galactic war. I don't think it would be that hard for EA to accomplish. Couldn't they modify the algorithm that chooses your GW opponent so that it takes into account the team composition of the previous few nodes and tries to give you something different? One problem is that the opponents in GW are real players, so if everyone is running the same team then that team is way more likely to show up. But what is the point of all GW opponents being real players? EA could make teams that mimic player teams and we wouldn't even know the difference; in fact it would be far better because then they could artificially inject some variety.

Replies

• spotremix
    1566 posts Member
    you make a good point. it is a point i would use with arena as well. i love this game and have no plans of quitting any time soon but the one thing that bothers me the most in this game is the meta and the use of it. it's not about whether i win or loose to it. it's about the fact that when i go into arena to pick my opposing team i'd like to have 3 different choices to choose from. it gets really old really fast fighting the same 5 toons all the time.
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    spotremix wrote: »
    you make a good point. it is a point i would use with arena as well. i love this game and have no plans of quitting any time soon but the one thing that bothers me the most in this game is the meta and the use of it. it's not about whether i win or loose to it. it's about the fact that when i go into arena to pick my opposing team i'd like to have 3 different choices to choose from. it gets really old really fast fighting the same 5 toons all the time.

I do agree. Although I have some variety in my top 20, but it's mostly Maul (Atleast 16/20) with 2 Rex leads, me and 1 other guy run Jedi.

Some people just wanna win, so they follow the easiest way/flavor of the month. So it's up to us to bring diversity. We just gotta kick thier ****.
  • Rumpelstilzchen
    1754 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Post edited by Rumpelstilzchen on
  • Well my gw is the same all day..
    Node 1-5 sid led jedi/chewie/jey ..
    Node 6. Wiggs led rebels
    Node 7-10 Random jedi/sid/rex/chewie
    Node 11. Clones/sith/jedi
    Node 12. Chaze/zader/zarriss/clones/rebels/ sith /empire .. But always 1 of those: baze/shore/sthan/rg/sf as taunters
    To me its fine.. Untill node 6 i use clones, cuz i love em.. After that i auto with zihilus, dooku,maul,ep, vader