Rebel squads are too OP and should be nerfed

Joost
233 posts Member
Just in case you didn't notice rebel squads with biggs and wedge are overpowered and always stand between other teams woth higher power in the arena, the difference between these teams and other teams is about 3,000 to 4,000 power. I started to accept this and avoided them for a long time. Just today i spotted a rebel team woth 29,000 power (wedge, biggs, jyn erso, blaze & Chirrut) and that seemed easy enough. I tried to beat them with my 43,000 team (Dooku, Yoda, Vader, Luminara & Phasma) and i lost! Even before it all started biggs killed dooku with his assist attack. I managed to defeat Jyn but couldn't kill any others because blaze had like 8 heal over times and taunt. This just doesn't make any sense to me why do you have a power score if it doesn't say anything about your actual power?

Replies

• Bazz
    48 posts Member
    That team has more synergy than you do. In my Dec 2015 shard, there are tons of zMaul, zVader teams with a total power of 45k and they wreck havok on anyone. The trick is synergy. Maul with a zeta gives speed, and stealth, and cant be CRIT if they are stealth etc that makes up for the power.

The team you speak of would be ripped to shreds in a min on my shard by Empire, or Sith teams. That said, if they take out Jyn, and out Rex lead then things might get a little difficult but if you throw in a 4* Darth Nihilus, things change again.

Power stats isn't everything, speed is!!
  • crzydroid
    7296 posts Moderator
    You tried to fight Chaze and Wiggs with a total non-synergy team? Of course you lost. Power means nothing in this game.
  • WompWompRat
    1833 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    I see what you are trying to do but synergy is crucial. You won't win by just throwing raw power against teams with wiggs/chaze.

Think of ways to frustrate them. For instance wiggs teams get smoked by stun/shock. Having EP changes the dynamic. If you add Nihilus to your mix and pair him with Dooku who feeds off his health drain leader quality, that will work more in your favor (Vader will benefit too and so will EP from DN's leader ability in this one example). It all comes down to qualities like synergy, gear and mods.
  • You lost me as soon as I read you ran lumi.
  • I agree that rebels are strong and at one point 45 of the top 50 ran with them. Zeta has changed everything imo and rebel squads have been a target of mine for a guaranteed win. I use the ever so squishy Jedi.
  • Even with syn you have only a little chance against them... Nihilus, Vader, Doku, Sidious and Maul... 3000 above the rebel squad... 0 chance... I lose alkost always