Why does everyone say that you only need Poe at 4*?

Can anyone provide some info on this? I need to farm him, because I don't want to get super raided after the patch for not having him.

Do you really only need him at 4*?
| John Salera is my favorite Sith Lord |

Replies

• Zetto
    178 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    4* minimum. His strength is speed and it's achieved with equipment, not *. Doesn't hurt to 7*, of course, he'll survive longer
  • Agree with above. 5+ is mainly for survivability and is a welcome perk. It will definitely help him survive a bit longer and maybe hit a bit harder etc. his benefit is in the speed of his taunt and the expose. So 4* gear 8(+1) is the minimum.
  • When my poe was 4* I know I bet some known 7* Poes in defence and attack. He really just needs his taunt, first if possible, let the dps do their thing and then take a hit or two, you should be either finished or close to it by time poe (might) go down.
  • Wazlinski wrote: »
    When my poe was 4* I know I bet some known 7* Poes in defence and attack. He really just needs his taunt, first if possible, let the dps do their thing and then take a hit or two, you should be either finished or close to it by time poe (might) go down.
    So his speed is only affected by gear and not shards.

How hard is it to gear him up?
    | John Salera is my favorite Sith Lord |
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Can anyone provide some info on this? I need to farm him, because I don't want to get super raided after the patch for not having him.

Do you really only need him at 4*?

The strongest he is, the better. But 90% of what he does can be done with 4*, as the key is steal turn meter at 143 speed. That can be done with 4*.
    With 7* he might survive a second hit, if some of them don't crit
  • Wazlinski wrote: »
    When my poe was 4* I know I bet some known 7* Poes in defence and attack. He really just needs his taunt, first if possible, let the dps do their thing and then take a hit or two, you should be either finished or close to it by time poe (might) go down.
    So his speed is only affected by gear and not shards.

How hard is it to gear him up?

I'm using a 3 star poe fully geared.Good enough to place high in arena.
  • Because the difference of 250-500 hp doesn't mean much when characters hit for 10k+.
    Star Wars: Galaxy of Supporting Cast Members
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Gear 8 4* Poe has 10600hp. At 5* he has 11600 hp. 6* he has 12500hp. With 7* he has 13500 hp.

At best, the difference between 4* Poe and 7* Poe is an additional hit. While that's important, and it pays off to max him if you can, those aditional shards could help you more if you unlock Daka or get stars to QGJ. Later, when you have time, you can finish Poe
  • Can't wait for update. I think this could be what shakes things up. This could be the thing that makes ppl really think about the meta your using. I know I'm thinking about swapping characters before the update drops. I actually think the current cookie cutter teams are going to be targets after the update.
  • Reddplague wrote: »
    Can't wait for update. I think this could be what shakes things up. This could be the thing that makes ppl really think about the meta your using. I know I'm thinking about swapping characters before the update drops. I actually think the current cookie cutter teams are going to be targets after the update.

Highly unlikely, but being able to see your opponents entire team will mean players with weaker line ups hidden behind a large leader will get slaughtered and slapped down the ladder. Basically it's a way to spot the F2P players who will now get slapped much, much more than ever before.

Poe will still be the go-to game changer. The changes are very minor and none of them really really effects the reason why Poe is so good in arena. Players will go for non-Poe teams.

There are no other changes that will have any major effect either, might see Mace and Ventress making a comback, but the changes to Savage are a bit naff.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Being able to see the teams at the very least will allow us to get a demographics of the toons used. As we currently only see the Leaders, and behind a Phasma or Sid or even Barris, you could have or not a Poe. It will be interesting too see how many of each char we see in, say, the 50 to 200 bracket, compared to the 1 to 50 bracket
  • I have no idea who says he just needs to be 4*. At 4* even top speed he can get wiped fairly easily by other top tier toons.

He should be 5* at least for HP alone. It also helps him resist block/stun and apply expose. Bringing him out at 4* is a waste of a character slot. 6* is the sweet spot that can occasionally let him live long enough to get a heal or at least extend to round 2.
  • Daezl
    177 posts Member
    I'm running a 4* Poe in a team with 7* Phasma, Sid, and Lumi along with a 5* Rey (roughly 23k power, no great synergy there) and yesterday I was able to briefly take #1 in Arena for the first time by beating several 27k+ teams including variously maxed out FOTP, Leia, GS, and QGJ. I finished under 10 and stayed under 25 overnight.
  • I know this is a bit off topic, but yesterday in arena I faced a Poe who went first and his taunt exposed ALL 5 of my goons. First time I had that happen. And yet I somehow won the match. So he's not perfect.
  • I know this is a bit off topic, but yesterday in arena I faced a Poe who went first and his taunt exposed ALL 5 of my goons. First time I had that happen. And yet I somehow won the match. So he's not perfect.

sounds like a weak team. A lot of people run Poe after hearing he is OP, but they run him with teams with lousy DPS. So now we have people thinking he isn't OP "and don't get the hype". Poe on a low level team is good for player controlled teams, but not too scary on defense.