zDooku?

Zeta Dooku a better option over Palpatine? Under zMaul lead. Feel like he'll do much more damage during the battle and has better survivability with his protection gain. I feel like Palp has kinda been the weak link on my team. His stun is pretty useless against the cleanse teams and the shock doesn't last long enough to be effective if it even sticks to begin with. Sure Dooku may face similar problems with his debuffs but at least he'll be doing more damage and gaining protection back. Also his ability block/stun on basic may be more useful then shock. Thoughts?

Replies

• Caedas
    215 posts Member
    How are you modding palp?
  • aus10
    189 posts Member
    I'd probably zeta Kylo before Dooku under a Zaul lead
  • vessaharja
    585 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    I'm facing this same Q but with Opress also as an option. Palps naturally speed and then happens to have a lot of pot. I agree that palps feels useless with his stun sticking 2/5 opposing toons under zaul lead. If lucky.
  • vessaharja wrote: »
    I'm facing this same Q but with Opress also as an option. Palps naturally speed and then happens to have a lot of pot.

Does he share? I'm jonesing.
  • DarthApok wrote: »
    Zeta Dooku a better option over Palpatine? Under zMaul lead. Feel like he'll do much more damage during the battle and has better survivability with his protection gain. I feel like Palp has kinda been the weak link on my team. His stun is pretty useless against the cleanse teams and the shock doesn't last long enough to be effective if it even sticks to begin with. Sure Dooku may face similar problems with his debuffs but at least he'll be doing more damage and gaining protection back. Also his ability block/stun on basic may be more useful then shock. Thoughts?

If you're running in to a roadblock vs. cleanse / Rex - yes EP is a liability. Just switch leaders and use DN leader - pull EP from your lineup as he still "crits" even under DN lead with his special damage to Jedi / Rebels. So he procs GK and the Rex leader skill...not good.

Put in Dooku under DN along with SO and SA - 5th could be various toons that are your strongest. A dooku under DN will be like having a zeta - he's amazing and will hard counter cleanse. If you can zeta SO all the better. DN (huge health pool) / Dooku (heal 5k+ per hit) / SA (stealth / foresight) / and SO (big health steal, TM gain, and large health pool) are all but impossible for the AI to kill with 3x cleanse squad. I use a zeta Kylo as my 5th in the above example.

zSO and zKylo also fit well under a zDM lead.
  • 4778099540741890.gif

Come and enter The Smoking Chamber. He's got you covered.
    His stun is pretty useless against the cleanse teams and the shock doesn't last long enough to be effective if it even sticks to begin with.
    False.
    Stun is useless only if they get the Tenacity Up first, same for shock. AE stun is far from useless, and a 3 round shock isn't long enough? Your point is solid, but your reasons do not support it.
  • I'm more worried about dooku, savage, vador, nilly or sa than I am about polpa. He's easy to take out and is not really a threat on a sith team. He's good but definitely not top tier anymore.
    His stun is pretty useless against the cleanse teams and the shock doesn't last long enough to be effective if it even sticks to begin with.
    False.
    Stun is useless only if they get the Tenacity Up first, same for shock. AE stun is far from useless, and a 3 round shock isn't long enough? Your point is solid, but your reasons do not support it.

It is if the leader is Rex and there's 3 cleansers. EP will push up the entire team with his AOE crits and there's a greater chance than not that he leaves one of the 3 unstunned, which procs the cleanse / ten up process.
  • Drazz127
    770 posts Member
    Palp is way better than dooku. Dooku isn't very good unless he's under a DN lead. Also Dooku has a 50% chance of stunning 2 different characters. EP has a 70% chance of stunning 5 different characters. If you're trying to have an easy go against teams with 3 cleanses, you'll probably need a different team. If you're adding anyone to the team it should be zKylo. He hits way harder than Dooku.
  • vessaharja
    585 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Why would anyone even want to try a zaul against a triple cleanser? Has to be one heck of a team.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Drazz127 wrote: »
    Palp is way better than dooku. Dooku isn't very good unless he's under a DN lead. Also Dooku has a 50% chance of stunning 2 different characters. EP has a 70% chance of stunning 5 different characters. If you're trying to have an easy go against teams with 3 cleanses, you'll probably need a different team. If you're adding anyone to the team it should be zKylo. He hits way harder than Dooku.

With his zeta for protection regen makes him pretty solid under a zaul lead, doesn't always need to be under nihilus