Doing 20% ​​or more in a few minutes in p1 HAAT (new team)

Prev13
There are two Toons that need to be in this formation: General Kenobi and MaulI

Two team tests, this one from print and another one with Boba, FOTP, Kenobi, Jawa and MaulGK and Maul need speed to take action before the first round of GrievousIt

is interesting to attack JKA between the turn of the maul and the grievous to grant offense up

Scavanger and FOTP do not need any speed.

There are three clicks on the phone and wait for the result

Sorry about my english

http://pho.to/AfS1a

Replies

• I'm skeptical of any team comp for a raid that includes said raid's exclusive character as anyone that would really like to put up numbers like that don't have GK anywhere near 7 stars.
  • Vertigo
    4496 posts Member
    I'm skeptical of any team comp for a raid that includes said raid's exclusive character as anyone that would really like to put up numbers like that don't have GK anywhere near 7 stars.

I wouldn't say skeptical is the right word there. It's just not a helpful team for those who are trying to prepare for HAAT, and anyone with GK at 7* probably has HAAT down, and doesn't need to worry about getting massive numbers, especially in P1 where the phase goes down very easily due to it's lower health total.

Personally I would still like an explanation behind this team. Maul for damage I'm guessing, JKA/Boba lead for more damage, GK for Retribution? Foresight? Cleanse? Taunt? Assists? Why is FOTP in there? What's his purpose? And why in the world is Jawa Scavenger in that team? (Although props to you for making him useful in more than just a p2 4-clone team)
  • KeKattia
    1118 posts Member
    Vertigo wrote: »
    I wouldn't say skeptical is the right word there. It's just not a helpful team for those who are trying to prepare for HAAT, and anyone with GK at 7* probably has HAAT down, and doesn't need to worry about getting massive numbers, especially in P1 where the phase goes down very easily due to it's lower health total.

Personally I would still like an explanation behind this team. Maul for damage I'm guessing, JKA/Boba lead for more damage, GK for Retribution? Foresight? Cleanse? Taunt? Assists? Why is FOTP in there? What's his purpose? And why in the world is Jawa Scavenger in that team? (Although props to you for making him useful in more than just a p2 4-clone team)

This team is not really there for the damage it's more just for entertainment ;) it's hilarious watching GG go over and over and getting countered by everyone.

I originally came up with the Maul/ GK combo in p1 using Boba lead Ani and Rex in addition, this dear fellow (a shard mate of mine) improved it and I have also been able to get 25% with that setup.

The main goal is simple: Maul dazes so the adds are completely taken care of and GK gives everyone retribution, FOTP does the double tap and Scav calls an assist so pretty much every time GG uses his AoE you get 7 hits on him and reset his cooldowns

In the very most cases you only get to go with the toons that are faster than GG at all and then he goes over and over until enrage
  • sL_Spinoza
    404 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Thanks for explain @KeKattia.
    :)
  • So this is basically the same principle as a standard Ima Gun Di lead Jedi team but with a bit more reliability on the counters.

I have to agree that this strategy is not at all helpful for anyone who's struggling with HAAT but on the other hand, it is always nice to see new and interesting team comps.
  • KeKattia
    1118 posts Member
    So this is basically the same principle as a standard Ima Gun Di lead Jedi team but with a bit more reliability on the counters.

I have to agree that this strategy is not at all helpful for anyone who's struggling with HAAT but on the other hand, it is always nice to see new and interesting team comps.

As I said before this team is mainly for giggles, once you have a 7* GK you should definitely try the Maul/GK combo, it's probably the most hilarious thing you get to see in the game
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    I'm skeptical of any team comp for a raid that includes said raid's exclusive character as anyone that would really like to put up numbers like that don't have GK anywhere near 7 stars.

I agree skeptical may not be the right word, but it would be really cool if some ability of special character given in a raid had a good use in the raid.
  • Vertigo
    4496 posts Member
    KeKattia wrote: »

This team is not really there for the damage it's more just for entertainment ;) it's hilarious watching GG go over and over and getting countered by everyone.

I originally came up with the Maul/ GK combo in p1 using Boba lead Ani and Rex in addition, this dear fellow (a shard mate of mine) improved it and I have also been able to get 25% with that setup.

The main goal is simple: Maul dazes so the adds are completely taken care of and GK gives everyone retribution, FOTP does the double tap and Scav calls an assist so pretty much every time GG uses his AoE you get 7 hits on him and reset his cooldowns

In the very most cases you only get to go with the toons that are faster than GG at all and then he goes over and over until enrage

Ah, thanks for that explanation. But yeah, lol that does sound like a pretty entertaining way to quickly beat some damage out of GG. So I guess that could work with any Jawa other than JE, but Scav is probably best for the Offense Down on his basic.
    If only there were some way to work IGD in there for his superb damage against GG and ability to also apply defense down, but you wouldn't get get all 7 hits in each time.
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    How fast do Maul and GK have to be? Also is Boba a better lead than Anakin? Boba could double tap to further guarantee the 7 hits
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • tRRRey wrote: »
    How fast do Maul and GK have to be? Also is Boba a better lead than Anakin? Boba could double tap to further guarantee the 7 hits

No, IMO, because the DOTs he can give GG are absolutely not desirable. Same principle as putting Zader in there.
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    tRRRey wrote: »

No, IMO, because the DOTs he can give GG are absolutely not desirable. Same principle as putting Zader in there.

I'm guessing you want the 7 hits to only be counter attacks and not damage from dots?
    Also how fast do GK and Maul have to be?
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Dayma
    260 posts Member
    It is funny to have people whinning here about "not helpfull for those looking to down HAAT". Well what's the point of saying that when a single ZYLO can solo all the P1 in HAAT ?
    Any guild only need 1 player to do it and it is taken care of.
    Well, as always, it's easier to criticize than to applause.

This set up is great OP, thanks for the hard work, I had it done with a similar line up for only 650K because I didnt try to mix a Jawa in for an additionnal assist. Great work, seems fun !
  • Acrofales
    1363 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Dayma wrote: »
    It is funny to have people whinning here about "not helpfull for those looking to down HAAT". Well what's the point of saying that when a single ZYLO can solo all the P1 in HAAT ?
    Any guild only need 1 player to do it and it is taken care of.
    Well, as always, it's easier to criticize than to applause.

This set up is great OP, thanks for the hard work, I had it done with a similar line up for only 650K because I didnt try to mix a Jawa in for an additionnal assist. Great work, seems fun !

Zylo: not a character from hAAT. Guilds can designate farm. GK: only available in hAAT. Hence, anyone who doesn't have hAAT on farm already, doesn't have a hope of getting GK (and anybody who does have it on farm doesn't really care about this).

@OP: sounds like a fun team, even if not useful for those looking to beat hAAT for the first time.
  • MadMalgusReturns
    670 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Wouldn't chief nebit be a better choice as he will be granting protection up to the team? Or maybe Jawa for more dps?
  • How do you stop GG giving the taunt buff them your toons nuking the add instead of GG?
  • Bomroll wrote: »
    How do you stop GG giving the taunt buff them your toons nuking the add instead of GG?

Mauls aoe-daze
  • Bomroll wrote: »
    How do you stop GG giving the taunt buff them your toons nuking the add instead of GG?

Mauls aoe-daze

That only stops counter / TM gain, doesn't GG put taunt on someone after 7 attacks?
  • KeKattia
    1118 posts Member
    Bomroll wrote: »
    That only stops counter / TM gain, doesn't GG put taunt on someone after 7 attacks?

This is something that could get fixed at some point until then having Daze on the adds prevents the taunt also.

Concerning leaders I've tried with Boba and with Ani and Ani seems to be better in general and especially if you are patient enough to reset until you get offense up and don't trigger B2

Speed wise if you want offense up as well it works if GK, Maul and Ani are all 180+ speed
  • KeKattia
    1118 posts Member
    Ah, thanks for that explanation. But yeah, lol that does sound like a pretty entertaining way to quickly beat some damage out of GG. So I guess that could work with any Jawa other than JE, but Scav is probably best for the Offense Down on his basic.
    If only there were some way to work IGD in there for his superb damage against GG and ability to also apply defense down, but you wouldn't get get all 7 hits in each time.

Yes it would work with any Jawa but I use Scav 1st because like you said he gives offense down and second he's the most geared and best modded of my Jawas. I had a practice run do 26% yesterday so just a bit more than 1mil.

I actually thought about Ima at some point but never went through with testing, I think I'll try it in a practice run now
  • I will clarify a function from all in the team:

JKA: Damage, Immunity in the basic (offensive does not gain the triangle buff), Offense Up and its offensive leadership

FOTP: Double attack guaranteed (with a good CC) and a lot of damage

GK: Retribution and immunity to criticismMaul: Daze in B2 (for him not to attack)

Scavanger: Call assistance (RAID ability), Offense Down and grenades (when explode counts as one of 7 attacks)

You want to use another Jawa (JE will not work) I suggest to change the JKA for Boba because of the double attack and Dots.

On the Speed ​​of Maul I believe that close to 190 in my signature has my profile in .gg can see all the mods Used.

• tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    sL_Spinoza wrote: »
    I will clarify a function from all in the team:

JKA: Damage, Immunity in the basic (offensive does not gain the triangle buff), Offense Up and its offensive leadership

FOTP: Double attack guaranteed (with a good CC) and a lot of damage

GK: Retribution and immunity to criticismMaul: Daze in B2 (for him not to attack)

Scavanger: Call assistance (RAID ability), Offense Down and grenades (when explode counts as one of 7 attacks)

You want to use another Jawa (JE will not work) I suggest to change the JKA for Boba because of the double attack and Dots.

On the Speed ​​of Maul I believe that close to 190 in my signature has my profile in .gg can see all the mods Used.

I'm assuming Scavenger is a better option than Jawa cause of the thermal unique and offense down?
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • KeKattia
    1118 posts Member
    edited April 2017

I'm not quite sure on that, I prefer Ani because he can give offense up to all, that on average gets me 5% more damage in trials but probably also depends on mods.

@Vertigo I did a few trial runs with IGD instead of Ani and with GK as leader, the team works as well and with my IGD only g10 and modded for tenacity the best run did just shy of 20% damage.

EDIT: Tried IGD lead for the bonus counter damage for GK and himself and got 26% on the first try, if GK doesn't dish out foresight all the time you can get that much, if GK screws you over you will drop between 10-15% though
  • KeKattia wrote: »

I'm not quite sure on that, I prefer Ani because he can give offense up to all, that on average gets me 5% more damage in trials but probably also depends on mods.

@Vertigo I did a few trial runs with IGD instead of Ani and with GK as leader, the team works as well and with my IGD only g10 and modded for tenacity the best run did just shy of 20% damage.

EDIT: Tried IGD lead for the bonus counter damage for GK and himself and got 26% on the first try, if GK doesn't dish out foresight all the time you can get that much, if GK screws you over you will drop between 10-15% though

Wow, 26% is very huge damage! Igd os very effective!
  • Interesting. How long did you last to do nearly 1 mil damage? I feel like zBarriss would need to be in there to help keep the team alive for a while.
  • Interesting. How long did you last to do nearly 1 mil damage? I feel like zBarriss would need to be in there to help keep the team alive for a while.

But GG doesnt really crit, so why?
  • I guess with Kenobis crit immunity and nobody taking turns there would be no crits. I didn't think about that.

Krennic would be a beast here with his basic attack, although he is squishy so maybe he wouldn't live long enough. EP could grant offense up and has a high damage basic, but obviously is a better weapon in P3. If you weren't getting to attack though he would be good. Just trying to theorize alternatives.

What would happen if you did a zVader lead and used a bunch of characters that apply DOT on basic? Would you be able to get the counter damage and a ton of damage from DOTs? You wouldn't have to worry about extra attacks to make sure he is hit 7 times, either.

• KeKattia
    1118 posts Member
    What would happen if you did a zVader lead and used a bunch of characters that apply DOT on basic? Would you be able to get the counter damage and a ton of damage from DOTs? You wouldn't have to worry about extra attacks to make sure he is hit 7 times, either.

Interesting thought but it wouldn't work because of the TM removal. In a run like this you'll have as many or more dots than GG so taking turns is your worst enemy and with the TMR from Vader's lead that is bound to happen.

A shard mate of ours has suggested a Phasma lead instead of Ani or IGD, I'll try to see what that can do next tank.

Yesterday I got to complete a run finally instead of doing practice runs over and over, I was just shy or 25% which game me 1.004mil, I think there's still some potential in there though
  • sL_Spinoza
    404 posts Member
    edited April 2017

Phasma was an excellent idea, I can test in airplane mode only because it is important in p2 for me in the ZiZader team
    Post edited by sL_Spinoza on
  • 84m.jpg
  • I've seen Cassian do short work of GG with buff immunity...