Poe Dameron balancing

Replies

• Triqui wrote: »
    Triqui wrote: »
    Poe current status is now argumentum ad baculum.

It's not a consensus. Not even an argument. It is a consequence of overnerfing and Barris scars are looming still.

My opinion is undonthe current nerf and make turn meter resistable to add color and variety for the game. But for others this may be a game killer (as opposed to a killer game). Yet for others it may be nothing.

If defense stats are tuned or HP increased globally 10%-15% nothing needs to be nerfed actually.

I'm fine with it not being s consensus. Some people defending current status Poe have expressed some good arguments about him, yourself included. Among those:

1) problem is not Poe, it's the team of turn 7 navy seals that obliterate things in 1 hit.

2) Poe actually adds viability to toons that wouldn't be played otherwise (such as slower droids)

3) Poe is the only viable tank, ir close to (han is good enough, just worse)

4) Poe is farmable and closes the gap with P2W.

I'm sure I forgot others. Some are more convincing, others are less. Discussing about those, or the Pro-nerf counterparts (like my objection to open the door to first turn combo, or many other ecpressed here) IS helpful.

But threats to rage quit and refund do not address st all if Poe is or isnt balanced.it doesnt matter if it is people who threat to refund if Poe is touched, or threat to refund if Poe isn't touched. It is childish, and sounds like those kids that threat to stop breathing if they have to eat soup for dinner.

So let's go back to discuss Poe and his balanced or unbslanced status, please

The problem is most definitely poe. What you are ignoring is all of those other characters have weaknesses to counter their strengths. Weaknesses that poe negates, even if he is dispelled.
  • ctn13
    53 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    I would perhaps be happy if they separated his skills so he taunted with 1 and gave resistable clock down and expose with the other. Not sure. I like the idea of the fast taunt. As many have said it does make a lot of glass cannon type characters viable. You could choose to rng for the big hit by forcing the opponents clock down and expose in the knowledge that if you fail you've just wasted a shot and the opponent will make you pay or you could taunt up to protect your characters but allowing your opponent a chance to respond either by trying to strip the taunt, massive aoe explosion, multi stun, or taunt of their own! Allowing people options to counter any strategy is what the devs should be allowing but it is the opposite of what the current poe does.
  • Who thinks being able to have your entire team go first is fair? Damage is fine and speed is the meta, luckily all but 1 speed character is FTP and the P2W (Leia) isn't even that good, because she invis first. I want to see multiple RNG coin flips in 2 minutes not just 1.

Damage is not fine that is ****. So no Poe and instead of matches lasting 30 seconds they will be 15 seconds. Maybe Poe needs to be adjusted making the turn reduction resistable. i dont agree with that as the change but maybe it does need to be changed. But to say damage is fine that is absolutely not true. Unless you make taunt unremovable and give tanks more health or armor. There is a 5 minute timer so equally matched teams battling should last on average about 2-3 minutes unless one side is horrible. Otherwise the game requires no skill only luck.

I am stating my opinion that damage is fine and you are saying otherwise. Cool beans. Yes, GS breaks in to tier 9 gear giving him speed and damage, but I cant say anything final until level 80 considering he doesn't break into tier 10 until level 79 and his gear 10 may suck. Think of Jedi Consular he was OP at 60 now hes trash. Poe is OP and I am waiting till 80 to make any other speculations.
  • Alecationz
    23 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    If you guys think speed has nothing to do with it than Stormtrooper Han is way more OP, he has higher turn meter manipulation

And I didn't always had Poe, I too got annoyed, now I use Poe and QGJ in my arena, until the meta changes
  • LukeSkywalker420
    460 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Who thinks being able to have your entire team go first is fair? Damage is fine and speed is the meta, luckily all but 1 speed character is FTP and the P2W (Leia) isn't even that good, because she invis first. I want to see multiple RNG coin flips in 2 minutes not just 1.

Damage is not fine that is ****. So no Poe and instead of matches lasting 30 seconds they will be 15 seconds. Maybe Poe needs to be adjusted making the turn reduction resistable. i dont agree with that as the change but maybe it does need to be changed. But to say damage is fine that is absolutely not true. Unless you make taunt unremovable and give tanks more health or armor. There is a 5 minute timer so equally matched teams battling should last on average about 2-3 minutes unless one side is horrible. Otherwise the game requires no skill only luck.

I am stating my opinion that damage is fine and you are saying otherwise. Cool beans. Yes, GS breaks in to tier 9 gear giving him speed and damage, but I cant say anything final until level 80 considering he doesn't break into tier 10 until level 79 and his gear 10 may suck. Think of Jedi Consular he was OP at 60 now hes trash. Poe is OP and I am waiting till 80 to make any other speculations.

You are entitled to your opinion. I just dont agree that the game should be a high speed shootout. And I hope they dont raise the cap with this update lol.

• LoveLoveRice
    182 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Alecationz wrote: »
    If you guys think speed has nothing to do with it than Stormtrooper Han is way more OP, he has higher turn meter manipulation
    If he gets a turn or gets hit? Not even remotely the same as what POE does.
    You are entitled to your opinion. I just dont agree that the game should be a high speed shootout. And I hope they dont raise the cap with this update lol.
    They are not. Putting a strategy together would be fun, Arena vs AI is not the place.
  • pls **** nerf poe...can't win any team with a poe..that's not right!!! if you don't have a chance to win a poe+glass cannon team whats the point of other team? he need speed reduce or hp reduce like han,if his so good at expose then he should go 2~3 not giving attacker any chance to target any other toons it's no fun at all! pls **** balance this. ...no poe no win it's **** dump
  • JediMindTricks
    1077 posts Member
    edited February 2016

I got Poe for free just for downloaded this game when the force awakens being in theaters dec 18. I don't even use Poe he is I think 3 or 4 starred and is only level 50. But I can tell people this much from my experiences a lot of times I'm left with little to no health when I'm playing other in arena around the 200 rank and I never see them with Poe. It's always a team with stupid plasma as a leader which frankly I am sick of seeing. There are more characters that need balancing or nerfs and it isn't just Poe. Tbh I wouldn't mind that immune to healing Sideous ability being balanced a bit more I think that's a bit op as well. But then again I started using Lobot to counter act that.

What people are failing to realize is that certain characters will be OP until you find its anti counter part. Not to mention that the devs want people to spend money to get better characters faster. How do they do that?.....easy allow certain characters to be OP and make the players farm their anti counter parts. Kinda like Superman vs kryptonite.

All characters need balancing and fairness not just Poe. Whom I don't even use.
  • ctn13 wrote: »
    I would perhaps be happy if they separated his skills so he taunted with 1 and gave resistable clock down and expose with the other. Not sure. I like the idea of the fast taunt. As many have said it does make a lot of glass cannon type characters viable. You could choose to rng for the big hit by forcing the opponents clock down and expose in the knowledge that if you fail you've just wasted a shot and the opponent will make you pay or you could taunt up to protect your characters but allowing your opponent a chance to respond either by trying to strip the taunt, massive aoe explosion, multi stun, or taunt of their own! Allowing people options to counter any strategy is what the devs should be allowing but it is the opposite of what the current poe does.

Yeah, I was thinking that his taunt should give the (reverted, e.g. high) expose chance (then giving your DPS a chance to mop-up), while his unique skill should get an addition "Every time an exposed enemy takes damage, he loses 10% turn meter". This may actually synergize better with other expose characters (Finn/RP especially) and keep his synergy with RT.

• I got Poe for free just for downloaded this game when the force awakens being in theaters dec 18. I don't even use Poe he is I think 3 or 4 starred and is only level 50. But I can tell people this much from my experiences a lot of times I'm left with little to no health when I'm playing other in arena around the 200 rank and I never see them with Poe. It's always a team with stupid plasma as a leader which frankly I am sick of seeing. There are more characters that need balancing or nerfs and it isn't just Poe. Tbh I wouldn't mind that immune to healing Sideous ability being balanced a bit more I think that's a bit op as well. But then again I started using Lobot to counter act that.

What people are failing to realize is that certain characters will be OP until you find its anti counter part. Not to mention that the devs want people to spend money to get better characters faster. How do they do that?.....easy allow certain characters to be OP and make the players farm their anti counter parts. Kinda like Superman vs kryptonite.

All characters need balancing and fairness not just Poe. Whom I don't even use.

i don't think you play a team that can end you in frist wave of attack ...
    poe taunt
    Rey one shoot
    fotp another one shoot
    qgj attack assist one more down...
    phasma advantage. ..so on so on
  • Mr_Eel
    124 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    I just crossed into gear level 8, same time as my opponents. If he has no Poe, I win by flawless victory. If his Poe goes first, I lose most often. I would honestly rather play with a different character than find myself or my opponent at a 2 toon disadvantage before the other team gets to move. Before 61, he was fine. After, he's totally broken. Taunt first = win. Like the other posters have said, it's not just Poe though. It's the 8000 crits from his teammates who shouldn't be able to act yet that are the real problem.
    Post edited by Mr_Eel on
  • Poe gives a thing to dispell increadibly early on. And if that happens the enemy likely wins. I have farmed Poe instead of QGJ. If it gets destroyed, and I paid for it, is it just bad luck? Is there a Meta->Meta about getting chars that originally where UP, then seem OP (like Barris) and then weren't? Should people have to worry about losing because of Forum-Wars? It seems at some points it's too much abiut nerf or now and too little about how to dead with the game as is. If you need to have Poe for a while until next cap changes the meta (as it did in the last) ...is that so amazingly hard? When everyone has speed 7 in Arena Poe will matter little.
  • The dude said 10k in Ap purchases a month.

Reading comprehension. He didn't say 10k on SWOG. Your assuming he only plays and spends on one game.

Don't know the guy nor his real spending habits. now I see why they do word problems...
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    d3gauss wrote: »
    Poe current status is now argumentum ad baculum.

It's not a consensus. Not even an argument. It is a consequence of overnerfing and Barris scars are looming still.

My opinion is undonthe current nerf and make turn meter resistable to add color and variety for the game. But for others this may be a game killer (as opposed to a killer game). Yet for others it may be nothing.

If defense stats are tuned or HP increased globally 10%-15% nothing needs to be nerfed actually.

I'm fine with it not being s consensus. Some people defending current status Poe have expressed some good arguments about him, yourself included. Among those:

1) problem is not Poe, it's the team of turn 7 navy seals that obliterate things in 1 hit.

2) Poe actually adds viability to toons that wouldn't be played otherwise (such as slower droids)

3) Poe is the only viable tank, ir close to (han is good enough, just worse)

4) Poe is farmable and closes the gap with P2W.

I'm sure I forgot others. Some are more convincing, others are less. Discussing about those, or the Pro-nerf counterparts (like my objection to open the door to first turn combo, or many other ecpressed here) IS helpful.

But threats to rage quit and refund do not address st all if Poe is or isnt balanced.it doesnt matter if it is people who threat to refund if Poe is touched, or threat to refund if Poe isn't touched. It is childish, and sounds like those kids that threat to stop breathing if they have to eat soup for dinner.

So let's go back to discuss Poe and his balanced or unbslanced status, please

The problem is most definitely poe. What you are ignoring is all of those other characters have weaknesses to counter their strengths. Weaknesses that poe negates, even if he is dispelled.

I'm pro nerf. Was pointing the other side POV
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Alecationz wrote: »
    If he gets a turn or gets hit? Not even remotely the same as what POE does.

[ /quote] and when he press the button as well. But he is not 143 speed, el he let the enemy to act, making the fight fair. That's why Poe is superior, Han is fair
  • Just wait until speed leader abilities are fixed. ST Han + Ackbar sounds like fun.
  • CPMP
    974 posts Member
    medetec wrote: »
    CronozNL wrote: »
    medetec wrote: »
    Honestly I think it's fair for players to ask for compensation when a character is nerfed. Personally I think there's no question Poe will need further balancing, but I also think that in a game like this where you invest time and especially money to progress, that progress needs to be kept.

I think theres been a few version of how to deal with that, but you can see mine at the top of the last page. Basically, when you nerf a character you give players the option for a time to refund the shards ingame and apply them to another character (of the same rarity).

Tell that to Blizzard, ArenaNet, Bioware, 2k, Piraxis do I need to continue? Nerfing is part of competitive gaming. If you think you have rights than guess again.. Would love to get Blizzards monthly fee back because they "changed" the game.

I was actually specifically comparing it to Blizzard. This game is much closer to Hearthstone than World or Warcraft. In Hearthstone, when a card is nerfed you are "refunded" in game with in game currency to craft a new card of equivalent value, if you choose to destroy the nerfed card.

I think a system like that would be very effective here in allowing the devs to balance characters without upsetting people or getting demands for actual cash refunds.

And what about people that didn't have Poe? Those are the ones who suffered most from the imbalance. You intent to give compensation to people that were benefited by him all this time and raided the top arena spots? Then everyone should reroll the most OP chars, enjoy it while it lasts, get their free crystals back and create the next most OP heroes next instantly. And go on like that.
    It's similar with Vader incident. It was developer's fault that the achievement was broken, same that is developer's fault that Poe is overpowered and breaks the game. People spend resources to level Vader as star 7* and gear him up. Do you expect maybe to give those players refund too?
    I lost 4/5 games yesterday because of Poe and today i see i droped at #211 from #65. But sure...lets give the Poe abusers a refund...Cause they didn't get enough crystals/tokens by now.
  • Just wait until speed leader abilities are fixed. ST Han + Ackbar sounds like fun.

I do not think they were ever broken, they were never intended to work the first turn. I could be wrong about this though.

• It's not fact.

It's opinion.
  • Poe abusers lol

Your argument is flawed in so many ways.
  • The counter to Poe is coming in this update. Yoda will be faster than Poe with a bigger turn meter reduction ability. So then everyone can start discussing Nerfing Yoda.
  • CPMP
    974 posts Member
    The counter to Poe is coming in this update. Yoda will be faster than Poe with a bigger turn meter reduction ability. So then everyone can start discussing Nerfing Yoda.

I heard he is gonna be tank though, but i don't know if its true. But if he is tank, he will probably have low damage and that sure seems balanced. Also he is jedi, so Dooku will pinch him and stun him all the time.
  • The problem with Poe is his speed and turn meter reduction, combine that with his healthpool and every match you play against him turns into a nightmare. Changing his tenacity is barely a fix. Please reassess your "nerf".
  • SaintEaters
    412 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Smithie wrote: »
    If you nerf Poe to a state he is unusable in the Arena, who would I contact to get a refund of the Force Awakens pack and all the crystals I spent to get him to 7*.

Yes I use him yes he is good but he can be countered by QGJ and still has above average health.

If your going to keep Nerfing Poe I want Sid Lumi Tie Pilot Leia nerfed too!

I'll get on the refund train if they nerf Poe more.

Omg! Are you kidding me! He, along with others, ruins this game. No one is saying nerf him into oblivion, but instead make him not sooooooooooooooo OP. As it stands Poe teams are almost unbeatable bc before you can react half of your team is dead and the others are mortally wounded. Where is the fun in that? Not to mention that it negates like 80% - 90% of other characters that could be used. What about barris, do those people "deserve" refund too?
  • RenegadeDX wrote: »
    The problem with Poe is his speed and turn meter reduction, combine that with his healthpool and every match you play against him turns into a nightmare. Changing his tenacity is barely a fix. Please reassess your "nerf".

Wait for Yoda young padawan. A few more days have you. Then Poe will get his turn meter reduced before he can move.
  • I am going to close this thread now. It's reached 21 pages and everything that can be said has been said. We've received all of your feedback, so please do not create new threads about Poe.
    Community Manager for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes | Follow me on Twitter - Darokaz
  • RIP Poe you will not be missed ty EA
This discussion has been closed.