The Galactic First Order Players Discussion

Replies

• AnnerDoon wrote: »

pretty sure his ability only list a 25% tm gain...

FO allies AND allies with advantage each get 25% TM. Since all of your allies are FO, and they will all have advantage at the beginning of a battle, both criteria are valid and the TM stacks to 50%.

that is not how it works lol, the effects apply to both types of allies (FO and allies with advantage) but they do not stack with each other. But I really shouldnt have to say that, anyone can watch a vid of FO in action and see this in effect.
  • AnnerDoon
    1353 posts Member
    Ok. If you say so.
    Ok. If you say so. [/qu
    AnnerDoon wrote: »
    Ok. If you say so.

Just tested this myself in a gw campaign. I owe you an apology. It is in fact 50% tm gain for FO allies with advantage. Everything i know is a lie, life is meaningless, FO more op than they were 3 min ago.
  • Gebuttersnaps
    478 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    AnnerDoon wrote: »

FO allies AND allies with advantage each get 25% TM. Since all of your allies are FO, and they will all have advantage at the beginning of a battle, both criteria are valid and the TM stacks to 50%.

that is not how it works lol, the effects apply to both types of allies (FO and allies with advantage) but they do not stack with each other. But I really shouldnt have to say that, anyone can watch a vid of FO in action and see this in effect.

I just tested it and can confirm it does give FO allies with Advantage 50% tm.
    QScu1BS.png
    aOcO097.png
    az3Gcln.png
  • AnnerDoon
    1353 posts Member

Just tested this myself in a gw campaign. I owe you an apology. It is in fact 50% tm gain for FO allies with advantage. Everything i know is a lie, life is meaningless, FO more op than they were 3 min ago.

ROFL!! That's ok. Don't jump off a bridge or anything. Haha!
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Can confirm Lash Out stacks, 50% turn meter to First Order with advantage.
  • Good to know - thanks for digging into that guys :D
  • Guys I need to mod my FOO for speed? He's currently on 202, but I can't seem to find any speed secondaries anywhere? Can anyone give me some advice? (Rest of squad is FOTP G11 FOST G11 ZKYLO G11 ZPhasma g10 and FOO is g10 with 1 piece off being g11)
  • so my oficer has 255 speed and is still slower than any sith with 203 speed or more under a maul lead. The only advice I can give is that you need insane amounts of speed on him to keep FOO competitive in arena.
    Ok. If you say so.

Such composure. :D
  • so my oficer has 255 speed and is still slower than any sith with 203 speed or more under a maul lead. The only advice I can give is that you need insane amounts of speed on him to keep FOO competitive in arena.

It's really the only toon which can massively make arena viable

I just tested it and can confirm it does give FO allies with Advantage 50% tm.

I would argue those screenshot prove that it is only a 25% TM gain.
    Everyone gains normal TM after Kylos move, before you, the player, can act again. Phasma was at slighty above 80% and she hits the 100% first. Your FOO is probably a good deal faster and should have >20% TM regen in the same time. To end up only slightly above 50% when Phasmas turn comes means he only got 25% from Kylo.
  • McNought wrote: »
    I would argue those screenshot prove that it is only a 25% TM gain.
    Everyone gains normal TM after Kylos move, before you, the player, can act again. Phasma was at slighty above 80% and she hits the 100% first. Your FOO is probably a good deal faster and should have >20% TM regen in the same time. To end up only slightly above 50% when Phasmas turn comes means he only got 25% from Kylo.

On second thought, that's bovine manure. Phasma also gets TM from Kylo and hits the 100% immediately. 50% TM gain confirmed, thanks for testing that out ^^.
  • BeWary
    367 posts Member
    McNought wrote: »
    On second thought, that's bovine manure. Phasma also gets TM from Kylo and hits the 100% immediately. 50% TM gain confirmed, thanks for testing that out ^^.

Yeah, it's easy to see the 50% gain when FOO gives Marching Orders to Kylo on the first move. FOO then has zero TM, but if Kylo lashes out, it goes to 50%. This is with a zeta on Phasma of course.

I just can't believe I never noticed that when filling out my spreadsheet. I literally recorded hundreds of attacks. Guess I wasn't paying much attention to TM. :)
  • FO are really good guys. I've been finishing top 3 in arena, we share the spots between shard mates.

They are really bad on defense and tend to drop from 1/3 to 30s. It's a long climb but they can do it.

I am using Boba instead of FOTP because he needs some work. Boba helps against Chirrut and Zavage but misses all the TM and extra attacks from FO.

I only have PhaZma and Zylo with Zetas. Thinking about the next one, not sure if I will go FOZT or FOTPz.

It's a really fun team and FOST works with 4*, mine is 5* and finally got him to gear 11 yesterday, I'm hoping that will help a bit more in defense
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    FOST zeta is my favorite aspect of the team. With Kylo nearly always having retribution an AOE attack against a FO team can cause 3 counters, Kylo+FOST+assist and so often that damage becomes overwhelming and kills.
  • I'm relatively new to the game, but I love the first order and I can't wait to get some new characters! No idea why hux isn't in this game yet, but surely it's a matter of time. Kylo is amazing, and while my first Order team is about a year away from being maxed and zeta'd, perhaps one more powerhouse will join him and phasma and will add to the first order, making it so I don't have to use FOST
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    RandyMarsh wrote: »
    I'm relatively new to the game, but I love the first order and I can't wait to get some new characters! No idea why hux isn't in this game yet, but surely it's a matter of time. Kylo is amazing, and while my first Order team is about a year away from being maxed and zeta'd, perhaps one more powerhouse will join him and phasma and will add to the first order, making it so I don't have to use FOST

Just farm FOST hard nodes, it's not that much energy and he's entirely worth it. You don't even need him at max star level, even at 3 star he should be fine if you gear him up.
  • Mewingloki
    515 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    i honestly feel like FOST is one of my favorite toons right now....I am not satisfied with how the full FO team performs on my shard (and partly under my command haha). And it sounds like "doing well" is falling to 30s which is a headache I don't want at the moment lol - but I'm still using FOST!!!! xD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9KT-pW6uik

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdypK-Fn6d4
  • Just farm FOST hard nodes, it's not that much energy and he's entirely worth it. You don't even need him at max star level, even at 3 star he should be fine if you gear him up. [/quote]

Yeah I've been working on that I've got like 22/25 shards rn. I'll keep hearing him so I can have a full synergy team, but I don't like him all that much right now. Probably my least favorite FO character
  • Hey guys, I joined the big leagues yesterday with g11 Kylo and zFOTP two days ago. Only remaining zeta is for Kylo. First impressions on zFOTP are that I should probably have put it on Kylo first ... BUT it was easier to finish top 10 yesterday with FOTP foresight extending his longevity. Still having trouble with Maul leads because of their crit immunity while stealthed, even running Offense mod sets is not getting the job done.
    FeZPfUT.jpg
    Phasma zeta is obviously the most important of the bunch, but FOST zeta is a close second. So many extra attacks, it is insane! But Daze shuts them down so much, I'm thinking they will rarely have success against Maul teams.
  • BrillO
    320 posts Member
    Jay_1997_C wrote: »
    Guys I need to mod my FOO for speed? He's currently on 202, but I can't seem to find any speed secondaries anywhere? Can anyone give me some advice? (Rest of squad is FOTP G11 FOST G11 ZKYLO G11 ZPhasma g10 and FOO is g10 with 1 piece off being g11)
    Hey guys, I joined the big leagues yesterday with g11 Kylo and zFOTP two days ago. Only remaining zeta is for Kylo. First impressions on zFOTP are that I should probably have put it on Kylo first ... BUT it was easier to finish top 10 yesterday with FOTP foresight extending his longevity. Still having trouble with Maul leads because of their crit immunity while stealthed, even running Offense mod sets is not getting the job done.
    FeZPfUT.jpg
    Phasma zeta is obviously the most important of the bunch, but FOST zeta is a close second. So many extra attacks, it is insane! But Daze shuts them down so much, I'm thinking they will rarely have success against Maul teams.

Nice job man. I agree, while FOTP's zeta had saved my **** many times, it's still a little underwhelming. Kylo's on the other hand is awesome, and I can't wait to zeta fost.
  • Been thinking about Stun vs Daze ... Stunned characters are exempt from assist calls, right? Meaning a stunned character will never be called for assist, so the assist is not wasted.

Is the same true for Daze? It seems like it is not. If an assist chance procs and the call goes to a Dazed character, that character will not attack right? It seems like the assist call should go to a character that is NOT dazed, just like how the Stun mechanic works.

At least, I would like it better that way for my FO team. Maul rarely applies Daze to the WHOLE team, but it generally hits at least 3 which seems to be enough to stop all the FO assists.

Maybe I'm just not paying close enough attention.
  • BeWary
    367 posts Member
    Yeah, Zaul teams can be a pain with the stealth, crit immunities, and Daze. If they have Palpatine, which they usually do, and he stuns most or all of your squad, it just makes matters worse. Luckily they don't usually have a dispeller, so the initial Advantage buff keeps the squad from getting critically hit.

I have my FOO at 234 speed, which is about as high as I can get him, and he almost never goes before the Sith. This means the initial speed advantage of FOO is moot. Plus, Daze shuts down FO and FOO can only cleanse himself and one other. For those reasons, I am going to try replacing him with Gen Kenobi soon. I almost have GK at G10, at which point I will put a ton of protection and tenacity on him and hope my FO squad fairs better.

GK will be mostly useful for that mass cleanse, which is something FOO can't do. Unfortunately he doesn't also buff with Tenacity Up, but I guess you can't have everything. :smile:

I'll let you guys know how it goes, probably starting next week.
  • BeWary
    367 posts Member
    Been thinking about Stun vs Daze ... Stunned characters are exempt from assist calls, right? Meaning a stunned character will never be called for assist, so the assist is not wasted.

Is the same true for Daze? It seems like it is not. If an assist chance procs and the call goes to a Dazed character, that character will not attack right? It seems like the assist call should go to a character that is NOT dazed, just like how the Stun mechanic works.

At least, I would like it better that way for my FO team. Maul rarely applies Daze to the WHOLE team, but it generally hits at least 3 which seems to be enough to stop all the FO assists.

Maybe I'm just not paying close enough attention.

I wondered about that too. They DID fix stunned toons a while back to make sure they weren't called for assists, so I would assume it should work the same way for dazed toons. That said, I can't recall seeing a dazed toon called for an assist. I'll try to pay closer attention, but if that is happening we should report it in Bugs.
  • BeWary wrote: »
    Yeah, Zaul teams can be a pain with the stealth, crit immunities, and Daze. If they have Palpatine, which they usually do, and he stuns most or all of your squad, it just makes matters worse. Luckily they don't usually have a dispeller, so the initial Advantage buff keeps the squad from getting critically hit.

I have my FOO at 234 speed, which is about as high as I can get him, and he almost never goes before the Sith. This means the initial speed advantage of FOO is moot. Plus, Daze shuts down FO and FOO can only cleanse himself and one other. For those reasons, I am going to try replacing him with Gen Kenobi soon. I almost have GK at G10, at which point I will put a ton of protection and tenacity on him and hope my FO squad fairs better.

GK will be mostly useful for that mass cleanse, which is something FOO can't do. Unfortunately he doesn't also buff with Tenacity Up, but I guess you can't have everything. :smile:

I'll let you guys know how it goes, probably starting next week.

I was trying this last week......FOO can't cleanse enough to recover from a sith opening for me - or maybe I'm just to used to having both rex and GK on a team in hopes of getting free from the lock. I Always cross my fingers one of the two resists the stun and can go before enemy nihilus kills his cooldowns. I tried dropping FOO and putting kenobi in but didn't have much luck lol - too many people die too fast >.<

Didn't put this one on youtube since it was so gruesome lol....

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KfKxUyOiQKQRc840eMX_9no2wFXbekJIwQ/view?usp=sharing
  • I'm getting my first zeta next week, and I'm debating between Phasma and Kylo. Obviously, Phasma's lead is amazing when zeta'd, but wouldn't Kylo be better for gaining his protection back on outrage? Wouldn't this have utility in both arena and raids? Or is Phasma's leader zeta that much better when it comes to winning arena battles?
  • Kylos really isn't relevant outside of the tank phase 1 cheese. Everything else has one shot mechanics.

I find Kylo to be useful in arena regardless of those around him but can't say I come down to Kylo against the world almost ever - and he doesn't use outrage much at all on defense. I'm honestly not sure if I undid his zeta if I or my opponents would notice lol.

Phasma is definitely bang for buck if you're looking to make your first order team perform. It's an immense upgrade for them.

But if you don't have most of FO ready to play with, it'd be better to start with Kylo until the other guys are ready - then do phasma
  • Mewingloki wrote: »
    Kylos really isn't relevant outside of the tank phase 1 cheese. Everything else has one shot mechanics.

I find Kylo to be useful in arena regardless of those around him but can't say I come down to Kylo against the world almost ever - and he doesn't use outrage much at all on defense. I'm honestly not sure if I undid his zeta if I or my opponents would notice lol.

Phasma is definitely bang for buck if you're looking to make your first order team perform. It's an immense upgrade for them.

But if you don't have most of FO ready to play with, it'd be better to start with Kylo until the other guys are ready - then do phasma

Thanks for this! I do have full FO team now and am going to apply my first zeta to Phasma, then.

G10 Kylo, G9 Phasma, G9 FOO, G9 FOTP, G8 FOST.
  • I think that's the best call - Her zeta boosts the whole team's performance in both raids as well as arena. The added potency and 60% chance to assist with no penalty is a night/day difference for the squad as a whole. If you've got the whole team and plan on using them all - definitely pick the one that buffs them all at the same time :D