OFFICIAL: Rise Together Event: RETURN!

Replies

• Gucci
    178 posts Member
    Clearly a newsletter and in-game pop up stating double drops active actually means they are not
  • vessaharja
    585 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Double drops will cover mod challenges? YES or NO ?
    @CG_RyDiggs
  • what is the fuze about - i highly doubt that anyone planned to use this ships in Fleet PvP so early today.... CG is not perfect but one can distinguish between honest mistake (as clearly in this case) and intended actions that no person with some sanity can agree with (like citadel pack prizes). While I think that CG deserves rage an criticism in some instances, this is clearly not one of them and the rage is absolutely over the top!
  • UPDATE 2 AM 4/13 PST

Greetings Heroes,

We apologize for the unexpected behavior in the Rise Together event. We've identified the issue, however, we want to take more time to ensure the event is ready for all of you.

Unfortunately, we will be removing the Event, Packs and all related messaging until further notice.

We (likely @CG_Kozispoon :smile: ) will be posting tomorrow with updates on the event as we move forward.

Thank you all again VERY much for all your passion and support for !

RyDiggs
    Development Manager for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
  • i don't recall seeing anything about a double drop cantina event in the game and most of this is new to me. i just noticed that the event wasn't working and that's about it.
  • I just received a client restart and event was pulled off event list all together.
  • Really needed to give a time double drops would be available. The confusion was always going to cause issues.
  • Good the event Newsletter is gone :) This should clear up the confusion about double drops.
    SWGOH.gg profile - Our guild, 3720 to 1, has 1 spot open! [49/50].
  • vessaharja wrote: »
    Double drops will cover mod challenges? YES or NO ?
    @CG_RyDiggs

I don't have that data in front of me, however, I'll get an answer to @CG_Kozispoon for you tomorrow.
    Development Manager for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
  • A guildmate of mine was able to unlock the 2 ships via the event, why was he able to yet literally no one else could access it?
  • mnogokuh22 wrote: »
    what is the fuze about - i highly doubt that anyone planned to use this ships in Fleet PvP so early today.... CG is not perfect but one can distinguish between honest mistake (as clearly in this case) and intended actions that no person with some sanity can agree with (like citadel pack prizes). While I think that CG deserves rage an criticism in some instances, this is clearly not one of them and the rage is absolutely over the top!

Maybe because they mislead us about the shard shop leading to people refreshing it for nothing...

Maybe because they said double drops will be active when u get the message and that wasn't true either...

Maybe because instead of double drops it actually used up double your energy leading to increased refresh costs for single drops...

Maybe because the event is broken?

Ya people shouldn't be upset. Move along the game is fine. Double drops just meant they cost 2X as much, not that we get 2X shards, silly players, it's just another misunderstanding.
  • This is an outrage! We recommend a commission be sent to Naboo to ascertain the truth!
  • Bt_7274
    357 posts Member
    What?so u guys just dump the double drops and everything?
    discord:Darth Woodman#6467,looking for shardmates:Warrior ìN,skirge2000,GlideX,erykgx,harunalp,TDB,Kiwida,dyloot,pm me on discord plz
  • Jefferx
    361 posts Member
    The first tier of the event were weird because you actually give us a free hera toon. So you actually don't need hera to make the first tier event. You only need kanan and chopper. Is it similar fir all tier ?
  • Good way to start off Star Wars celebration week.....

Lol now I restarted the client and the email is gone. Awesome work boys
  • @CG_RyDiggs I did the client restart but the Phoenix squad packs are still available...
  • So, I've been playing this for a few months and have been enjoying it so far. Until this morning when faced with the Rise Again issue.

It's one thing forcing me to level and gear up characters that I won't use for a while (or even again), but to do it today when I'm getting ready for the Yoda event - spending credits that I could use to level up the Jedi team - then crashing me out ... well ... I'm not very happy to say the least.

I was planning on using the Rise Again credit rewards to refill the credits used boosting Kanan and Chopper. Now I can't and I'm best part of 500k down.

Cheers fellas.
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    @CG_RyDiggs I did the client restart but the Phoenix squad packs are still available...

Only the event was removed
  • Artimus wrote: »
    It is not as ambiguous as some are trying to make this when this newsletter announcement dropped everything listed in it was to be active the event and store items mentioned where visible in game so there was no reason to think that double drops would not yet be active people!

Agreed. The message says the celebration kicks off with the rise together event. Below that it says In addition to the above festivities, there will be double drops in the cantina for 5 days, so be sure to join in the celebration.

That makes it sound like the rise rogether event signifies the start of the celebration & that the double drops run for the duration. I didn't spend any energy before checking the forums because I'm starting to expect this kind of thing, so I wasn't affected. That doesn't change the fact that they were unclear in their messaging & it resulted in a negative experience for other players though.
  • Instead to get something cool for the celb of 40 years SW we got broken and worthless events. That have almost nothing to do with the spirit of SW. Broken cantina events and overpriced and scammy packs. Well done!!! Are you hiring? I want to join your awesome Team!!!
  • Epic fail.
  • Broulan
    374 posts Member
    Gucci wrote: »
    Clearly a newsletter and in-game pop up stating double drops active actually means they are not
    As much as I dislike taking the sarcastic route I must agree... I would've used the energy refresh I used anyways, but it is obvious to see how the banner saying: "enjoy double drops on the 13th!" would be disappointing when it is the 13th and double drops were clearly not in effect.

Typically you want to launch the double drops *slightly* before the notification. And testing an event that kicks you out before it even starts is always good too.

Good luck CG dev members! Seems as though you have your work cut out for you!
  • another Credit Heist as "apology" today and we all love you
    Alliance Leader and Leader of DeathStarVentDesigners - Discord App: Kelthuzad#5528

DeathStarVentDesigners | DeathStarPortDesigners | DeathStarDelinquents | DeathStarRebelWranglers | DeathStarDarkKnights | DeathStarReactorDesigners | DeathStarGermanOrder | DeathStarHumanResources | Aussie Battlers | Terra
  • Sordyn
    37 posts Member
    @Grumpygeek No one forced to you level/gear your Phoenix squad, it's your choice whether you want to participate in the event or not.
  • Artimus wrote: »
    Yeah that's not happening (double drops) just like the rise together event seems to have fallen on its behind...

Epic fail!

Let's hope it's a sign of Epic Compensation to follow!
  • Nobig deal, **** happens... thanks for trying to fix things up and it's only a game :)
  • CG_RyDiggs wrote: »
    UPDATE 2 AM 4/13 PST

Unfortunately, we will be removing the Event, Packs and all related messaging until further notice.

@DatBoi It says packs too...
  • @CG_RyDiggs I did the client restart but the Phoenix squad packs are still available...

It doesn't matter much. The average player won't spend 2 bucks per shard anyway.
This discussion has been closed.