OFFICIAL: Rise Together Event: RETURN!

Replies

• _JB_
    68 posts Member
    Options
    Its been so long since they did a double drop event they forgot how to do it. :D
  • Options
    There's a reason why so many are more worried about the 5 days of double drops than they are about the new fleet ships in the event. It's because the drop rate we had forever doesn't exist anymore. Some might say it doesn't exist period. And that wouldn't be far from the truth after you spend 150 energy and get 1 shard.
    After reading the event notice. I went straight to the Cantina to see if "Double Drops" had started. But there wasn't a 2 under any items in the nods. When you see the number 2 under the items, that's when you know double drops is active.
  • Options
    Yogi wrote: »
    wmplanet wrote: »
    For those who missed the newsletter

Us9ppJB.jpg

And for those trying to twist themselves around it - imagine buying a ticket to an event that says "welcome to our celebrations, there will be singing, dancing and free beer !" and then when you turn up there is no singing, no dancing, no beer ... and a bunch of people saying well it only said there " will" be ... aha it didn't say it was now.

Sorry folks no excuses. At least EA have pulled it, but comp is in order.

They being EA owes you nothing. The sooner the masses understand that and get the sand out of their vag the better. A game event on a free game didn't work out of the gate. Big whoop. Cowboy up and deal with it. Or go suckle on your momma and ask her to make it all better.

Lol. Well said.
  • Options
    same here, I've wasted all my crystals on energy and my credits on the Phoenix squad... getting at least the crystals back would be the minimum. A Credit Heist would make-up for the wasted $$$ and the disappointment.
  • JANX
    16 posts Member
    Options
    Sooo... Since this threat was opened, - nothing?
    I`m wasting my energy here.. every minute is a waste.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Yogi wrote: »
    wmplanet wrote: »
    For those who missed the newsletter

Us9ppJB.jpg

And for those trying to twist themselves around it - imagine buying a ticket to an event that says "welcome to our celebrations, there will be singing, dancing and free beer !" and then when you turn up there is no singing, no dancing, no beer ... and a bunch of people saying well it only said there " will" be ... aha it didn't say it was now.

Sorry folks no excuses. At least EA have pulled it, but comp is in order.

They being EA owes you nothing. The sooner the masses understand that and get the sand out of their vag the better. A game event on a free game didn't work out of the gate. Big whoop. Cowboy up and deal with it. Or go suckle on your momma and ask her to make it all better.

+1 for you my good sir.
  • Options
    For all those complaining, it must be nice to be a perfect saint that never makes a single mistake. I thank you for gracing us mortals with your godly presence.

On real note, nobody owes you anything. They have already stated that they were doing all they could to get the event out later this day(13th). The ship event will still happen. Nobody "wasted" anything. Smoke a joint and calm down people.
  • Options
    The good thing is that we have more time to prepare our Phoenix squad.

• Options
    The team worked on identifying this issue late last night and will be working on it throughout the day. We'll update you with information once we know more. We're very sorry for the delay in the event and double drops, we know you've been waiting for them.
    Community Manager for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes | Follow me on Twitter - Darokaz
  • Options
    The good thing is that we have more time to prepare our Phoenix squad.

At least that's something ;)
  • Options
    **** happens..
    Thee are so maby if us playing and loving the game... thanks for the hard work and for making such a great game available.
    My real problem with it is my addiction to it! Lol
  • Options
    To me, i would have thought the Phoenix event and double drops would be two separate issues, and that the latter would be the easier problem to fix first, and have that update pushed out first. Tbh, at the risk of speaking for others, i would have thought people care more about the double drops than upgrading their 3* Phoenix toons for the event.
  • Options
    CG_RyDiggs wrote: »
    UPDATE 2 AM 4/13 PST

Greetings Heroes,

We apologize for the unexpected behavior in the Rise Together event. We've identified the issue, however, we want to take more time to ensure the event is ready for all of you.

Unfortunately, we will be removing the Event, Packs and all related messaging until further notice.

We (likely @CG_Kozispoon :smile: ) will be posting tomorrow with updates on the event as we move forward.

Thank you all again VERY much for all your passion and support for !

RyDiggs

ORIGINAL POST
    Hello all,

We're sorry that some of you are experiencing difficulty getting into the Rise Together event.
    Some of you may be getting cycled out of the game.

We're working to resolve the issue. As always, we appreciate your patience and support!

Double Drop CLARIFICATION:
    Drops are currently normal cost with normal drop rates, exactly as they are listed within the game.
    When and if that changes, you will be notified in game exactly as we have done for you in the past.

Per our messaging there WILL BE Double drops activated. When we activate that portion of the event, we will notify all players in game. Stay tuned!. :smiley:
    UPDATE 2 AM 4/13 PST

Greetings Heroes,

We apologize for the unexpected behavior in the Rise Together event. We've identified the issue, however, we want to take more time to ensure the event is ready for all of you.

Unfortunately, we will be removing the Event, Packs and all related messaging until further notice.

We (likely @CG_Kozispoon :smile: ) will be posting tomorrow with updates on the event as we move forward.

RyDiggs

ORIGINAL POST
    Hello all,

We're sorry that some of you are experiencing difficulty getting into the Rise Together event.

We're working to resolve the issue. As always, we appreciate your patience and support!

Drops are currently normal cost with normal drop rates, exactly as they are listed within the game.
    When and if that changes, you will be notified in game exactly as we have done for you in the past.

Per our messaging there WILL BE Double drops activated. When we activate that portion of the event, we will notify all players in game. Stay tuned!. :smiley:

Can you refund my 10 pound purchase for the character I needed to participate in event then please?
    518 posts Member
    Options
    Can't wait for the 500 free cristal pack ! (kidding, just in case someone turn into fire).
  • Yogi
    907 posts Member
    Options
    UPDATE 2 AM 4/13 PST

Greetings Heroes,

RyDiggs

ORIGINAL POST
    Hello all,

UPDATE 2 AM 4/13 PST

Greetings Heroes,

RyDiggs

ORIGINAL POST
    Hello all,

Can you refund my 10 pound purchase for the character I needed to participate in event then please?

See my earlier post.
  • Options
    They made a mistake. It happens. I'm sure they'll make it right. They're not United Airlines after all.

I do think a crystal reward for the problem is a reasonable expectation though.
  • Options
    UPDATE 2 AM 4/13 PST

Greetings Heroes,

RyDiggs

ORIGINAL POST
    Hello all,

UPDATE 2 AM 4/13 PST

Greetings Heroes,

RyDiggs

ORIGINAL POST
    Hello all,

They won't, the event hasn't been cancelled it has been postponed - you still need that character, just slightly later
  • Options
    Its sad that some complain about this
  • DarthRahl
    39 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    No worries. More time to boost my squad.

Even if I'm the only person in my guild... since everyone's picky and won't join... sad face
  • _JB_
    68 posts Member
    Options
    Jesse do you at least have someone to help clear away all the empty Red Bull cans. :D
  • Options
    Not sure about everyone else, but I'd prefer devs priority go to getting double drops up. Delaying the event a day or two is no big deal but we've been saving cantina energy for double drops.
  • Options
    DarthRahl wrote: »
    No worries. More time to boost my squad.

Even if I'm the only person in my guild... since everyone's picky and won't join... sad face

You can't be serious...what's the point of playing?
  • Options
    vessaharja wrote: »
    Double drops will cover mod challenges? YES or NO ?
    @CG_RyDiggs

I don't have that data in front of me, however, I'll get an answer to @CG_Kozispoon for you tomorrow.
    are they cantina nodes only, or does it include mods?

Cantina nodes only (FOR NOW)

• Chun
    52 posts Member
    Options
    Jesus so much tears, all you had to do was look at the rewards in the cantina battles to see it was only showing one shard. The intelligence on this forums is taking a nose dive.
  • Options
    I can't believe the complaints, everyone knows software and networks sometimes have issues.

It's not like you bought Catina energy and CG called some rent a cops to beat you up and drag you out to the curb with your head bleeding then say it was your fault for expecting something after you paid for it.
  • Zolaz
    392 posts Member
    Options
    Happy Star Wars Celebration, guys!!! Woo Hoo!!! No cake or party, but you can have all fun you normally have. Just for you, you get a specially hard node12 GW today. Congrats!!
  • Options
    UPDATE 2 AM 4/13 PST

RyDiggs

So are we gonna have to wait another 24 hours to get an explanation on what the heck is going on?

• Options
    A lot of the devs are probably sleeping right now. Wait a few hours, then complain.
  • Options
    OMG the stress the devs must have now ;)
  • Options
    rcohen19 wrote: »
    A lot of the devs are probably sleeping right now. Wait a few hours, then complain.

Yeah, I suppose waking up early and expecting a 'normal' event was my fault anyway.
This discussion has been closed.