Post edited by BentWookiee on
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Plokoon187 wrote: »
    Obi1_son wrote: »
    Gaintrain wrote: »
    Wasted 100 Crystals for nothing, thanks CG!!! :)

So the energy you bought can't be used? 120 cantina energy will still yield shards. Will it not?

Some of you should really start taking responsibility for your own **** actions.

Why are people attacking other players instead of the culprit of the misinformation. Stand together as a community and expect a better product /customer service.

Agree completely. This is on EA/CG's shoulders.
    Don't blame others who were following misleading info. I personally haven't spent cantina energy betond completing dailies to save up a ton for this. I am ready for double drops when it arrives. I am waiting for Vizzini. Yes its my choice, but the info was horrible.

The information wasn't "misleading" - they intended to do the event and the double drops. There was a glitch/bug. People were having all kinds of problems - so they withdrew the event until they could fix it. It's a simple mistake . People wanting to either rake CG/EA over the coals or start blaming anyone else or demanding...well, pretty much anything - are being short sighted and unfair. We've all made mistakes - the devs are going to try attempt to fix it ASAP - which was stated just a few hours ago (by EA Jesse in this thread).

Well, I partly agree. I don't blame them for the event not working. But that was separate from the drop rates, and the announcement plainly said they would start with the event. They should never have announced the drop rates without turning them on. That's the only thing I find them genuinely guilty of this time out.

As I said above (and I don't know this to be true) - the two could have been tied to a single update. When they realized the event didn't work correctly, they could have simply rolled back to the previous version and will either fix the event or possibly roll out the double drop portion today.

Keep in mind the update went live (and then was quickly pulled) at about midnight the developers time.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    In the end, the event will be available once they work out the issues. It isn't the end of the world. Even if you spent real money on leveling toons, gear, etc. You will still be able to use them. It just might be tomorrow or August. In the end, the event will be here eventually. The 20-30 minutes it will take to auto the event or even do the battles I am sure we can all use to be more productive in life.

Also, usually when there are issues you get rewarded. EA/CG usually throws out some free crystals or Chewie shards.
  • Options
    I understand your frustration @Areceni I'm mainly talking about the people that are completely trashing EA today. And yes, I agree that communication could be much better.
  • Options
    The double drops will be available when the raid ticket counts are fixed....
  • Drax_77
    1076 posts Member
    Options
    WVT77 wrote: »
    Absolutely @Drax_77 it's funny to hear grown men crying about a video game. I think EA is providing us a great product. This is the only mobile game I've ever been this addicted to.

I've never played a mobil game longer than 2 weeks, I've logged in every day and got my 600 for 6+ months here, I guess they are doing something right. So a couple of events got pushed back, so there was a delay on a major update, but why release stuff with known bugs? I don't spend so it really doesn't bother me if stuff gets pushed back. It's a great game overall imo, sure some things could ve fixed or changed but what game is perfect?
  • ABNRAS
    564 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    This forum is a constant reminder of how many irrational people exist in the world.
  • Options
    WVT77 wrote: »
    I understand your frustration @Areceni I'm mainly talking about the people that are completely trashing EA today. And yes, I agree that communication could be much better.

While I agree that there are a lot of people losing their mind who should probably calm it down a notch or 15; I absolutely understand where they are coming from. This isn't the only EA mobile game I've played, and Madden never had these problems. I've only been playing for about 6 months, and I'm already at my breaking point with the numerous failed events and updates, and I'm completely done w/ the devs who can't communicate. I don't know if they just don't employ enough people to get the job done, or if the people they have hired just aren't good at their jobs. But either way, it's very clear to me after only 6 months that the team they have in place is not equipped to get the job done properly. I can't imagine how upset I would be if I had been playing this game for 18 months of this. And everyone blaming other players for taking official communication from EA in game at face value are much worse than the people who are justifiably upset about the umpteenth software fail. I shouldn't have to check the forums to know if the thing that I was promised was going to happen by the in game newsletter, is actually going to happen.
  • Options
    If you've been playing games more than 3 days bugs happen. I haven't played a game yet where a bug issue hasn't arisen. I remember EQ being shut down for weeks once. Its part of it and EA has a good history of compensating when compared with some other game companies. People need to chill and give them half a minute to decide what they want to do.

And for the record even more Chewie shards will give me enough to buy another 30 Krennic from the shard shop so its all good. If however, you really want to make me smile, send me some Advanced Tie Shards and some dang stun guns and cuffs - or a 7* Krennic to go with my DT (;.

And hey you Chewie haters...Chewie is good if you team him up right. I wipe pigs with him tanking in Heroic Pit and if that dang rancor would quit eating him he could probably take the pounding he dishes out as well.
  • Options
    Areceni wrote: »
    To everyone saying, "Oh well, mistakes happen, everyone needs to stop being upset." That might be a valid statement the first time an event or update didn't work as planned. Maybe even the second time, but I've been playing this game since November of 2016, and not 1 major update and several events have not worked in that time. There has also been unbelievably poor communication from the devs each and every time. When are the double drops happening? Well we don't know. When were they supposed to start? Well, we don't know. Does this remind anyone else of the QoL update? I'm a software designer, so I have more sympathy than most for bugs, but EA/CG is well past my threshold for tolerance or understanding on this front. They have almost never delivered on their promises on time, or without some kind of issue. And the ridiculous lack of clear communication is unacceptable regardless. I for one will not be spending another dime on this game until the devs get their **** together, and if you are tired of this, you should do the same. At the end of the day, the only thing EA/CG cares about is the money we give them. If we stopped giving them money, they would fix these problems to get us to spend again. It really is that simple.

Wow! Since November 2016 you say... You must be so good right now!?

I'm honestly not sure if you're just complaining for the sake of complaining or just to put your "I'm with stupid" T's on & herd with the rest of the cattle!?

I've been play for quite some time myself (I've put money into the game as well but no where near as much as even a dolphin) & can truly say that for one of the best FREE mobile games out there, you're bound to get a few bugs here & there. For the quality of product & the way we as a FREE GAME player base have gotten so much for almost nothing, for them to slip up on occation is perfectly expectable. Stop getting your nickers in a knot over trivial things.

In no way was this event game breaking. If you didn't notice after doing a few nodes of Cantina that you weren't getting double drops (or as some have said, seeing it in the rewards section of the node, which I too never saw or even thought of), you were to blame for going balls to the wall on that node & waisting that ever precious cantina energy or crystals, not EA.

As mentioned in the thread topic, it's postponed... & if by chance it's removed completely, things will be dealt with accordingly, I.e. Refunds or compensation. Be patient!
  • Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Options
    Good morni-
    fire_community.gif

Teams rolling in- including those who worked well into the twilight hours pulling the event until it could be properly addressed by the whole team. Appreciate your patience as it's looked into!
    Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
  • Taramel
    601 posts Member
    Options
    Good morni-
    fire_community.gif

Teams rolling in- including those who worked well into the twilight hours pulling the event until it could be properly addressed by the whole team. Appreciate your patience as it's looked into!

Is it wrong that I sometimes look forward to problems JUST to see @CG_Kozispoon responses..... they are always spot on with his GIF's
  • Options
    Good morni-
    fire_community.gif

Good morning!

Can we expect the ship event short term or is it going to be a longer wait?

• Me2
    123 posts Member
    Options
    Cheers! Understand these things happen, apologies for all the whingers, guess it just goes to show how much they love this game.
  • Options
    Good morni-
    fire_community.gif

What?? I mean.. How do you even come out with those gifs? Maaan.. they're awesome!
  • Options
    Can the event/double drop be pushed out to a more predictable time/date? I know that you don't have an updated go live time but pushing it will allow us to better manage our Cantina Energy expenditures while we wait. If it drops later today then I'm happy I saved energy. If it drops on Saturday then I'm less happy.

Apologies if this has already been addressed in the hundreds of replies but I just didn't have time to read them all.
  • Calbear949
    839 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    In no way was this event game breaking. If you didn't notice after doing a few nodes of Cantina that you weren't getting double drops (or as some have said, seeing it in the rewards section of the node, which I too never saw or even thought of), you were to blame for going balls to the wall on that node & waisting that ever precious cantina energy or crystals, not EA.

As mentioned in the thread topic, it's postponed... & if by chance it's removed completely, things will be dealt with accordingly, I.e. Refunds or compensation. Be patient!

I agree that it is not ground breaking but a lot of people did spend crystal/energy based upon multiple announcements that EA made. This is not even to account for the purported translational issues about the double drop.

I was not in the game for the last double drop so I had no idea what to look for. I assumed that the double rate would simply be factored in. I sim 5 tries at a time at got 2 shards the first three tries and then nothing for the next three times...not sure how exactly I was supposed to know.

I don't mind bugs and issues and the admins seem like they are working on it. I do think that compensation is in order.
  • Options
    I never said ground breaking... "Game breaking".

As for the rest of what you said. I suggest you read my post again. @Calbear949
  • Options
    I never said ground breaking... "Game breaking".

As for the rest of what you said. I suggest you read my post again. @Calbear949

I read it...and I am in somewhat agreement with you. Just adding my 2 cents.
  • Spyda
    318 posts Member
    Options
    After reading through 11 pages of comments and/or complaints, here are my 2 cents...

- A lot of people (including myself) woke up this morning expecting that the event and double drops would be live (because for awhile now you have been advertising that this would be the case) and proceeded to drop all of our Cantina energy (along with 2 refreshes) only to be disappointed by results similar to any other day.

- Many have argued that it's our own fault for not checking the possible rewards prior to spending the energy. The problem with this argument is that many of us (myself included) only recently started playing the game and had no reason to believe that the 'possible rewards' would say anything other then what it has always said. To us double drop could just as easily meant that the 33.3% chance to drop a shard becomes a 66.6% chance. (at least that was my assumption).

- I'm glad that you have removed any misleading messages from popping up in-game, that is certainly a step in the right direction, but many of us were already mislead (by all of the prior announcements) to believe that the changes would be live as of this morning. Could you potentially add temporary in-game announcement to let players know to wait a bit before spending energy?

- I'm all about supporting great companies, but my budget is such that I have to be very picky when it comes to in-game purchases. However when I saw that the event was missing I was confused and made the assumption that I had to own all 6 phoenix characters in order to gain access to the event (I was only missing Herra). Since I just hit 60 yesterday, I was looking forward to potentially adding the 2 new phoenix ships to my very limited fleet. So when the event wasn't there, and I saw that all of the character packs were, I made the foolish assumption that I had to purchase Herra in order for the event to even show up. It was only after I had done so (and found the event still missing) that I turned to the internet for answers. This last part may be a moot point because I'll probably still end up needed her for the event anyway, but if not... well then I hope you can understand my frustration.

Now don't get me wrong, I love this game, and I think y'all are doing a wonderful job. I am a programmer by trade so believe me when I say that I understand what y'all are dealing with, and tip my hat to everything that y'all have done so far. My comment isn't intended as a complaint, only an attempt to add a voice to the frustrations being felt right now by many of your players. If anything can be done to reverse the mistakes that were made in ignorance by many of us this morning, then that would be wonderful; but if not, then understand that we still love your game and appreciate all of the hard work that y'all are doing to provide us such a great product.
  • Options

Wow! Since November 2016 you say... You must be so good right now!?
    !

My point which you conveniently left out was that I have only been playing for 6 months and this is the 4th or 5th time issues like this have come up. I have played other EA mobile games for more than a year and had 0 issues like this. While I love SW and this game is fun, I have spent real money on this game, and therefore expect professional standards from the team in charge of it. If the game was truly free (as in, there was no way to spend money on it at all) then this sort of thing would be totally acceptable, but it's not actually a "free" game for most of us, and we have every reason hold EA to higher standards than this. And I didn't spend a single point of cantina energy today, but if you can't see that the abysmal communication on the cantina drops is a problem, then either you work for EA or are just nuts.
  • McBee
    228 posts Member
    Options
    giphy.gif

Failed launch forgiven with a 4 attempt double credit heist....
  • Options
    Spyda wrote: »
    , I made the foolish assumption that I had to purchase Herra in order for the event to even show up. It was only after I had done so (and found the event still missing) that I turned to the internet for answers. This last part may be a moot point because I'll probably still end up needed her for the event anyway, but if not... well then I hope you can understand my frustration.

You will absolutely need her for one of the ships -- even if you get the blueprints, you won't be able to activate the ship without her.
  • Options
    Bored Now.
  • Options
    I hate to be that guy, but I'm dying here looking at all the people who are posting about having spent loads of crystals on cantina energy because of the double drops that were supposed to be happening. Were you not paying attention to the actual rewards you were getting?

Never, never, NEVER trust an update to go without a hitch. I feel bad for you guys, but not for the reasons you guys feel bad for yourselves.
  • Options

And therefore have no staff for when things go wrong

The event went live at 1am CST here in the US. They probably had one junior employee sitting there reading a comic book and pounding Red Bull when the red alarm bell on the top of his monitor started going nuts. I'm sure a phone call was made to some sleepy supervisor who told him to pull it and chill, they'd fix it in the morning after a few pots of coffee and assorted pastries were mowed down at the morning meeting.
  • Options
    Drax_77 wrote: »
    It is what it is, we are all human and make mistakes, I'd rather wait for it to be properly working than have a buggy event. I feel lucky they give events as often as they do these days, I rather enjoy them. I even played tier 2 and 3 of the chopper event every day I could.

Funny thing is that they have these issues every update. Everytime something goes wrong. But like everytime
  • Naw
    969 posts Member
    Options
    Liath wrote: »
    Naw wrote: »
    Jim17547 wrote: »
    Give it a rest dude.

It's like going to a GW node, seeing opponents with specific gear levels, then facing them in battle where the gear levels are anything but what you see and not knowing which is true.

Huh?

Check the gear levels shown yourself, seems to be a visual bug during actual battle.
  • Spyda
    318 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    MCThr33pio wrote: »
    I hate to be that guy, but I'm dying here looking at all the people who are posting about having spent loads of crystals on cantina energy because of the double drops that were supposed to be happening. Were you not paying attention to the actual rewards you were getting?

Never, never, NEVER trust an update to go without a hitch. I feel bad for you guys, but not for the reasons you guys feel bad for yourselves.

How can you even justify that comment? Rewards (double or not) are based on RNG. You talk like you've never gotten hosed by RNG before. Have you ever dropped 120 cantina energy only to get 0 shards? You can't determine whether or not double rewards are in effect based on the results of 360 energy expenditure. Abysmal results could easily just be the result of getting hosed by RNG.

If you're referring to people not checking to see if the shard count under the 'possible rewards' section shows 2 or not, then you are making the very poor assumption that newer players are supposed to know that that number will actually change
This discussion has been closed.