OFFICIAL: Rise Together Event: RETURN!

Replies

• Calbear949 wrote: »
    Calbear949 wrote: »
    FroggyTaco wrote: »

As a side note these 12 pages here & on Reddit makes me wonder if future game details like this will not be released to avoid this type of backlash because if they didn't announce it nobody would/could be upset about something they weren't aware of.

Yep. Everyone cries and moans if the devs don't give a heads up on the exact date/time things will happen, but if the devs do, and then miss it for whatever reason, everyone cries and moans about that.

TBF...this thread is about the game so not sure where else one discuss these issues. I mean #firstworldproblem is always an issue.

This is a third world problem btw Im connecting from the slums of Naboo

Does Naboo even have slums?

Just down the street from the Palpatine residence

But still no sand.
  • And since when is ****. a word that needs editing out? Especially if I'm referring to myself! Some ppl need to get over themselves, seriously.
  • Yogi wrote: »
    wmplanet wrote: »
    For those who missed the newsletter

Us9ppJB.jpg

And for those trying to twist themselves around it - imagine buying a ticket to an event that says "welcome to our celebrations, there will be singing, dancing and free beer !" and then when you turn up there is no singing, no dancing, no beer ... and a bunch of people saying well it only said there " will" be ... aha it didn't say it was now.

Sorry folks no excuses. At least EA have pulled it, but comp is in order.

They being EA owes you nothing. The sooner the masses understand that and get the sand out of their vag the better. A game event on a free game didn't work out of the gate. Big whoop. Cowboy up and deal with it. Or go suckle on your momma and ask her to make it all better.

Cowboy up hahaha hahaha. Hahaha hahaha ! No Broke Back for me thanks! ****
  • Begin11 wrote: »
    Can we get a timeframe at least for double drop? My energy is stacked since yesterday... I am wasting energy right now.

Brother! How mad are you that you didnt get drunk at the cantina last night? Surely you cant be as mad as them who spent?

Wouldn't say I am mad. Just a bit annoyed by the constant lack of communication. I am glad I checked the shard icons before spending my energy tho.

• Holy hell relax people it's only a game. Just be happy there are special events. I know I won't lose sleep over it, neither should you. Or you need to reevaluate your life lol.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    StarSon wrote: »
    Spyda wrote: »
    How can you even justify that comment? Rewards (double or not) are based on RNG. You talk like you've never gotten hosed by RNG before. Have you ever dropped 120 cantina energy only to get 0 shards? Guess what, 0 x 2 = 0. You can't determine whether or not double rewards are in effect based on the results of 360 energy expenditure. Abysmal results could just as easily by you getting hosed by RNG, just as it is any other day.

If you're referring to people not checking to see if the shard count under the 'possible rewards' section shows 2 or not, then you are making the very poor assumption that newer players are supposed to know that that number will actually change

Double drops aren't just shards. Cantina currency is a set amount every time you do the node. It's easy to tell if that is doubled or not.

Is there something to indicate that to be the case? Drops for me meant shards...everything else is basically ancillary results.
    Double drops aren't just shards. Cantina currency is a set amount every time you do the node. It's easy to tell if that is doubled or not.

That's a valid argument, but I've only been playing since mid-March, and up until this point I working under the assumption that double drop rates only applied to shards. There really hasn't been anything to tell us otherwise. EA has not been very specific about what it means, and the only thing anyone in the forums talk about are the shards.

Also agree...drops to me means shards and the ability mats, both of which are dictated by RNG. Everything else seems like ancillary benefits based upon the level of node you are farming at and not dictated by RNG.

Double Drops always doubles everything but XP and Crystals.

Considering this is my first double drop event, not sure how I am supposed to know that. All the discussion on the forums previously were about shards.

My primary point was to those who have been through this before and still are acting like it's the end of the world or that EA/CG did it to "trick" or "mislead" people. I certainly understand the frustration of new people who refreshed and didn't realize double drops were not in effect. I also know that EA/CG will likely do something to make that right. So everyone just relax and sit tight. They're doing the best...even if sometimes, the results are...less than ideal. ;)
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Broulan
    374 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    My primary point was to those who have been through this before and still are acting like it's the end of the world or that EA/CG did it to "trick" or "mislead" people. I certainly understand the frustration of new people who refreshed and didn't realize double drops were not in effect. I also know that EA/CG will likely do something to make that right. So everyone just relax and sit tight. They're doing the best...even if sometimes, the results are...less than ideal. ;)

In before the end of the world... ;) Hey the yoda event should almost be here at least. Jedi noobs like me can have some fun with that!

Edit: @CG_Kozispoon where is the pizza you brought?!? Rabble rabble...
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    M9silent wrote: »
    @CG_Kozispoon @CG_RyDiggs @EA_Jesse

Thanks for all the updates. Really appreciate the communication here, and the fact that you guys are working so hard to fix the issue and deliver us the event.

I, for one, am really looking forward to the Ghost and Phantom 2 event. Thanks again for all the hard work!

Who are you to come here and post like an adult and be all nice? You should be ashamed of yourself.
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Always check that rewards are doubled before spending energy. How many times do you get announcements on things being open (events) when it's still hours or days away?
  • Calbear949 wrote: »
    FroggyTaco wrote: »

As a side note these 12 pages here & on Reddit makes me wonder if future game details like this will not be released to avoid this type of backlash because if they didn't announce it nobody would/could be upset about something they weren't aware of.

Yep. Everyone cries and moans if the devs don't give a heads up on the exact date/time things will happen, but if the devs do, and then miss it for whatever reason, everyone cries and moans about that.

TBF...this thread is about the game so not sure where else one discuss these issues. I mean #firstworldproblem is always an issue.

This is a third world problem btw Im connecting from the slums of Naboo

Does Naboo even have slums?

Just down the street from the Palpatine residence

But still no sand.

No sand brother
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    How can you even justify that comment? Rewards (double or not) are based on RNG. You talk like you've never gotten hosed by RNG before. Have you ever dropped 120 cantina energy only to get 0 shards? Guess what, 0 x 2 = 0. You can't determine whether or not double rewards are in effect based on the results of 360 energy expenditure. Abysmal results could just as easily by you getting hosed by RNG, just as it is any other day.

If you're referring to people not checking to see if the shard count under the 'possible rewards' section shows 2 or not, then you are making the very poor assumption that newer players are supposed to know that that number will actually change

Is there something to indicate that to be the case? Drops for me meant shards...everything else is basically ancillary results.

That's a valid argument, but I've only been playing since mid-March, and up until this point I working under the assumption that double drop rates only applied to shards. There really hasn't been anything to tell us otherwise. EA has not been very specific about what it means, and the only thing anyone in the forums talk about are the shards.

Also agree...drops to me means shards and the ability mats, both of which are dictated by RNG. Everything else seems like ancillary benefits based upon the level of node you are farming at and not dictated by RNG.

Considering this is my first double drop event, not sure how I am supposed to know that. All the discussion on the forums previously were about shards.

Less than ideal... pfft.. naboo is about to riot
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »

Agreed...although I don't think anyone is saying that EA tricked or misled people.
  • Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Broulan wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

In before the end of the world... ;) Hey the yoda event should almost be here at least. Jedi noobs like me can have some fun with that!

Edit: @CG_Kozispoon where is the pizza you brought?!? Rabble rabble...

1478630923-eating.gif
    Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
  • RAYRAY wrote: »
    M9silent wrote: »
    @CG_Kozispoon @CG_RyDiggs @EA_Jesse

Thanks for all the updates. Really appreciate the communication here, and the fact that you guys are working so hard to fix the issue and deliver us the event.

I, for one, am really looking forward to the Ghost and Phantom 2 event. Thanks again for all the hard work!

Who are you to come here and post like an adult and be all nice? You should be ashamed of yourself.

Lol! This forum is not the place for mature polite answers... xD I'm sure this has been a though day for the devs already. Wish them well :)
    SWGOH.gg profile - Our guild, 3720 to 1, has 1 spot open! [49/50].
  • Begin11 wrote: »
    Can we get a timeframe at least for double drop? My energy is stacked since yesterday... I am wasting energy right now.

You are given 120 Cantina energy for free every 24 hours so that's a 1 refresh right there. I would say going forward that you don't hoard energy because life happens or accept it & move on. They will have a timeframe once it's fixed & ready to be deployed.

It would foolish to attempt to announce anything prior to it actually being live or being uploaded to be live at this point.
  • Have a little fun. Laugh a little
  • It seems to me that the double drops usually start late in the day or into the evening. Then everyone is upset because they spent all their energy already for that day.
  • It's not the end of the world. Get over it. Go and spend some quality time with your loved ones.

Sorry...but why does it need to be the end of the world? Shouldn't people not have some outlet to express their frustration and annoyance?
  • It's not the end of the world. Get over it. Go and spend some quality time with your loved ones.

It's more about people spending money on something and it being faulty or not working as advertised. That's an issue and is unethical and if you think it's okay then you continue to accept mediocrity, I sir will not.
    Some of the brightest ideas are the hardest to see
  • They said double drops would start on the 13th. The never said they were live. Every single double drop event started about 2-3 hours from now and there was a client restart.

If you spent all your cantina enery without looking at the rewards, then that's on you for being dumb.

They will give a notice once it goes live, and it will run for 5 24 hour periods so everyone has the same amount of time with it live. Relax. I don't understand how after so many double drop events, people still don't get it. It will follow the pattern of the previous.. Every time.
  • The only thing I'm irritated about, and purely for selfish reasons, is people who weren't ready for the Phoenix event could potentially catch up and get ready for it when I was all prepared at the time it was supposed to run. Delayed double drops are not bugging me at all.

Just a minor annoyance for me. And now I'm over it.

• They said double drops would start on the 13th. The never said they were live. Every single double drop event started about 2-3 hours from now and there was a client restart.

If you spent all your cantina enery without looking at the rewards, then that's on you for being dumb.

They will give a notice once it goes live, and it will run for 5 24 hour periods so everyone has the same amount of time with it live. Relax. I don't understand how after so many double drop events, people still don't get it. It will follow the pattern of the previous.. Every time.

Except they actually had an in-game announcement that the Phoenix event is up and that the double drop is happening. Also...this was many people's first double drop event.
  • benacrow
    2700 posts Member
    They said double drops would start on the 13th. The never said they were live. Every single double drop event started about 2-3 hours from now and there was a client restart.

Not to mention that it wasn't actually cantina battle double drops that will be going live for 5 days anyways...

So with regards to the double drops "in the Cantina", the devs refer to the game interface as 'the Cantina' while they refer to the orange energy nodes as 'cantina battles' (notice the capitalized Cantina in the pop-up message). So while it seems like it said we will have 5 days of cantina double drops, it really means that over these 5 days, we'll have different areas of the game experience double drops (likely LS hard, DS hard, GW, and cantina battles).
    FN 2187, Mighty Chlorians (spelt with a lowercase l not a capital I): Heroic AAT Guide, The Gear Grind
  • Zolaz
    392 posts Member
    Demonic-Hordes.jpg
  • benacrow
    2700 posts Member
    @scuba @StarSon in response to your responses in that closed thread, Kozi's clarification message was clarifying where the double drops using orange cantina energy will be. He said 'cantina nodes only' with respect to cantina energy use, meaning that it will not be used in mod challenges; just with cantina nodes only.

There is no confirmation that double drops will be 'only in cantina battles' for 5 days, and the pop-up in-game says "double drops in the Cantina" as opposed to "double drops in cantina battles".
    FN 2187, Mighty Chlorians (spelt with a lowercase l not a capital I): Heroic AAT Guide, The Gear Grind
  • Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
    @Zolaz Stahp. You're making it too real.
    Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
  • benacrow
    2700 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    @CG_Kozispoon is this a correct explanation of the double drops in the 'Cantina', as opposed to 'cantina battles'? People think cantina battles were going to get a double drop, and my fatty fingers are getting tired of typing the same thing over and over again :sweat_smile::sweat:

With regards to the double drops "in the Cantina", the devs refer to the game interface as 'the Cantina' while they refer to the orange energy nodes as 'cantina battles' (notice the capitalized Cantina in the pop-up message).

So while it seems like it said we will have 5 days of cantina double drops, it really means that over these 5 days, we'll have different areas of the game, or the Cantina, experience double drops (likely LS hard, DS hard, GW, and cantina battles).
  • iN_Enigma
    33 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    @CG_Kozispoon Enable double rewards right away. Leave the event for tomorrow. It will calm down half the masses.

This discussion has been closed.