I am confused by the mood of the forum...

Prev1
I want to say I am confused with the forums. This whole week, people are asking for something new, and when we have got something new, now people are upset that there were too many resources to put into these characters and we can't get them ready for the ships event. So I want to break it into two parts and give my 2 cents (sorry for the long post and I would love your insight):

1) When everyone starts getting bored at the end of the month, I feel this needs to start being expected. The devs do a great job of introducing new content at the beginning of the month, for the whole month! Then it gets a little stale as the month goes on, but then they reintroduce things at the beginning of the next month. But they have to continue with the events till they end, so they may become stale. I'm sure a new raid/jedi Luke type character event will be coming out shortly, but lots of guilds still struggle with HAAT, and this was the time that the Palp and Yoda events first came out. Just have some patience. And they have to keep releasing characters as new content, so I feel like we have to get use to not being able to collect everyone most likely (for most F2P).

2) Not everyone should be able to get these ships if you didn't put time or effort into your Phoenix Squadron. It said at the beginning of the Phoenix events in March to get them ready for April. Many people ignored them because "they weren't going to be meta in arena." Now, with two awesome ships that are going to be huge in Fleet Arena, people are upset that there was no way to get them ready for this event. I personally do not buy it. We have had 2-3 credit heists over the past month, which on average goes out to 15 million credits (two 2.5 mil payouts per heist is average). Then on top of that, all the daily challenges, GW, both raids, and LS and DS battles. That seems like more than enough credits for only 5 of those characters to get to 85 each and get them to a g8 at least and be competitive in the event and maybe unlock the ships.

As many people have said, this game is about resource management and choices. I chose not to put into my phoenix squadron, so why should I be upset that I won't get the ships right away when I made the choice. I think the Devs are doing a great job (even through the hiccups with the event and Cantina drops today) and should keep up the good work!

P.S. If there are people, especially F2P, who SOLELY worked on 5 Phoenix characters for the past month, and could not get them to lvl 85 and at least g8, please comment and let us know. I want to know how much resources have been dumped in and get an idea from you all how you felt about the lead up to the event.

Replies

• Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Almost like the people who use the forums aren't a hive mind.
  • Welcome to the forum! :)

People have a lot of different views on stuff and things, because humans. It's not a bad thing. :)
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Welcome to the forum! :)

People have a lot of different views on stuff and things, because humans. It's not a bad thing. :)

This ^^

Also this is a mild week.

Just remember to keep your pitch fork handy, and at your first enraged mob meeting you need to bring the cookies.
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    I guess different people want different things. They also have different priorities.

One thread doesn't speak for a while whole community.
  • Vampire_X
    1435 posts Moderator
    cbf952f858186c8156fad15e819fc52c.jpg
    Wicked Sith Queen with the Pink Saber
  • @Lebowski1345 you are spot on with your assessment. The key here is that you cannot make everyone happy. People are just going to complain no matter what. They want a character for free, enter Bodhi Rook. "But he is too weak" says the guy who has not used his resources well enough to level and gear him up to truly test him out. Once upon a time that was IG-86 for me. Now he is a big-hitter in HAAT. Go figure...

That having been said @BentWookiee is right, although I do not agree 100% with him. We do all have different views on things, but just b/c someone has an opinion or thinks differently does not make them "right." There are a lot of bad, uneducated/ignorant opinions out there, and I do think that many of these opinions can be a "bad thing." However, we can't do a darn thing about them except refute them and try to educate...
  • My level 1 toons won't be viable? It just said we needed them...not that they be leveled. I'm ubermad now.
  • scuba
    14047 posts Member
    My level 1 toons won't be viable? It just said we needed them...not that they be leveled. I'm ubermad now.

Lol
  • Thanks for the welcome! And I didn't mean to come off judgmental on people or posts and was stating my opinion. I just think that people seem to be getting on the devs cases, and I feel like there should be more appreciation for them and all hard work they do providing a great game. I know there are things that can be worked on and fixed and I enjoy the discussions that are on here, but I just feel like there should be more appreciation. That is just me
  • +1 you catch more flies with honey as the saying goes
  • scuba
    14047 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Banjolero wrote: »
    +1 you catch more flies with honey as the saying goes

ae81a0b9920f65cee032bb1bfa2b5e8b303af55d0aa37ae483288a81eab40c83.jpg
  • ljcool110
    501 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    As someone who has coded hundreds of Websites over the years I can tell you that one tiny character in a Website's thousands of lines of code can screw it all up. I am sure it is quite similar in coding mobile games, however a Website's changes are not needed down to the second (at least not back in the day when that was what I excelled at). This game is constantly moving - I do not envy those guys sitting at a computer trying to figure these things out...
  • Galoopa
    123 posts Member
    Which RNG deity are you sacrificing to, to get 2.5 credit heist average? I apparently need to change mine.
  • Galoopa wrote: »
    Which RNG deity are you sacrificing to, to get 2.5 credit heist average? I apparently need to change mine.

The highest tier of the Credit Heist grants 1.5 to 5 million credits each time I believe.
  • Galoopa
    123 posts Member
    Yeah, I know it can, just that the RNG gods don't like me so I rarely see it.
  • scuba
    14047 posts Member
    ljcool110 wrote: »
    Galoopa wrote: »

The highest tier of the Credit Heist grants 1.5 to 5 million credits each time I believe.

up to
    hqdefault.jpg
  • Galoopa wrote: »

I may or may not have so sacrificial rituals... To get the once in a lifetime 10 mil, the ritual is to horrific for me to do!
  • scuba wrote: »
    ljcool110 wrote: »
    Galoopa wrote: »

up to
    hqdefault.jpg

Yep, been there done that :)

• flux_rono
    2120 posts Member
    Im confused by people here as well, they all say "NO MORE REBELS!!!!!!" but then go and ask for Jedi Luke who is a REBEL
  • Valace21
    90 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    It's funny that everytime there is an uproar there are posts like this one, praising and defending the devs.

So far what have we got, well not a whole heck of a lot really. Since the Krenick event we have got 3* toons that we need to spend a fortune on to get them usable. There are exceptions Nihilus is usable at 4*, but the majority are not.

They took mod packs away and replaced them with some Mr Hyde wannabe, inflated price, no variety and little to no gold and 5 dot mods.

No Yoda style event, bugged Phoenix squadron event, in which we have to spend a fortune on to again get anywhere.

No new content for advanced players since the haat came out, a raid which completely screwed up the guild structure.

I spent on the mod packs by the way, because I couldn't get the mods any other way, because the mods in shipments are way overpriced, and farming mods is impossible.

Double drops for cantina? How about double drops for ya know gear? Yea I would have been excited 4 months ago, but there isn't anything worth farming because they are placing the best characters in hard nodes, they threw Chirrut in fleet shipments making it an impossible choice between that an zetas, and you have to have Chirrut to run anything besides Sith or maybe a QGJ zeta team.

I am pretty disillusioned with this game an I honestly don't know how long I am going to keep playing it.
  • I'd say it's impossible to establish a single mood in the forums.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
    flux_rono wrote: »
    Im confused by people here as well, they all say "NO MORE REBELS!!!!!!" but then go and ask for Jedi Luke who is a REBEL

59249653.jpg
    Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
  • What's confusing about the mood. It's the usual mix of complainers and the I want everything now brigade.
  • The difference in attitudes towards the game in general can be identified by 2 groups.
    Veteran players who...
    1. Heroic Raids
    2. Fighting to maintain top 10, 20 whatever Arena Rank
    3. Maxing the rest of their roster is all that is left to do
    4. Light side/Dark Side, Cantina, GW are just there to provide loot

And new players who...
    1. don't need raid rewards yet
    2. are happy with top 200 Arena Rank
    3. Still enjoying the full content of the game, aren't yet frustrated by the credits/gear/zeta/omega grind
  • Valace21 wrote: »
    It's funny that everytime there is an uproar there are posts like this one, praising and defending the devs.

So far what have we got, well not a whole heck of a lot really. Since the Krenick event we have got 3* toons that we need to spend a fortune on to get them usable. There are exceptions Nihilus is usable at 4*, but the majority are not.

They took mod packs away and replaced them with some Mr Hyde wannabe, inflated price, no variety and little to no gold and 5 dot mods.

No Yoda style event, bugged Phoenix squadron event, in which we have to spend a fortune on to again get anywhere.

No new content for advanced players since the haat came out, a raid which completely screwed up the guild structure.

I spent on the mod packs by the way, because I couldn't get the mods any other way, because the mods in shipments are way overpriced, and farming mods is impossible.

Double drops for cantina? How about double drops for ya know gear? Yea I would have been excited 4 months ago, but there isn't anything worth farming because they are placing the best characters in hard nodes, they threw Chirrut in fleet shipments making it an impossible choice between that an zetas, and you have to have Chirrut to run anything besides Sith or maybe a QGJ zeta team.

I am pretty disillusioned with this game an I honestly don't know how long I am going to keep playing it.

I am not saying this game is perfect, there are things that need to be fixed and there are things that have to be worked on. But we hear about those all the time. Trust me, I have my own list too to see what I would like to see, but overall its a great game.

Yes bugs happen. Last couple times with the bugs though, the compensation was great in my opinion with the crystals. (I was on a break during the chewy shards.) Even if there wasn't compensation for the bug, it gives a lot of people more time to work on their phoenix squadron which are mostly underdeveloped.

As for mods, my opinion is that it would not have mattered either way. People were going to get superior mods, either this way or the original way and we were going to have to deal with it.

They will be coming back with a yoda style event soon, it is coming up on the time they did it for palp.

I think they throw too many things in fleet shipments, but to be upset that churrit went in there? I mean he is a top tier character and zetas create top tier characters/teams, so yes, there should be a choice.

And we came out with HAAT in October/November time. That is only coming up on only month 6 of the raid being active. Most of the player base doesn't have an HAAT roster. Why throw another raid that they won't complete and discourage them from continuing playing?
  • Well, you can't make everyone happy. All you can do is enjoy the game the best you can :)
  • rawman
    685 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Working on Phoenix since 2 days and they're lvl62 and partly G5/6/7. Have enough creds to lvl them to max but won't do so unless needed. Gearing them to at least G7 in the next days and look how they work out. Won't be disappointed if I can't beat all tiers since we won't get 7* ships for sure and I don't plan to work on phoenix pilots afterwards what makes the ships unusable for me in fleet arena anyway.

Edit: Somehow landed in wrong thread. Don't mind me lol
  • JVU420
    429 posts Member
    flux_rono wrote: »

Jedi Luke is a Jedi!
  • Well, you can't make everyone happy. All you can do is enjoy the game the best you can :)

Most confusing thing ever was how people were complaining about the x4 speed. Probably the single best thing to happen to this game... and people still complained.

I gave up on humanity a little more after that one.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Is no one else suspicious that OP is some sort of alien sent to infiltrate the human race or an Amish on Rumspringa?