WhipiT's Endgame PvP Q & A. Ask anything.

Prev13
The current endgame is level 60 so all discussions will revolve around that. It's the same questions over and over on these boards. Usually you get 20 different answers mostly from people in there 40's who haven't even reached endgame and they just regurgitate what they "heard". So continue reading to get advice from someone who is at endgame, has sniped #1 at reset everyday since the launch of the game & spent a lot of $$$ unlocking and gearing up around 80% of available character unlocks. I've tried many different combinations and I will share with you what I have learned. Let's begin.

Can I ever compete with big spenders in arena?
Short answer no. Regardless what people say on these forums some Chrono Card only characters are head & shoulders above any available unlocks. The good news is most are stuck at 4* so it balances out as of right now the farmable characters are hitting 6-7* so low or not at all spenders are able to compete. But there are some big spenders who have chrono only toons at 7 star. Once they reach 60 unless you're a big spender too....you won't win. But that is a very small %. So long answer yes you can compete as a low spender. You just won't be the best. Fair enough.

Who do I unlock first in Arena Shipments?

As someone who has almost all the arena shipment toons unlocked, semi geared and played I can tell you with no doubt Darth Sidious is by far your best option. It's not even close. None of the other characters have as much usefulness. If you try to break into the top tier of arena without Sidious as a low spender I can tell you quickly you won't. Without his heal immunity you will find yourself getting frustrated wasting a whole turn focus firing one toon just for Luminara or Consular to heal all your damage. And good luck killing healers without heal immunity. He is durable, does great damage at 7* and his leadership skill is a shining star when you build crit reliant teams. And crit reliant teams are the strongest teams currently at endgame. Make sense?

Who do I unlock first from Cantina shipments?
Again I have most if not all the toons unlocked from cantina shipments. For endgame PvP there IS NOT a better option than Boba Fett. People complain that he doesn't do a lot of damage and that's true he is no Lando. But guess what? None of the other cantina shipment toons do either. But they don't have an AOE ability block. They dont have a self rez ability aside from Old Daka. But she is basically a free kill currently at endgame. Offensive attackers will target her first everytime. And if they have a solid team will make it 4 vs 5 by the second turn as Old Daka drops like a sack of potatoes. I compete against big hitters at the top and in almost every situation Boba is always left standing and many times has won me the match as the last person left on my team. Seven star him. You won't regret it.

Who should I unlock first from GW shipments?
Luminara. She was a gift from the developers. Powerful attacker with ability block, clutch party heal and she has a special that can crit 5k. Any questions?

What is the best meta to reach the top tiers
I've tried most of them. 4 healers & a DPS. Jedi counter team , 3 healers & 2 DPS, 5 DPS etc etc. The best balance I have found is 3 DPS 1 healer, 1 attacker/healer (Luminara). If you go to healer heavy the DPS teams will roll you because they will pick one healer at a time to FF slowly dwindling your numbers down till your dead. You won't be able to stop them as you won't have the DPS to lower there numbers so every turn 5 DPS are pounding your healers. If you go full DPS team you will struggle with 3 DPS/ 2 healer teams because there DPS will FF one of your toons down while the healers will keep there DPS alive long enough to dwindle your team down. The full Jedi counter team is the best there is if you have them all 7* and your opponent is dumb enough to throw an AOE with all 5 jedi still alive. If they are not all 7 star they are easy to counter by FF one target down at a time. Once they are down to three you can start unloading your AOE's and mopping up the rest. I have fought a full 7* counter team and I can say I don't see it being beat at the moment. But a 4* counter team is manageable consistently with a 3 dps/2 healer team. So in conclusion 3 DPS 1 healer, 1 healer/attacker in my opinion is the best balanced team at the moment.

What are the best characters to have in an endgame arena team?

I honestly don't know. There are so many combinations of characters there isn't a right answer. That's the fun of the game. You build a team of your design stick them in arena and see if they sink or swim. My personal favorite are AOE heavy teams as I am a min/max type of player. Would I rather have one toon that hits one character for 4k or a toon that can hit 5 characters for 3k. Compound 3 AOE characters together and they can disable a team in just the first turn. Personally I would only do a 3 aoe team if one of them is Lando. I say this from experience...Lando is the biggest damage dealer in the game. There isn't a close second. He can drop 15k+ damage in one turn. Any questions?

Feel free to use this thread to ask any and all questions and I or other endgame players will answer as quickly as possible. Do not listen to lower levels advice as they may be able to answer some questions..... without actually competing at the higher levels they can't give you an experienced answer. And when it takes weeks to unlock some characters the wrong choice because you took someones opinion as advice gets frustrating fast. So I and I am sure other endgame players will do our best to help you!!

Replies

• Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Thanks for this thread! I think most people would benefit from knowing what the best second and third choices are from among the farmable characters. E.g. what do you do after Lumi is 7*?
    I'm also curious.. what is there to keep one occupied at level 60 aside from PvP? This is important because basically you don't get significant boosts in crystal rewards unless you are in the top 10. The difference between #21 and #100 is 50 crystals and for most people not worth worrying about.
    Where do you spend YOUR crystals now?
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Have u tried darth maul? Honestly compared to Lando, i fear maul might be hitting much worse dmg lol
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Oh, one more. Is it worth spending 50 crystals to reset the normal shipment timer? I notice now that I regularly am offered sets of 3 purple materials on each reset, sometimes more than one set, and given how many tries it takes to grind these it seems this might not be a bad use of crystals.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • SeroZero wrote: »
    Have u tried darth maul? Honestly compared to Lando, i fear maul might be hitting much worse dmg lol

Maul does hit harder for one AOE. Then he has a 4 turn reset on it. Where Lando outshines Maul is if Landos AOE crits two targets his AOE is instantly reset with an 80% damage increase. And if it continues to crit it is available every turn as the cooldown resets every turn. So he pretty much has a 15k nuke every round. That's money. And 90% of the time out if 5 toons he crits two of them. So its reliable. If not for Lando I wouldnt do as well. He pretty much carries my team.
  • Qeltar wrote: »
    Thanks for this thread! I think most people would benefit from knowing what the best second and third choices are from among the farmable characters. E.g. what do you do after Lumi is 7*?
    I'm also curious.. what is there to keep one occupied at level 60 aside from PvP? This is important because basically you don't get significant boosts in crystal rewards unless you are in the top 10. The difference between #21 and #100 is 50 crystals and for most people not worth worrying about.

I still spend most crystals on energy even as I close in on 60. After level 50 grinding those epic gear parts become your focus as bringing up a toon to the next gear level is a huge power increase. And even at 60 you will want to grind that gear for other toons besides your main crew. So its never ending. I dropped 300 bucks in one night on chrono cards and got the toons I wanted to 5 and 6 star and haven't used the chrono cards since.
  • Qeltar wrote: »
    Oh, one more. Is it worth spending 50 crystals to reset the normal shipment timer? I notice now that I regularly am offered sets of 3 purple materials on each reset, sometimes more than one set, and given how many tries it takes to grind these it seems this might not be a bad use of crystals.

Thats an awesome question! Honestly like chrono cards resetting shipment is a gamble. It may reset and give you three purples or reset and give you all blues that you have 20 of already. Clever design by Capital games.
  • SeroZero
    154 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    WhipiT wrote: »
    SeroZero wrote: »

Maul does hit harder for one AOE. Then he has a 4 turn reset on it. Where Lando outshines Maul is if Landos AOE crits two targets his AOE is instantly reset with an 80% damage increase. And if it continues to crit it is available every turn as the cooldown resets every turn. So he pretty much has a 15k nuke every round. That's money. And 90% of the time out if 5 toons he crits two of them. So its reliable. If not for Lando I wouldnt do as well. He pretty much carries my team.

I beg to differ, why risk waiting for a 2nd turn when you can clear most of the opponents on 1st turn with Darth Maul. Let me borrow Joram's vid for this example (Joram is soft launch arena's resident top spender and usually was the one coming up with the strongest setups like ima-gun-di before global). The opponent he picked for this fight was USSR Gigabyte GoFM, who always frequents the top10 in our arena rankings, so it isn't just a run off the mill lousy opponent, just look at the HP of JC and lumi without Barriss lead. The game was practically his after Darth Maul's first turn. A 5* Darth Maul only mind you, only with Sid lead for buff, now Joram actually uses Poggle to buff him, his crits are now 7-8k per person.
    https://youtu.be/8gC5lJFL5x8
    Can I ever compete with big spenders in arena?
    Short answer no. Regardless what people say on these forums some Chrono Card only characters are head & shoulders above any available unlocks. The good news is most are stuck at 4* so it balances out as of right now the farmable characters are hitting 6-7* so low or not at all spenders are able to compete. But there are some big spenders who have chrono only toons at 7 star. Once they reach 60 unless you're a big spender too....you won't win. But that is a very small %. So long answer yes you can compete as a low spender. You just won't be the best. Fair enough.

I want to challenge this assumption as well. There is a very possible situation for F2P to catch up. And this is due to the level cap. Soft launch players has been in this for 3months+ now, the situation now is that all top200 players are similarly powered, anyone can win anyone, unless RNG works against you (old daka/dooku stuns).

How did this happen? No matter how much you spend, your roster is just like that, purple gear, level 60, 7*, field 5 characters in Arena. No other further upgrades, best power you can get: ~23k. Basically, once P2P reach lvl60 and 7*. They reach a halt. They are unable to improve any further other than "trying to catch'em all". This is the perfect opportunity for all others, smaller payers first, followed by F2P to eventually build their first 5x level60, 7*, get almost the same power and challenge the P2P big boys. Evidence? Soft launch arena guys can speak up on this as well. I easily get hit from 2nd place to 110 in a day. Oh, just do 1 fight refresh, with 10 fights and I was back in top10.

HOWEVER, this is an assumption that level caps stay at lvl60 for AT LEAST another 2months (to fight on almost equal grounds). That is the time I estimated for small time payers to catch-up, and add maybe another 1month+ for F2P. WHICH, I hope doesnt happen, because I have been stuck on lvl60 for 2months already TT...
    Qeltar wrote: »

To answer your question now, we simply play a game of catch'em all. Either people are hoarding crystals for the next major update (saved 5k now, still refreshing cantina and energy 1x/3x). Or collecting and upgrading everything to 7*, hoarding credits, having fun collecting more full teams to field in Galactic War.

Once reaching 'max' power 21k~23k. Your opponents in Galactic War are level60 from fight 4 onwards (You have to fight people around your power almost 8 times in a row). Only heavy P2P will get through GW easy, the rest of us will have to build 2nd/3rd/4th full teams that are able to fight a ~21k power teams in GW.
  • WhipiT
    591 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Solid points Sero, thank you so much for that input!! I have a 5* Maul 1 piece from epic tier and just am not that impressed with him compared to Lando. I have tried switching Maul in Bobas place to help accent Lando but Maul is like a piece of paper compared to Boba. Minus Bobas utility. My opinion may change as I discover new synergies but as of now maul is shelfed. But the video does show the power of a AOE team which in ny opinion is the best bang for your buck atm. I'm working on IG88 and Poogle as we speak and Im excited to see what synergies that creates.
  • This is truly a great link, thanks Whip!!
  • WhipiT
    591 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    This is truly a great link, thanks Whip!!

Anytime!! Lets just hope we can lure more endgame players like Sero into the thread to get more opinions for new players to dissect!
  • WhipiT wrote: »

Anytime!! Lets just hope we can lure more endgame players like Sero into the thread to get more opinions for new players to dissect!

I should've listened to Ackbar...
    200.gif

There are actually lots of soft launchies lurking around here... They are just too tired to come out and say anything after seeing majority of the community here resort to QQing to voice themselves. Even I'm getting a little exhausted seeing all the "This is gamebreaking" threads...

There are a few exceptions like you of course, that devote quite a far bit of time to explain and provide information for the community.

On topic, sadly you can't edit threads after an hour, I believe you will have more info to add on and opinions changed shortly as you see more of the lvl60 scene. Because everyone is tied down by the same gear/level/7*, you really start seeing all sorts of trends go around. A week ago, it the lumi as leader trend started. Now suddenly, more droids are popping out. Who knows what's next, nightsisters? ;)
  • Lol love that GIF!! It is a trap! I just feel if new players come to the boards right now it gives them the assumption its purely a P2W game with huge balance issues. Of course endgame players know thats not the case. So maybe if more people who are at endgame share what they have learned so far it will give new players a more positive benchmark for the game. My wife was a soft launch player who will keep her endgame droid team till they shut the game down lol. But I think like you do Sero that there are undiscovered synergies that take an average character and turn it into a killing machine. We just have to unlock the combination. Unfortunately I have cut all spending so all I can do now is sit at 60 and gear and level what toons I have unlocked till they finish the game. That doesn't sound fun lol.
  • Kabbage
    72 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    One thing I was wondering is why there are gear slots that require lvl 61+. I assumed that they are planning to raise the level cap eventually, so does that mean all of you folks at 60 end game just have those mats sitting around waiting for that to happen?

Also to SeroZero's point about GW: At 56 today, I ran into a full 60 7* epic team at battle 5, then another 60 5/6* team around 7. You really need a deep roster to get through this, so it will keep you busy for quite a while.

Oh, also was working to star up Daka to help me through Dark Side, but man everything does go after her first. Think I'm going to shift gears and pound out Boba instead. Maybe one day I'll be able to farm those Bariss shards...
  • Thanks for the info whip zero and everyone contributing I usually hang between the 10-25 rank this info is quiet useful... I have heard ventress is one of the best attackers in the game but she seems so squishy what do you think about her?
  • If I may ask, where would you recommend me investing my time please WhipIT? I'm currently level 40 and have invested a few £ into the game, buying a few packs and the Heroine Bundle. I know I'm coming to a crossroads at the minute so was curious as how best to progress.

I currently use Ima-Gun Di (4*), Ahsoka (4*; Cantina Tokens), Barriss (4*; Aware I will have to phase out), JC (3*), Qui-Gon (3*; Phasing out) as an effort at a Jedi counter team. It works well now, but I know it's not ideal for the long run as it's very difficult to farm.

I'm investing my arena in Sid and my GW in Luminara as is suggested. I also have Dooku (3*, nearly 4), Asajj (4*) and Talia (3*, Nearly 4) and IG-88 (3*) available. What should I be aiming for? Who should I be farming at the minute? And who will be most useful to me at level 50+?

Thanks for any reply, and a thank you from all of us for the work you're doing on these forums!
  • Blur wrote: »
    Thanks for the info whip zero and everyone contributing I usually hang between the 10-25 rank this info is quiet useful... I have heard ventress is one of the best attackers in the game but she seems so squishy what do you think about her?

I'm hoping Ventress' "Strike Fear" ability entually works the way we think it should and I would definitely invest in her. One of the people constantly fighting me for #1 on my server (props Winter) uses a 5* epic Ventress as his squad leader along with Talia and a pretty tough Nightsister Initiate. They attack fast and hit decent, but I don't think the AI makes the best of this combination. Old Daka and a maybe Ahsoka or a Nightsister Acolyte would be cool to see to round this out.

I love facing this team since it's so different from waht I or most everyone else on that server is running. It's not the same brain-dead steps over and over when fighting this team.

• I currently have her 4* with lvl 6 gear and she does have her uses(cleanse chewi taunts) which is common on my server to run chewi but she doesn't live to long in PvP I'll keep upgrading though. Thanks!
  • DMaas
    8 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    SeroZero wrote: »

There are actually lots of soft launchies lurking around here... They are just too tired to come out and say anything after seeing majority of the community here resort to QQing to voice themselves. Even I'm getting a little exhausted seeing all the "This is gamebreaking" threads...

I try to just ignore the game breaking threads, as you see them in any game, mobile, or any other platform. I would like to personally thank you, and WhipiT for your knowledge.

My droid team is coming a long nicely, thanks to you. I just wish I had know sooner. Regardless, it may not be a 7* team, but it sure packs a punch! Awaiting to see a General Grievous, or possible healer droid.
  • Sysy
    307 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Thank you for this wonderful thread. As a f2p player who is beginning to approach the end-game (currently lvl 54), I need some advice on building my 3 dps 2 healer team. Currently I am running with 3* VII Dooku for his 9.5% evade and stuns, 4* Sid VI 5/6 for heal immune, 4* VII Tarkin for his attack down debuff, 5* VI 5/6 Lumi, and 4* VIII Consular. I have no intention to upgrade their stars in the short future, as I just enjoy getting more characters. The only weak link in my squad I fear is Tarkin, who has low hp and speed.

The other characters I have acquired who could replace Tarkin are 4* Boba, 4* Tukson Raider, 3* Luke, and 3* Ventress. I have made the decision to stop developing 4* Jawa and Talia because of low hp or self-destructive healing. Ideally I want Old Ben to replace my Tarkin, but as a F2P player I cannot see that happening in the near future.

I actually feel that attack down is a more powerful debuff (for 3 turns) than an ability block AOE. I also noticed that once buff up, a character is immune to the debuff of the same stat. So once a character gets attack up from Poggle, which is almost certainly the case since Poggle is faster in speed, my Tarkin's debuff becomes useless.

Thus I am getting Poggle's shards as well, but I cannot but feel that he is best in a 5 fast or tanky dps team, such as Luke, CT-5555, and Tukson.

My last question is about Boba, simply, does he become a better than average dps in the end game? Mine at gear lvl 4 hits like Chewy and Barris.
    swgoh.gg/u/Sysydrexler007
  • @SeroZero wrote: »

I find myself slowly starting to withdraw from discussion threads now simply because it's so tiring trying to argue logic and common sense into people who are too caught up in their own beliefs of how unfair the game apparently is.

@WhipiT

Nice post and I hope you, Sero, and @Qeltar continue to add valuable info/discussion to these boards to help all the new players :)
  • I lurk these forums and had to come out of hiding to offer thanks and words of encourgement. Threads like these are important because they help the new player looking to develop for the end game. I just hit 50 and find myself looking forward to the next 10 levels. I see the qq post but generally stop reading them because they lack any useful infomation. Endgamers please keep up the good work and dont stop posting and disscussing the endgame.
  • WhipIT...Maul's health is way too low...he can be nuked and eliminated on the first turn...

I find that his speed is way too low thats why most of the time he dies first in pvp even before he gets his turn. Any advice for this?
  • Ben
    15 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Thanks for all the useful insight WhipIT and the rest of the soft launch community. You've really helped out the community a lot! Especially with the well throughout guides.

I was wondering what your take on Dooku is at the end game level. Consensus seems to say that he should be replaced with a higher DPS replacement. I've been placing in the 1-6 as long as I move up late before the timer, but it would be nice to be able to defend my position. I am still running:
    Luminara
    Sid
    Dooku
    Daka (got her before I read the above boba discussion :( I am considering going back to refarm boba)
    Maul

I know I need to find an end game alternative to maul since there is no reliable way other than chromium packs and maybe shard shipments. As of right now, it seems that Dooku's Ccing abilities and DPS are satisfactory, but will I regret fully leveling and gearing him? I was maybe thinking of farming Luke from the cantina since his crit hit would synergies with Sid? I was farming consular shards but if im using daka there really isnt a point to getting him beyond 4*. Thanks again
  • Once again, good job. Ty for continuing to offer insight to players, not just new to game, but a short way behind. Helps me 'stay on target' - good discussion as well guys, appreciate the time dedicated...
  • Thanks so much WhipiT (for this and your other threads helping everyone!) as well as all you generous answering End-gamers here.

Background:
    I am willing to spend some money on this wonderfully made game (in the hundreds)
    I am currently @ level 45, but certainly do greatly appreciate everyone's experienced advice.
    I am thinking of going for a Nightsister heavy endgame of:

Ahsoka (current leader)
    Luminara
    Darth Sidious
    Nightsister Initiate
    Talia

Questions:
    1) Is there a better NS team I could build for endgame pvp?
    2) Who should be my leader in the above build for pvp?
    3) Can Asajj Ventress replace any of these units to make a better team (perhaps with her as leader?)?

Sort of a separate question:
    4) I do love Dooku, is there any end game team build with him in it?

• Mace
    27 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Good write up Whipit, best thing to do is look at all special abilities get find characters to best suit each other than look at armour and the ability to give health or steal it. Than work on strength, the longer your in the fight the better! I'm maxed just staring up players atm and waiting to hear more, i think you just send me a friends request Whipit
  • Keaven
    1099 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    To me there is one glaring difference now the game has been officially launched, and with the movie around the corner this will start to show either way pretty soon, and that is that to capitalise on this game the paying players will be engineered to have an edge, based on what was learned from soft launch.

So I agree with WhipIT that f2pers should not expect to be able to compete at all in the Arena.

I expect there will simply be too much content added to ever catch up, whether its level cap increases, new tables, Heroes, ships, or whatever.

I feel the soft launch players show generally how relatively balanced/diverse the squad compositions are at end game, but even once the level cap is increased the the f2pers will once again be at a disadvantage for a time because they were still trying to catch up getting more Heroes under their belt, and won't be able to take advantage of new synergies as quickly.

Rinse and repeat this enough and it's in CGs interests to continue to dangle the carrot just enough to keep f2pers interested and tempted to spend to protect their investment (which to this point has been time).

From the percpective of CG this would have been the main focus of the soft launch, not the balance of play.

And another great thread btw.
    Profile: Keaven
    Guild: Fear The Boot
  • I'm at a bit of a crossroads with my squad. I went a bit off-spec and have been farming Ventress, Ahsoka and Luminara on their respective tables, and using Cantina energy for Talia.

My team until today has been:

Barriss (Leader) - 4* lvl 6 gear
    Dooku - 4* lvl 6 gear
    Luminara - 5* lvl 6 gear
    Ahsoka - 5* lvl 7 gear
    Ventress - 6* lvl 7 gear

I also have:

Talia - 6* lvl 7 gear
    Consular - 4* lvl 6 gear
    Windu - 4* lvl 6 gear
    HK47 - 4* lvl 6 gear

I usually time my pvp run well and finish in the top 10 on my server, as high as #3 some days. There's a power gap between 2nd and 3rd on my server though, those top two guys are almost lvl 60 with some insane costly teams.

Anyway I today replaced my Dooku with Talia. Not overly sold on her though, at her star level and gear I was hoping she would perform, but she still feels weak and I feel like I may be losing out by subbing Dooku. I also switched Ahsoka in for Barriss as leader because of the synergy, but I can't say I really noticed a difference in performance or more attacks being dodged.

From an experts point of view, should I persist with Talia and hope attackers struggle with a 3 healer setup? Or should I put Dooku back in? Also should I switch my cantina energy farming to Consular with the plan to eventually replace Barriss with him?

I feel like

Ahsoka
    Ventress
    Luminara
    Consular
    Sidious/IG88/HK47/Nightsister Initiate

Would be a great target lvl 60 team, not sure about that 5th spot though, everybody says get Sidious, and I do sometimes with I had heal block in PVP. I only need 80 more shards till 7* Ventress so I think I'll max her out first.

Sorry for the blog.
  • Keaven
    1099 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Almost identical to the strategy I am using to start up the game, just slightly further along.

Personally I just can't see how a 3★/4★ Dooku is causing your opponents more problems than even a 6★ Talia.

What happens when you face a Dooku with your team? I would assume same as me. He goes down very fast and his attacks, multiple or not, barely do any damage.

You probably might not see many Talia to compare, I have and while she's not as formidable as many Heroes, she's far more annoying than Dooku, and quite simply she sustains more damage, even with her glitchy AI use of heal, and if she is not focused down her healing and special damage will hurt.

She is very quick and easy to promote super fast, as fast as GW shipment Heroes I am finding, so she's also not competing for shards from other important farming taps like shipments.

I am going between Talia and Consular to promote them with Cantina missions.

Sidious is of course solid, and is also who I'm picking up after Asajj is 7★

On a side note, getting Asajj early and deciding to max her before getting Sidous has been great for me so far. I'm destroying opponents who are now trying to promote him with very little squad synergy.
    Profile: Keaven
    Guild: Fear The Boot
  • I'm tempted by the path both of you guys are taking i.e. Ahsoka, Asajj, Talia etc but was curious about the viability of Ahsoka later on in the game. How does she match up?