Shard Shop Exclusive Character later this month

Prev13456789
Hey Everyone,

Just wanted to give a heads up that we will be adding that mysterious Shard Shop exclusive character later this month. I especially wanted to let those of you know who may have a large stockpile of extra shards. It wouldn't be cool if you spent all of your currency and then find out that there is a new character just a few weeks later after you've spent everything.

So, consider yourselves informed!

-EA_Jesse

Community Manager for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes | Follow me on Twitter - Darokaz

Replies

• A lot of people don't read the forum, so will there be an announcement in game to warn everyone else?
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Very cool!! Now I just need to get some characters to 7*...
  • Lol, by the time I get shards to spend in the shop serval characters will have been released.
  • Thanks. It might be useful to send a newsletter
  • A lot of people don't read the forum, so will there be an announcement in game to warn everyone else?

Too bad for everyone else who doesn't read the forum.

I hate to sound like a Vogon, but "if you can't be bothered to take an interest in local affairs, that's your own lookout...apathetic bloody planet...."
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • If I've maxed lumi and continue to get shards for her, can I use it in the shard shop?.
  • Barrok
    1753 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Put it in a newsletter, tell us who it is and how many shards, and let me have early access to so I can give a solid review on the character :D:hushed::)

Oh and thanks!
  • Thank you for the information.
  • Hope we find out who the character is soon and not the day of release
    https://youtube.com/user/MurdaDeadpool/videos Subscribe and follow me here teaminstinct.net/ Home to Team Instinct

Too bad for everyone else who doesn't read the forum.

I hate to sound like a Vogon, but "if you can't be bothered to take an interest in local affairs, that's your own lookout...apathetic bloody planet...."

That's awesome and I can't wait. I have to agree though though that if you're really into this game and want to stay updated, you should be part of the forums.
  • This is fantastic communication. Do we have an eta on the shard shop yet? .-.
  • Good to know. I'll wait to 7* my jedi a couple weeks and farm extra sidious and kylo shards instead.
  • EA_Jesse wrote: »
    Hey Everyone,

Just wanted to give a heads up that we will be adding that mysterious Shard Shop exclusive character later this month. I especially wanted to let those of you know who may have a large stockpile of extra shards. It wouldn't be cool if you spent all of your currency and then find out that there is a new character just a few weeks later after you've spent everything.

-EA_Jesse

Thanks Jesse!

Is there a expected release date for the February update? I know a lot of people, including myself, are eagerly awaiting a clue.

Also, is there any information of the exchange rates in the shard shop? Should I accumulate more shards or try to spend currency on starring up lower characters?
  • Thanks for the heads up, a newsletter will be also helpful for those not much active in forums.
  • EA_Jesse wrote: »
    Hey Everyone,

-EA_Jesse

I know you want it to be a surprise.

But is there any chance you can at least let us know say...

If it's a jedi or sith or neither?

People would go to the shard shop then still hold off in case the new char is something they want. This info doesnt really help
  • hopefully the shard shop character doesnt need to be farmed from 1*, that would take forever as im assuming the shard exchange rate wont be that good...
  • hopefully the shard shop character doesnt need to be farmed from 1*, that would take forever as im assuming the shard exchange rate wont be that good...

whats the difference? the shard cost doesnt change if he needs to be farmed... unlocking a 4star character requires the exact same shards as a 1star character + upgrades to 4stars
  • Thanks for the communication @EA_Jesse. Really appreciate the heads up on information you didn't have to share.

Any tips on how we should be stockpiling? I remember seeing something about the more 7-star characters you have, the better. Does that mean having 50 extra Lumi shards won't be as beneficial as having 50 extra shards spread out amongst 10 different 7-star characters? Would help in planning to know. Thanks again.
  • >>a few weeks<< later?
  • But...why?
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    I am assuming that this will be an entirely new character. What I am really interested in is what chromium exclusive characters will no longer be exclusive come the patch? I would love even a vague answer on this. Something like "We are moving 2 (or 3 or 4 or 5) characters to the various shipment stores that were previously chromium only at the time of the update."

That would some good information right there!
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • I started buying extra Luminara, Sidious and Jedi Consular shards just in preparation for the Shard Shop. :)

@EA_Jesse there will be other characters in this shop and not just the exclusive character right?
    | Level 73 | Power 28,729 | Rank #51-100 | Ally Code: 672-379-838 | Member of The New Rebellion |
  • Thanks @EA_Jesse, that was pretty awesome of you to let us know.

Keep up the good work :D
  • Thanks @EA_Jesse, that was pretty awesome of you to let us know.

Keep up the good work :D

+1
  • To the poster concerned about Chromium Exclusives moving to the various shops; it's a pretty safe bet that at least one or two characters will make the move, perhaps one per available shop. That's 3, right? If EA/CG continues the trend of following the games that came before it in this genre, they will update the shops with formerly exclusive characters while introducing an appropriate number of new characters as well to continue the incentive of buying the packs.

I'd say just plan for it. It's almost always a good idea to hoard the appropriate currency before an update goes live. They aren't doing a fantastic job of explaining it compared to other games who post it on their forums weeks in advance, but I don't know how large their team is and what directives they have. I would appreciate the heads up as much as anyone, but I also like the mystery surrounding it. We've gotten very spoiled at having complete access to development teams and the communication that the internet brings with it, but tend to forget that they don't really owe us anything. Make the argument you pay their bills all you want, but they didn't make you buy their packs any more than they made me. I chose it, and I can wait.

That being said...DETAILS! I WANT DETAILS!

sigh
    Porgatory demands fresh souls.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    darkside wrote: »
    But...why?

Safest bet is they are playtesting the new char and don't want to mess it being too powerful or too underpowered.
  • Thanks for the heads up, much appreciated :)
  • LoveLoveRice
    182 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    RAYRAY wrote: »
    I am assuming that this will be an entirely new character. What I am really interested in is what chromium exclusive characters will no longer be exclusive come the patch? I would love even a vague answer on this. Something like "We are moving 2 (or 3 or 4 or 5) characters to the various shipment stores that were previously chromium only at the time of the update."

None of them, why would they do that at this time, they just moved QGJ over. Only 8 of the characters are chromium exclusive.

Aayla, Cad Bane, Dath Maul, Grand Moff Tarkin, Kit Fisto, Lando Calrissian, Obi Wan Kenobi, and Princess Leia.

Why would they make a shop to encourage people to buy packs, only to deter people from buying packs and instead continuing to buy cantina/arena/GW shipments for shard exchange since the Exclusive characters can be purchased that way.
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    EA_Jesse wrote: »
    Hey Everyone,

-EA_Jesse

Only question i have is.........

Will this new mystery toon remain constant in the shard shop or will it be a linited time only thing????
  • It'll be interesting to see how the shop itself functions. Can't wait to see what's in it and then later the new hero. Looking forward to it
This discussion has been closed.