Great Tips to defeating your opponents

Empire
17 posts Member
edited December 2015

MAKE SURE YOU CHECK THE REPLIES THEY HAVE OTHER STRATEGIES ARE EVEN BETTER THAN SOME OF THE STRATEGIES I WROTE!

Here are some tips I used to win most of my battles
Have more than 1 Character that has the heal ability
- Medics can come in handy in most Battles because from time to time the battle can turn on you and we'll having Only 1 medic can really suck because I bet most of you cannot wait another 3 or 4 Turns in order to heal your guys.

Target 1 Enemy at a time!
The Battle takes longer if you're trying to defeat all enemy hostiles at the same time and if the enemy has a medic your attacks were basically unaffected your enemy so just be aware of that

Kill Medics First
If you see a medic on the enemy team That should be your first target to kill because you do not want the enemy team getting healed by their medic

Target the Boss last
When you stumble upon another Boss Battle destroy the weaker enemies first because the Boss is kind of OP and we'll your best bet is to kill the weaker guys to win the game.

When an enemy has low health that's a good time to do the multi target option if possible
When you do the multi target attack on a weak enemy that should help you kill the weaker enemy and deal extra damage on the other enemies.

Reserve your Power ups until you need it
This is surely an important part for winning a battle because you can deal the most damage to the hardest bosses you come across

These are my tips for success hope these tips help!

MAKE SURE YOU CHECK THE REPLIES THEY HAVE OTHER STRATEGIES ARE EVEN BETTER THAN SOME OF THE STRATEGIES I WROTE!
- Empire
Post edited by Empire on

Replies

• These are def helpful as basic do's and don't's.

Thanks so much for the help!
  • These are def helpful as basic do's and don't's.

Thanks so much for the help!

No problem I just thought that people deserve to know this knowledge to help then in gameplay
  • since there are 3 rounds per battle, I would use my specials in the first round and they will be refreshed in time for round 3.
  • These are good tips for galactic war also,since you take over the cooldowns in your next fight. Smashing all your powers and/or heals in the last round of a GW (if not necessary) is a bad move.
    If you can, or if only 1 or 2 foes (less dangerous e.g. Chewie, Jawa etc) are left, try to hit them with a regular attack, so you have enough time to refresh your specials.
  • noogabooga wrote: »
    since there are 3 rounds per battle, I would use my specials in the first round and they will be refreshed in time for round 3.

I agree with you I forgot to add that to my list but extra tips are appciated
  • KidKafka wrote: »
    These are good tips for galactic war also,since you take over the cooldowns in your next fight. Smashing all your powers and/or heals in the last round of a GW (if not necessary) is a bad move.
    If you can, or if only 1 or 2 foes (less dangerous e.g. Chewie, Jawa etc) are left, try to hit them with a regular attack, so you have enough time to refresh your specials.

Great Tip, There are multiple ways to defeat your foes and I have to agree with you.
  • noogabooga wrote: »
    since there are 3 rounds per battle, I would use my specials in the first round and they will be refreshed in time for round 3.

Smart Idea to be honest I'm considering of using that idea in battle.
  • Empire wrote: »
    When an enemy has low health that's a good time to do the multi target option if possible
    When you do the multi target attack on a weak enemy that should help you kill the weaker enemy and deal extra damage on the other enemies.
    -

I dont get it. Why i should wait for enemy to be low hp for my aoe? In my expirience best way to start any battle is to nuke enemy with strongest skills your team have. Use skill earlier = return from cooldown earlier = more damage/turn efficiency.
  • I dont get it. Why i should wait for enemy to be low hp for my aoe? In my expirience best way to start any battle is to nuke enemy with strongest skills your team have. Use skill earlier = return from cooldown earlier = more damage/turn efficiency. [/quote]

their are multiple ways to defeat your opponents & I like your idea!

• i0ner0us
    6 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Tetragear wrote: »
    I dont get it. Why i should wait for enemy to be low hp for my aoe? In my expirience best way to start any battle is to nuke enemy with strongest skills your team have. Use skill earlier = return from cooldown earlier = more damage/turn efficiency.
    -

I dont think he meant dont use it at all. he was saying try and save it for the right time. every battle will be different. but it is better to space out a hit upon all opponents when one only has for example 100hp left. your character may do 416 damage to one opponent or maybe 215 to all opponents.
  • Always plan ahead if you have mutiple battles. Do I need this ability in the next round, if so when should I use this in the current battle, etc? If your team is op, however, just press the auto button and read news instead.
  • Best gameplay tip. Spend lots of money. Everything will be easy. You're welcome.
  • HavokTrigger
    897 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Empire wrote: »

If you use your aoes at the start, the enemy will probably just heal the group. Wasting your CD. If you use it on a weakened enemy, it will die and also do damage to your next target

• I try to take down medic first unless chewbaca taunts. Then ill just go ahead and take him down and go back for the medics.
    Once the medics are down and your chars outnumber oponent just go from weakest to toughest. Never try to take bigest enemy down first. It ends up soaking up too much energy

Good luck to all
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    It's also important to take out glass cannons and specialty players that are buffing the entire party, especially if they have low health.

One reason I run Asajj is to deal with Chewie specifically. She usually does a pretty good job.

I am also now in the habit of trying to burst down Dooku ASAP. This is especially the case if running with anyone who has an AoE.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Attack targets with taunt ability to not waste attacks on incomplete kills
  • re-checking my post again seems like you guys have better tips for defeating your opponents, In a way I kind of want to thank all of you guys because I'm checking the replies and I see greater tips for defeating opponents you guys are all helping me get better at this game.
  • WhipiT wrote: »
    Best gameplay tip. Spend lots of money. Everything will be easy. You're welcome.
    yeah the problem with that is that not everyone is going to spend lots of money on this game the best gameplay tip is a tip that gives Everyone a chance to win without being required to spend money or do anything that requires you to do something that another person can't. - Empire
  • Keaven
    1099 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    The most important thing is that your strategies will need to evolve. These tips only work for early play about pre level 40 mostly.

Once things start to balance out and abilities improve and make a larger effect on the outcome of a battle things need to change somewhat.

You will start to see a massive difference in the damage output from a healer/tank to an attacker.

Taunt becomes less useful as the game progresses, and is typically slow, so if/when you do come across it, you will want to focus down their biggest threat before it activates unless you have a way around taunt.

You may want to spread out the use of the enemies special abilities to ensure all/most of your bodies are still standing after the first couple turns, so your squad members that can buf/debuf (ability block, stun, slow, stealth, etc) may be targeting specific threats in the first couple of turns rather than focusing down a target that will take a few rounds to KO.

As healers other than Luminara typically have low attacks you will usually want to focus down their attackers first, who will go down quicker, usually in the first turn if you aren't under-levelled too far.

One or two or even three medics can still work in some tables, but over time you will see they aren't even needed for Arena battles with the right strategy, however can still field strong squads.

Hitting hard and fast will work better overall as it relies less on the many different strategies your arena opponents can be using. Healers dont win battles without any damage dealers to heal, and if damage dealers cant evade or take a hit they can be a weak link in your squad.
    Post edited by Keaven on
    Profile: Keaven
    Guild: Fear The Boot
  • I take Chewy and Duku first, depending on team. Barriss can take enough hits to make it to Chewies roar. If no Chewy I got Duku and Barriss first. I typically run Savage, Barriss,Chewie, Secura, Mace, though I do at times sub in from my team 2 of Lum, Duku,Maul, JC and Ventress to switch it up. I'm not overly concerned with killing a healer first and I've stayed in top 20 in arena since my 3rd day in the game and my team I mentioned marched through an entire galactic war campaign using that strategy. Barriss can really take hits and nothing more frustrating than having her nearly dead only for her to heal. I usually just save her for last, surrounded by the 5 I use she goes fast. Get Duku and Chewie out first. Duku is the most annoying opponent I face, sometimes attacking 4 times in a row.
  • Empire wrote: »

Here are some tips I used to win most of my battles
    Have more than 1 Character that has the heal ability
    - Medics can come in handy in most Battles because from time to time the battle can turn on you and we'll having Only 1 medic can really suck because I bet most of you cannot wait another 3 or 4 Turns in order to heal your guys.

Target 1 Enemy at a time!
    The Battle takes longer if you're trying to defeat all enemy hostiles at the same time and if the enemy has a medic your attacks were basically unaffected your enemy so just be aware of that

Kill Medics First
    If you see a medic on the enemy team That should be your first target to kill because you do not want the enemy team getting healed by their medic

Target the Boss last
    When you stumble upon another Boss Battle destroy the weaker enemies first because the Boss is kind of OP and we'll your best bet is to kill the weaker guys to win the game.

Reserve your Power ups until you need it
    This is surely an important part for winning a battle because you can deal the most damage to the hardest bosses you come across

These are my tips for success hope these tips help!

- Empire

I have cound the above to be mostly true.
  • Note finishing moves and use them for a kill.
  • I've found that the general rule of "kill healers first" is not always the best path. If you can focus fire an attacker before they can be healed, you've removed one of their heavy hitters, meaning you take less damage. That go further than killing the healer.

It really depends on the situation.