The Last Jedi teaser trailer, 2017 SW Panels

Replies

• Olga
    1333 posts Member
    APX_919 wrote: »
    I too find it odd that people claim to like Star Wars but hate...
    Same. I love all the Star Wars stuff I've seen (except Lego Star Wars, it makes me feel sick for some reason) but I always prefer Old Republic stuff, personally.
    I don't think it's a tantrum... I think he finally realized he doesn't need it... And so he steps on it and fully embraces the bad assterick that he is (and most completely missed in ep 7).
    Possibly... but nahhhhh
    I'm calling 10/10 tantrum
  • Tman
    257 posts Member
    "Time for the Jedi to end..." Wonder if that is a full or partial statement? Clever editing could be at work here. For example, the full statement could be "Time for the Jedi to end the Sith" etc..

Probably mean the Jedi ways not particularly light side force users
    I am more powerful than the Chancellor- Anikan Skywalker and Tman
  • xpxnx
    73 posts Member
    Vinniarth wrote: »
    Well, I am on the edge. I also think 7th episode is the worst in saga. However Rogue One I like the most. So Dysney really can do great films.
    Let's wait and see!

I fully agree with this statement. People who think episode 7 was good are just nostalgic/old.
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    I think that Luke at the beginning of TLJ will have a hard time accepting Rey's wish to train him. After failing the jedi legacy when his academy fell, he's likely crippled with fear, guilt, and shame which would trigger the quote. This would mean that Rey's training is just as much about Rey convincing luke that theres still a fight worth fighting as it is about training rey.
  • xpxnx wrote: »
    Well, I am on the edge. I also think 7th episode is the worst in saga. However Rogue One I like the most. So Dysney really can do great films.
    Let's wait and see!

I fully agree with this statement. People who think episode 7 was good are just nostalgic/old.

And people who think ep 1 and 2 (and by extension the prequels) are good or better than the originals are simply easily distracted by pretty baubles.
  • The0n3
    984 posts Member
    I want to see a Jedi purge movie starring Vader like he was at the end of rogue one. It was fairly boring other than the last 20 mins and the 2 mins of Vader being the bravo alpha he is...

+1 Yes!! I would love to see a movie about the book "Lords of the Sith", with EP and Vader ripping off!!

Or a Jedi purge movie with Vader as the main character, would be awesome as well... Or a movie about the origins of Jedi and Sith! Ashla and Bogen!

All SW movies are great! Of course, EP 1 and EP 7 are not so epic as the others (imo), but they're still SW movies with all the SW universe to enjoy!

• The0n3
    984 posts Member
    Let's wait and see!

7 was definitely not worse than 1 or 2

7 might not be great but it's still a decent film even if it is just basically a recreation of 4; 1 and 2 aren't just bad star wars movies, they're just actually bad movies in general - only saving grace of 1 is the darth maul fight and 2 doesn't even have that :P

You're kidding? EP II Shows YODA x Dooku man, when Yoda comes like an old guy (Which he is)with his stick, then he drops the stick, light the saber on and start jumping around like a ninja goblin??!!

IMO that duel was as good, if not better, than QGJ and Kenobi x Maul!!

PS: Actually when QGJ dies and Obi Wan charge against Maul, that scene is one of the best duel scenes made in the movies... But still, EP II had great things to be remembered for! As every SW movie!
  • Gamorrean
    2745 posts Member
    Maybe Kylo Ren can't turn back to the light side - but he can turn to the middle side ;)
  • Left me cold. Luke lifted X-wings and Rey will lift dust to beat Kylo once again?
  • Target wrote: »
    Manny415 wrote: »
    Episode 7 was the worst movie ever. So I'm not excited about episode 8.

Highlander II

Do not watch it. You have been warned.

Hah! The only movie so bad the rest the rest of its franchise ignores it ever happened.
  • Whether you like or hate 1, 2, 3, 7, or R1, none of them lived up to the teaser trailers. They know how to get people excited with dramatic music and emotionally delivered lines that may or may not even be in the movie. If only they could make actual movies as well as they could hype and advertise them.
  • fascizio
    572 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Riktoven wrote: »
    Target wrote: »
    Manny415 wrote: »
    Episode 7 was the worst movie ever. So I'm not excited about episode 8.

Highlander II

Do not watch it. You have been warned.

Hah! The only movie so bad the rest the rest of its franchise ignores it ever happened.

Rocky 5. Even its own ending ignored the initial reason for the plot.
  • *wishing we could disable comments when posting news items* lol
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    NacciPerse wrote: »
    Left me cold. Luke lifted X-wings and Rey will lift dust to beat Kylo once again?
    *tried to lift an x-wing
  • DatBoi wrote: »
    Left me cold. Luke lifted X-wings and Rey will lift dust to beat Kylo once again?
    *tried to lift an x-wing

"I don't believe it.." "That is why you failed"

• DarthApok
    277 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    I'm most excited for Benecio Del Toro's character. I'm hoping he's some badass Sith Lord. I'll be **** if he's under used. Or misused.
  • *wishing we could disable comments when posting news items* lol

Then what is the purpose of posting in a forum? I saw the trailer somewhere else and came here to comment on it. Also I think your thread got merged with one from general with the exact same links & title. That's perhaps why it exploded.
  • Yogi
    907 posts Member
    What's so funny?
  • Yogi wrote: »
    What's so funny?

His profile picture
  • Any
    428 posts Member
    Yogi wrote: »
    What's so funny?

Nothing funny , that is why lol
  • Ring
    559 posts Member
    Any wrote: »
    What's so funny?

Uh... your train of thought seems to have stalled at the station.
  • Any
    428 posts Member
    Ring wrote: »
    What's so funny?

Uh... your train of thought seems to have stalled at the station.

What do you think about this trailer?

For me, bad hype, not worth to watch at all.
  • Ring
    559 posts Member

I think it's a teaser, not a trailer. And there are a lot of interesting things. Rey becoming a Grey Jedi, Luke not in favor of bringing the Jedi back, Kylo discarding his mask... But then I enjoyed Episode VII, so...
  • Big_Boss
    2326 posts Member
    Ring wrote: »

I think it's a teaser, not a trailer. And there are a lot of interesting things. Rey becoming a Grey Jedi, Luke not in favor of bringing the Jedi back, Kylo discarding his mask... But then I enjoyed Episode VII, so...

Yeah what Luke said was intense....... Im hyped for the movie but then again I enjoy everything starwars I even am enjoying the Rebels series helicopter light sabers and all lol
  • NacciPerse
    80 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Trailer was poop. Grey Jedi are not canon so you can get out with those theories. Don't flood that KOTOR crap here.
  • Luke might be saying that in the beginning before he starts training her. Kind of like how Yoda first rejected him.
  • flux_rono
    2119 posts Member
    Trailer was poop. Grey Jedi are not canon so you can get out with those theories.

since SW Rebels is cannon, and ashoka is a grey jedi in that, then grey jedi are cannon
  • Supercat
    3250 posts Member
    The only way to make TFA's trilogy good would have Kylo be light and rey dark.
    Don't be a ****(4), and follow forum guidelines.
  • ^ lol you are so lost. It has never been said that Ahsoka is grey. She just decided to stop being a Jedi. At least read wookiepedia before calling out dumb stuff, son.