Why ask for nerfs.. (this thread needs ending)

Prev13
Stevesaint74
898 posts Member
edited April 2017
I hate zaul and bored with it. But why do people ask for nerfs when I've never know EA to nerf anyone due to public demand.

The only real nerf that I remember was to mods when they came out originally at super strength. Other nerfs have either been corrections in descriptions (i.e. Barriss) or coding error (Vader I think).

Nerfing anyone after people have paid or worked hard for toons would be a disaster for this game as no one would not be able to strategise for the future in fear of their newly invested toon may became weakened.

So stop asking for nerfs please but rather insist on better game design for the future.

Cheers
Post edited by Stevesaint74 on

Replies

• Options
    They nerfed Yoda too.
  • Options
    **** wrote: »
    They rarely do it, but they did nerf old Ben, bariss , Poe and 5's, all before mods.

Thet have also buffed toons after complaints.
    Barriss I know, old Ben must have been before my time. What did they do to poe and fives?

They nerfed Yoda too.

The toon or the event?
  • Yogi
    907 posts Member
    Options
    The toon. They nerfed him back to last August. And nerfed him hard.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    **** wrote: »
    They rarely do it, but they did nerf old Ben, bariss , Poe and 5's, all before mods.

Thet have also buffed toons after complaints.

They also nerfed mods 2 days after release. Major big time hugely. That was quite an exciting time. Many Shubs and Zuuls knew what it was to roast in the depths of a Sloar that day I can tell you.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    I hate zaul and bored with it. But why do people ask for nerfs when I've never know EA to nerf anyone due to public demand.

The only real nerf that I remember was to mods when they came out originally at super strength. Other nerfs have either been corrections in descriptions (i.e. Barriss) or coding error (Vader I think).

Nerfing anyone after people have paid or worked hard for toons would be a disaster for this game as no one would not be able to strategise for the future in fear of their newly invested toon may became weakened.

So stop asking for nerfs please but rather insist on better game design for the future.

Cheers

They nerfed the tank raid
  • Options
    StarWhales wrote: »

Cheers

And they had to lol
  • DarthPyro13
    180 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    The nerfed Barris to almost worthless after selling her.
    Post edited by DarthPyro13 on
  • Options
    Regardless of nerf or buffs I doubt the forum play a large role in it. "Oh so and so says maul is OP. Better look into that" is not a conversation I see devs having often.
  • Options
    if anyone got nerfed it should have been wiggs 6 months ago
  • Options
    Because nerfs in the devs eyes aren't needed, in which I 100% agree. Nerfs aren't needed. Just understanding of toon mechanics and strategy a lot of times is all that's needed.

Wiggs six months ago was a devastating force to be reckoned with. Shoretroopers auto taunt stopped wiggs in their tracks as does Darth Maul with his daze. So why nerf wiggs then when there are now toons that counter them?

No need for nerfs when new toons counter previous toons.
  • Options
    I think most casual players get upset when they hit insane squads in galactic war, not at the top levels of arena. If they changed the power rating calculation rating to reflect zetas and speed more rather than weighting protection more than just about everything, many of the complaints would dissapear.
  • spotremix
    1566 posts Member
    Options

she's a healer, they aren't suppose to hit hard.

since my time they haven't nerfed anyone that i'm aware of. but i don't call for nerfs because i know i'd be upset if someone called nerf on a toon i use and it happened.
  • Options
    It wasn't that she hit hard. They nerfed her heal right after they first released her.
  • Options
    Lot of toons have been nerfed, both directly and indirectly since the game was released. You wonder about the outrage that people who farmed Zaul would have if hey nerfed him, but I wonder how droid users have felt whenever shoretrooper, Kenobi, and Zaul got introduced into the game?
  • Options
    StarWhales wrote: »

Cheers

And they had to lol

No they didnt
  • Options
    Lot of toons have been nerfed, both directly and indirectly since the game was released. You wonder about the outrage that people who farmed Zaul would have if hey nerfed him, but I wonder how droid users have felt whenever shoretrooper, Kenobi, and Zaul got introduced into the game?

Nerfing is 1 thing - buffing toons to change the landscape (and meta with it) quite another
  • dough
    641 posts Member
    Options

Cheers

you don't know anything, there's been plenty of toons nerfed but then again you probably started playing GOH two months ago so you wouldn't have any firsthand knowledge.
  • Stevesaint74
    898 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    dough wrote: »

Cheers

you don't know anything, there's been plenty of toons nerfed but then again you probably started playing GOH two months ago so you wouldn't have any firsthand knowledge.

Thank you for your warm words and keen insight into the game. I appreciate your contribution to the discussion.
  • Options
    There has been plenty of nerfs in the past. But the more this game moves in the p2w direction, the less balanced it will become.
  • UltimateSeaDog
    1689 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    We've had too many mad people running around crying nerf for everything from Luminara to Baze...
    Post edited by Mageduckey on
  • lisztophobia
    808 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    We've had too many mad people running around crying nerf for everything from Luminara to Baze...
    Nerf Rey and Ewoks. :)
    Post edited by Mageduckey on
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options

Oh, we ask for improved game design, and more balance. The quality of life update was a huge improvement for me so they do listen to the community. However, we don't know how overpowered characters will be until we start using them to find out. They should do more rigorous testing to ensure that characters will be balanced upon release. Unfortunately, this is a freemium game so they want certain combinations to be overpowered so people will keep chasing the meta and spend more money to do it. They prefer this strategy of releasing more and more powerful characters with some tweaks for older characters to make them more viable, and shift the meta around this way.
  • Options
    Because nerfs in the devs eyes aren't needed, in which I 100% agree. Nerfs aren't needed. Just understanding of toon mechanics and strategy a lot of times is all that's needed.

Wiggs six months ago was a devastating force to be reckoned with. Shoretroopers auto taunt stopped wiggs in their tracks as does Darth Maul with his daze. So why nerf wiggs then when there are now toons that counter them?

No need for nerfs when new toons counter previous toons.

Nerfs should happen at times when a new counter or skill is required to be introduced in to the game that breaks much of the general roster - reason is that something like shore for example, he also unnecessarily negates a lot of other toons, shrinking the roster and making many obsolete. Pre-taunt is a poor band-aid for trying to fix speed / early damage issues - which has always been hard for this game to keep in check. Sure Baze and Shore are nice for Wiggs, but they also eliminate the utility of other heroes that didn't need countered - like raid Han. Rather than introduce pre-taunt, adding in more defensive leader skills that punish speed (like Rex) would have been better for balance. They need to make moves that open up the roster, rather than close it down.

I would prefer buffs to old toons vs. nerfs, but if they can't introduce a buff or counter that doesn't break a bunch of other stuff than that particular skill should be discussed for a reduction in utility.
  • Beviin_Skirata
    127 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I used to play TOR a while back. They nerfed the classes so many times so badly then buffed then, only to nerf them some more. Eventually people just stopped. Now the community there is all but dead publicly. IDK bout guilds in there anymore. I can't tell you how many good classes I had on there, then they end up turning this crap cause people complain that the class is "too OP"

There is always one that can trump another. Then there is also outright skill. Plus RNG here affects the outcome of battle. I've lost to a team, then at times won against that very same team.

Why nerf when you could just rebalance the game out by getting the old more up to par with the new?
  • Options
    What is a 20% dodge chance mechanism that procs way more than 20%?
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    Options
    spotremix wrote: »

since my time they haven't nerfed anyone that i'm aware of. but i don't call for nerfs because i know i'd be upset if someone called nerf on a toon i use and it happened.
    @spotremix
    It wasn't her damage they nerfed, but her healing
    She went from being the best healer to the worst, only thing she had going after that was her Equalizing, which actually was the reason for people screaming for a heal nerf as they didn't understood how Barriss works
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • Options
    Ztyle wrote: »
    spotremix wrote: »

@spotremix
    It wasn't her damage they nerfed, but her healing
    She went from being the best healer to the worst
    The worst healer? Worse than Nightsister Acolyte? :o
This discussion has been closed.