Trying to beat DT's cantina fight so I can farm him

I run a clone squad with Cody as leader and have very few problems with the first 2 waves but as soon as I get to wave 3 I get my butt handed to me. Anyone have any suggestions on how I could beat it? Cody and Fives are gear 9 but the rest are gear 8 with all skills maxed except for zetas. All have health mods

Replies

• APX_919
    2468 posts Member
    Try running Sith or Empire at g10 or g11. Real easy that way. Clones at g10 may do alright but not at g8 or g9.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • I run a clone squad with Cody as leader and have very few problems with the first 2 waves but as soon as I get to wave 3 I get my butt handed to me. Anyone have any suggestions on how I could beat it? Cody and Fives are gear 9 but the rest are gear 8 with all skills maxed except for zetas. All have health mods

Suggest going for Old Daka first to avoid the revival of multiple toons plus a Rex lead would work better to get extra turns and health.
  • Gear 8 is just not sufficient for anything. You really need to gear everyone up more. Are you 85? If this is your main squad you should have some or all to gear 10. Health mods doesn't really mean anything. You'll be wanting mods with speed secondaries and an arrow with speed primary. Set bonuses aren't really important at all imo.

I used a zMaul team and didn't have any issues. I have 3 gear 11s and two 10s.
  • APX_919 wrote: »
    Try running Sith or Empire at g10 or g11. Real easy that way. Clones at g10 may do alright but not at g8 or g9.

I have palpatine at gear 10 but the rest of my empire and Sith are gear 7 or 8 sadly. I spread myself a bit thin trying to get everyone to be semi-decent for general stuff
  • JROPR wrote: »
    I run a clone squad with Cody as leader and have very few problems with the first 2 waves but as soon as I get to wave 3 I get my butt handed to me. Anyone have any suggestions on how I could beat it? Cody and Fives are gear 9 but the rest are gear 8 with all skills maxed except for zetas. All have health mods

Suggest going for Old Daka first to avoid the revival of multiple toons plus a Rex lead would work better to get extra turns and health.

I tried doing that but every time I killed her she would be revived by ewok elder. I may have to try ability blocking him if able. I may try Rex lead next time
  • CandymanJML2
    528 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    AtlasMKx wrote: »
    Gear 8 is just not sufficient for anything. You really need to gear everyone up more. Are you 85? If this is your main squad you should have some or all to gear 10. Health mods doesn't really mean anything. You'll be wanting mods with speed secondaries and an arrow with speed primary. Set bonuses aren't really important at all imo.

I used a zMaul team and didn't have any issues. I have 3 gear 11s and two 10s.

I am at 85 but spread myself thin early on trying to get everyone up to gear 7 and 8 and I still can't farm zetas. I only have palp at gear 10 and a few rooms at 9. I guess I'll just have to either focus on building one squad up to gear 10 and finding someone with a solid ally I could borrow
  • Borrow a Zader if able, pop Pappy in Lead, and the last wave is nice and easy. They were perma-stunned.
  • APX_919 wrote: »

I have palpatine at gear 10 but the rest of my empire and Sith are gear 7 or 8 sadly. I spread myself a bit thin trying to get everyone to be semi-decent for general stuff

I made that mistake too. I only cared about star level and getting to gear 8. Soon as I realized my folly and focused on my Sith I jumped 500 ranks in arena and finish my GW everyday. Focus is important. Mods too, mods are extremely important. Good luck beating it!
  • Borrow a Zader if able, pop Pappy in Lead, and the last wave is nice and easy. They were perma-stunned.

Will give that a shot, I think I have one or two allies with a safer lead :) thanks for the suggestion.
    AtlasMKx wrote: »
    APX_919 wrote: »

I made that mistake too. I only cared about star level and getting to gear 8. Soon as I realized my folly and focused on my Sith I jumped 500 ranks in arena and finish my GW everyday. Focus is important. Mods too, mods are extremely important. Good luck beating it!

Yeah I think I'll start focusing on one faction. Now it's a matter of if which one lol. I beat my GW 9 times out of 10 oddly enough. Will start farming for better mods too, I hear clones do great with crit chance and damage mods. Which ones are best for empire? Potency?
  • Yeah if you can borrow a Zader off someone you will find that a huge help if you have a full empire squad available. Other than that, as it's Cantina, try a mixture of toons (I find Boba and IG88 slot in well with their AoE's)
  • Nozone2016 wrote: »
    Yeah if you can borrow a Zader off someone you will find that a huge help if you have a full empire squad available. Other than that, as it's Cantina, try a mixture of toons (I find Boba and IG88 slot in well with their AoE's)

I managed to finish it with a borrowed Zader but only with a 1 star score cuz boba executed my wigs duo before I could get rid of him. My squad was Palp, Kylo, Wiggs and Fives
  • Just managed to 2 star the node thanks to a little RNG in my favor. Double checked my mods on the squad i use to find out that I didnt even have half my squad modded properly. Wiggs only had about half the mods equipped and the rest were empty. Fixing that now and moving some around to see if I can do any better when my Zader ally refreshes
  • Have you got TIE pilot/any other Empire? I ran it with borrowed Zader, TIE, Palp, RG and DT (again, I think? Maybe it was Tarkin or Magma... bad memory). All I remember from round 3 was that getting a good stun with Palp and stunning any leftovers with RG, then AoE with the other Empire toons kept the turn meter at almost 0. My Tarkin/Magma/DT/whoever it was aren't fully starred and G8 so I had to rely on RNG to get them through to round 3 but the AoE tm removal was what 3* it for me
  • Nozone2016 wrote: »
    Have you got TIE pilot/any other Empire? I ran it with borrowed Zader, TIE, Palp, RG and DT (again, I think? Maybe it was Tarkin or Magma... bad memory). All I remember from round 3 was that getting a good stun with Palp and stunning any leftovers with RG, then AoE with the other Empire toons kept the turn meter at almost 0. My Tarkin/Magma/DT/whoever it was aren't fully starred and G8 so I had to rely on RNG to get them through to round 3 but the AoE tm removal was what 3* it for me

I have most empire except for the new guys coming out in a few days. The only ones I have that are worth their salt are palp and vader. Tie and ERG are just too weak to handle it right now since they are only sitting at about level 60ish each and both are 5*. The squad i've been running has been doing relatively well for me so i'm hoping they'll work now that ive adjusted and fixed their mod settings. If not then i'll work on levelling up Tie pilot and ERG tomorrow when i'm able to get more credits from GW
  • Borrow a GK ally, and run him with your clones.
  • Ended up beating it with my zFinn, poe, rey, wiggs. and I think with a Phasma ally.That or Boba. I forget the ally. All were at least gear 10