How to disable ad pops in game?

Prev1
They are quite annoying and are click baits to accidental charges.

I need a way to disable them. Anyone know how to?

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    You can't.
  • How the hell you got a ad anyway ? I play this game for 5 months and i never see any ad.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    2jar1binks wrote: »
    How the hell you got a ad anyway ? I play this game for 5 months and i never see any ad.

You never get the internal adds? Most recent being the jedi ones?
  • HeresTheTruth
    480 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    They want you to make an accidental purchase. That's why the buy now button is located in the same exact spot as daily reward collecting button.

Make sure your password isn't on remember me?

You may find yourself trading in Jka or Qgjs shards into the shard shop.
    Post edited by HeresTheTruth on
  • Kyno wrote: »
    2jar1binks wrote: »
    How the hell you got a ad anyway ? I play this game for 5 months and i never see any ad.

You never get the internal adds? Most recent being the jedi ones?

Ohhh.. You mean that "Jedi pack are now available in shop now" ad type ? I was thinking about normal ads. My bad :/

• They want you to make an accidental purchase. That's why the buy now button is located in the same exact spot as daily reward collecting button.

Make sure your password isn't on remember me?

You may find yourself trading in Jka or Qgjs shards into the shard shop.
    Exactly this. The ads pop out of nowhere and by the time it takes your mind the realize it...you might have accidentally clicked it and if your pay store was in auto purchase mode then boom...

I have it disabled but it very annoying.
  • There is a way - complete the event and they don't come back. The packs ads don't pop again if you cannot play the event.

The notifications ads are a bit more tricky.

• Bhaalor
    1724 posts Member
    Gavstar wrote: »
    There is a way - complete the event and they don't come back. The packs ads don't pop again if you cannot play the event.

This is incorrect. I have completed the event, on two separate accounts and still get those Jedi Pack adds.
  • Bhaalor wrote: »
    There is a way - complete the event and they don't come back. The packs ads don't pop again if you cannot play the event.

This is incorrect. I have completed the event, on two separate accounts and still get those Jedi Pack adds.
    Also I have a mashed out QGJ so then pop ads for Jin.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Bhaalor wrote: »

This - and it's the dumbest thing when you have a hero 7*, g11 and then get a pop-up for shards and enough gear to take them to g5. Wut? :|

Why can the game tell I have Yoda and Palp - but not QGJ or JKA?????
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • What's the point of Jedi adds anyway? "Hey, spend money on generally crappy characters who the current meta will grind up into dog food! Hurry!" Makes no sense. I already have both JKA and QGJ maxed anyway, so I don't need to buy the packs...but even if I didn't, I wouldn't. QGJ is too easy to farm, and JKA isn't worth what they want you to spend.
  • ljcool110
    500 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    The ads pop up no matter what - I have Jedi Knight Anakin and QGJ maxed out and get ads for packs on both characters. The ads are once a day or so, and honestly, as someone who has used the Internet a lot and has been in Web Marketing for a decade, they are no big deal. They are not designed for anything accidental - those who think so are looking for something to complain about. They are designed for legit purchase and revenue.

Think about it folks. Celebration just took place and with it likely a lot of new player downloads. If they push these packs out to all players, mid-level players looking to power up these toons and the new guys, new players they want to build into PTP, will hopefully see the ad and buy. It is business, it is legit, honest business, and the only people complaining are just looking to find something to complain about.

As for the value in purchasing these two - I would not recommend doing so as QGJ is an easy farm anyway.
    Post edited by Mageduckey on
  • Gavstar
    214 posts Member

Well I don't get them. The Cookie Monster or EA marketing has your Profile down as a spender..
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

This - and it's the dumbest thing when you have a hero 7*, g11 and then get a pop-up for shards and enough gear to take them to g5. Wut? :|

This^^

I guess because there is no event attached to them.
  • HeresTheTruth
    480 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    ljcool110 wrote: »
    The ads pop up no matter what - I have Jedi Knight Anakin and QGJ maxed out and get ads for packs on both characters. The ads are once a day or so, and honestly, as someone who has used the Internet a lot and has been in Web Marketing for a decade, they are no big deal. They are not designed for anything accidental - those who think so are looking for something to complain about. They are designed for legit purchase and revenue.

Think about it folks. Celebration just took place and with it likely a lot of new player downloads. If they push these packs out to all players, mid-level players looking to power up these toons and the new guys, new players they want to build into PTP, will hopefully see the ad and buy. It is business, it is legit, honest business, and the only people complaining are just looking to find something to complain about.

As for the value in purchasing these two - I would not recommend doing so as QGJ is an easy farm anyway.

Not designed for anything accidental you say? So the buy now button just so happens to be in the same spot as the collect daily rewards buttons. Guess what happens when the pop up-pops up when you collect your daily reward? It brings up your purchase now enter your password screen. How do I know this? Because it happened to me.
    Guess what happens when the pop up-pops up if you have your password set to remember me in your player settings? It makes an accident purchase.

And you say people are just looking for something to complain about? Man please..
  • Just because you worked over the Internet doing web marketing for 10 years doesn't mean you work for EaCg. The buy now button being in the same spot as daily reward collecting makes accidental purchases happen.
  • Kyno wrote: »

This^^

But I am FTP.

• EZKill
    112 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    I agree that this Jedi pack ad is irritating. With the number of whales/krakens in this game, you'd think EA would ease off on random pop-ups. We don't need this game to turn into those click-bait FB sponsored posts with re-directing ads.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »

This^^

But I am FTP.

See, now in that regard, we are a little spoiled. There are very few mobile games that are completely f2p that are also completely add-free. This one is.

The case could be made that people who have paid anything should be able to toggle the in-game adds....I won't make that case, as I don't care - just acknowledging that it could be made.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • spotremix
    1566 posts Member
    there's an x in the right corner you just hit and bam.
  • It would be nice if the ads wouldn't pop up when you have the toons at 7* they are advertising.
  • WompWompRat
    1833 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    I don't think the pop ups here are nearly as annoying as the countless of other "F2P" mobile games out there.

I do think however, the system should be smart enough to know if you have a maxed out QGJ or JKA that you shouldn't be prompted with some prize pack for that character. I can see if they want to push out some big jedi pack if the algorithm can detect that you have say, a bunch of jedi or sith toons that need to be finished up .. but if it's a specific pack for a specific character that you maxed out, they should just figure out a way to negate those pop ups from showing up
  • I've gotten this about four times a day for the last week or so. Very annoying, especially since my JKA is maxed.
    FE4vrw8.png
  • What is more interesting is that if you close the AD, you cannot find it again. Even if you wanted to buy the pack.
    I 'd love to be a Jedi... But I sure as hell would use the dark side too...
  • Also, the name of these offers is misleading. A package that contains just enough shards to unlock the character and just enough mats, credits and gear to get them to lvl 40, Ability tier 3 and gear 5 is not a "Power-up Bundle". It is a "Starter Bundle".

If instead of these, you offered me true Power-up Bundles that would get me somebody like Nihilus, Chirrut, Baze or Jyn to 7*, lvl 85, Gear 11 and all omega abilities, I would probably be all over that - even though it would cost a hell of a lot more than $19.99.
  • ViperPete wrote: »
    What is more interesting is that if you close the AD, you cannot find it again. Even if you wanted to buy the pack.
    They are one time click bait offers
  • I would say that the placement of the buy now button isn't great, I accidentally hit the one for QGJ but thankfully don't have auto purchase set up so could just cancel at next screen.

• warmonkey
    1314 posts Member
    Buy now button on pop-up is straight up shady and should be illegal.
  • PremierVenoth
    2285 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    They are click bate, clearly. I was tapping away and hit the purchase button when it popped up mid tap and then it asked for my thumb print.... It probably happened that way because of lag... lag because people want their helmets so bad!

However as @WompWompRat said, in regards to pop ups or ads - this game is saintly in comparison to others. 0 out of game offers is unheard of. As an appendage of Disney I don't fault them at all for showing the very rare pop-up saying a movie is available on DVD. Granted, removing adds from games is usually like a on time .99 cent charge and I've put in more then that, still. For 100% FTP it's almost unheard of.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    I want pop ups for 25% bonus crystals. When they run that promo- that's the only way to buy 'multiples' of the same pack with the 25% bonus.

jzdeDdJ.png
This discussion has been closed.