Chewie and consular getting the boot

J7000
2059 posts Member
I now have Bariss, Lumina, talia, and working for Daka. Many say keep leveling Consular but I think I've decided to leave chewie and consular in the dirt and keep leveling Skywalker, Talia, and since Lumina is so easy to star, her. Any thoughts?

Replies

• Keaven
    1099 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Consular will out perform Barriss because by the time you can promote her the game will be expanded for sure, unless they add her shards to Cantina or shipments.

She is great to getting a boost early, but don't waste too much on her because raising the farmable Heroes quicker will get you an earlier advantage.

Personally I am prioritising Talia over Consular first because they are competing for farming resources and she is more efficient, but I generally have enough resources to keep him going a bit, and he is the last character on my top gear priority to keep him up to date when it's his time to promote heavily.
    Profile: Keaven
    Guild: Fear The Boot
  • I am doing exactly this as well although I'm replacing Counselor with Daka, Talia with Asajj Ventress and Chewie with Boba Fett. I'm still building them so they have not been revealed in Arena yet, but in a week or so......
  • I am doing exactly this as well although I'm replacing Counselor with Daka, Talia with Asajj Ventress and Chewie with Boba Fett. I'm still building them so they have not been revealed in Arena yet, but in a week or so......

This is a great idea to develop in future, for the end game at lev 60, but how you can grind equip for both the teams now? i think you have to make a choice
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    ilyanor wrote: »
    I am doing exactly this as well although I'm replacing Counselor with Daka, Talia with Asajj Ventress and Chewie with Boba Fett. I'm still building them so they have not been revealed in Arena yet, but in a week or so......

This is a great idea to develop in future, for the end game at lev 60, but how you can grind equip for both the teams now? i think you have to make a choice

I think he is saying he is making a choice. Buy bye Chewie. :( I'm replacing the Consular with Luminara as farming her is even easier than Sidious. A big part of me wants to drop heals altogether though and just max i86, but Galactic War makes that a difficult choice.
  • Even after buying Barriss Offee early on, I am quite enjoying Luminara as well. I wish her base HP and gear path were a bit bulkier, but she's a lot of fun to use for PvE with her more combat-oriented offensive abilities. All she needs is a fifth ability that debuffs Barriss when they're in the same party. Four-star Padawan my butt. At least Ahsoka has the good grace to not outshine her master before even putting in any time.
    "Mockery: Oh, Master, I love you, but I hate all you stand for! But I think we should go press our slimy, mucus-covered lips together in the cargo hold!"
  • Talia..am I the only one that finds her damage really mediocre or what?
  • SlyWalker wrote: »
    Talia..am I the only one that finds her damage really mediocre or what?

I really don't enjoy her. Her main attack is very weak and her heal makes her very squishy.
  • I left counselor and chewy both at 50. That was the point for me where i felt their contribution to the team was no longer necessary. Talia i have at max, 1 item short of gear level VII (all of my top heroes need 20 of those **** purple laptop items).
    "There is no 'try'." - Master Yoda
  • ilyanor wrote: »
    I am doing exactly this as well although I'm replacing Counselor with Daka, Talia with Asajj Ventress and Chewie with Boba Fett. I'm still building them so they have not been revealed in Arena yet, but in a week or so......

What I did was halted my development on the former characters as I level up the replacements. I've currently got my Luminara close to 5* now and I've left Counselor in the retirement bin since Luminara is easier to farm shards for. As for Daka, Boba and Asajj, I'm still upgrading them so when they're ready, I will do similarly as before. This is a short term slowdown for long term growth. You can't continue to upgrade hard to farm players in my view. You use them to advance as long as you can and abandon them when you can. My character selections are based upon farm-ability....
  • ioniancat21
    2091 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Just to be clear, the team selection process needs to unfortunately be all about farmable shards, nothing more. I was dealt Chewbacca, Talia, Counselor, Royal Guard and Ewok from launch so I had to use them to open up enough shipments to replace them. I never farm shards for hard to upgrade characters or one's that I know won't be good long term. Do you want to spend months farming shards?? That's my logic and I chose what I believe will be an awesome team based upon easily farmable characters, Sidious, Ventress, Luminara, Boba and Daka...
  • I've kept Asajj along to 48 but even though she has Strike Fear at 2, she never seems to dispel any positive effects. Doesn't affect chewie taunt like Mace does. She is pretty resilient but what are the common positive effects she can dispel? Been disappointed in her. I have her other abilities at 4.

Known as íN Quartus Ω in the game
    Member of Team Instinct
  • Why Talia though. No one in my arena has used her for months lol
  • J7000 wrote: »
    ilyanor wrote: »

I think he is saying he is making a choice. Buy bye Chewie. :( I'm replacing the Consular with Luminara as farming her is even easier than Sidious. A big part of me wants to drop heals altogether though and just max i86, but Galactic War makes that a difficult choice.

The makers seem to be going for no single combination of 5-6 being end all be all.
  • I will be going for 3 healers and 2 beast dps. Talia seems to have nice dps, so does Eeth Kock or whatever his name is.

Im I'm a few shards off from Luminara. I want the ewok, old daga luminada and my counslor.
  • Keaven
    1099 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    SlyWalker wrote: »
    How far did you gear, promote, and level her?

I have her at level 50 5★ 25 shards from 6★ full gear (can upgrade to VII at next level up).

Full attack ability upgrades and she is hitting hard, especially her special. Her power is 3,096 which is slightly higher than Asajj at the same point.
  • I find Talia to be very valuable.
    Her regen with basic attack can save a heal turn as long as you dont hit a counter striker.
    Her heal spell saves many a teammates.
    Her biggest dps ability seems to come from her d.o.t. attack. It almost always crits around 1200-2000 for me so I often either use it for starting or finishing an opponent
  • I don't get why people say counselor is easier that luminara, I got her to 4 star tier 6 in a week.
  • Today I was convinced that Consular is actually a good healer. Currently my Consular stays at lvl54, 4 star, gear lvl 8 4/6. He has 7451 hp and heals as much as Lumi, but with a much shorter cool down. Once pass gear lvl 6 his gear is very easy to upgrade.
    swgoh.gg/u/Sysydrexler007
  • Sysy wrote: »
    Today I was convinced that Consular is actually a good healer. Currently my Consular stays at lvl54, 4 star, gear lvl 8 4/6. He has 7451 hp and heals as much as Lumi, but with a much shorter cool down. Once pass gear lvl 6 his gear is very easy to upgrade.

His gear 8 is not level capped at 60 either like most toons that are stuck currently at 7. Big JC fan. He's not spectacular at any one thing, but he's really solid all around. Good health, good damage, nice special that has good damage, team heal, etc. Have a 7* JC @ gear 8 and he's healing for 4k. Has nearly 4600 total power at lvl 54, nearly 10k health. Nice thing is the quick cooldown on both his specials. His level 6 heal ... which is also not blocked @60 like most toon's level 6, has a -1 cooldown on it. So after he heals, the next time he hits it will have just a cooldown of 2. His level 5 basic attack has a cool feature on it that says he has a 25% chance to reduce all his cooldowns by 1. After I get the level 6 unlocked on the heal for the cooldown he's going to have a lot of heal potential in a given battle because he will be able to do it often. So when you look at total team healing capacity over multiple rounds, JC's total healing is going to be formidable.
  • Didn't realise JC could be geared up to viii..that's pretty sweet. Will be working on mine now for sure (don't really like healers lol). Will come in handy in GW.

Still don't know why he keeps getting called Counselor though - does he have a part time job I don't know about?
  • Keaven wrote: »
    SlyWalker wrote: »
    How far did you gear, promote, and level her?

I have her at level 50 5★ 25 shards from 6★ full gear (can upgrade to VII at next level up).

Full attack ability upgrades and she is hitting hard, especially her special. Her power is 3,096 which is slightly higher than Asajj at the same point.

Mine is 5* lvl60 gear VI, power 3454. Pure luck getting shards for her in bronznium to get her to 5*, else I wouldn't be bothered with her. Her speed is not that great (95), her crit is kind of low(137), her health is just other glass cannons (7.3k), dmg isn't that amazing(775), during match time, her skill crit is only 2k with Sid leader when others like 4* jawa are doing 3k. I only geared her a little to bring into GW as the 'after retreat lets use her to heal' character. Horribly expensive items reach gear 7, needs the precious 20 piece purple, rather use those on my other chars first.

BUT, I wouldn't write her off just yet, maybe nightsisters synergy is coming soon. ;)
  • I don't expect her to be a top tier toon. But for me she will be a key component to getting and supporting top tier toons being one of the easiest to fully promote.
  • Sysy
    307 posts Member
    Talia is really an okay dps but her self-destructive heal is more problematic. I always love to use Sid on her and watch others trying to save her and waste their heals. My Talia at level 53 VI 5/6 special crit at 2.9k, which is not bad. Her dot is very strong as well. But combined with her crit rate and low hp, and judging from the toons I have, I feel even my 3* Luke lvl 53 VI (normal 2k, special 3k with stun, fast speed) and Ventress lvl 53 VII (special AOE at 900 unbuffed to 2.1k buffed and crit) are doing better dps than Talia
    swgoh.gg/u/Sysydrexler007