Closed

Willkimm98
466 posts Member
edited February 2016
I keep hearing the same thing. Reduce speed by one, so i decided to close the thread so i dont keeping hearing a repeat of the same stuff.

Closed 41 votes

Yes
14%
BaalWillkimm98Darth_ReyDuckDodgersShuberonByrdbroz 6 votes
No
60%
DiegoNicks075Telaancosmicturtle333SundodgerxJazzxBreetaiD_MillennialstupidfatfoolRolotomasi859RoTaNiMoDdkredsoxMaxoooTriquigoobstoobPlasmajMikeTythonEleiemPtolemyUnckyBadTouch 25 votes
No, but you are on to something
4%
MysticPirageDarthLahey 2 votes
Maybe
4%
HaloWars29jfgibson 2 votes
This has already been addressed in other threads
14%
JJHDarthMasterShawnArijitHunterMuncherPuncherM9silentDarthRay 6 votes
Post edited by Willkimm98 on

Replies

• No
    90? He'd be unplayable at 90 speed.
  • Yes
    dkredsox wrote: »
    90? He'd be unplayable at 90 speed.

How?
  • reducing by 1 to 142 would make more sense.
    ʕっ•ᴥ•ʔっ ︵ DOE
  • No
    If his speed was dropped to 90 no one would use him. He would join the other 2/3 toons that no one plays.

At 90 speed he couldn't protect anyone, which defeats his whole purpose.

Poe 143 speed is not his issue. Poe being fast is perfect for a tank. I think all 3 toons with taunt should be 143 speed, as then they do their job as they are supposed to.

What makes poe so powerful is one thing. Turn meter reduction. That's it. Everything else is perfect for him IMHO.

I think anyone with taunt should be fast, low dmg, high health, and some way/chance to heal themselves. Poe does all this.
  • This is so ****.
  • Yes
    I think he would still be useful as a tank, just not as op as he is now. I believe by his turn which would be similar to asajj, both teams would have a chance to do something. Then he can expose and reduce turn meter to give the team an advantage. I dont understand how this makes him unplayable unless im missing something?
  • No
    Poe has too little health to be that slow. His only purpose is turn meter reduction. Reducing him to 90 ensure that one of your hitters and most likely him will be dead before he gets a chance to taunt. They could take away his expose and it would not bother me at all. His only purpose is his meter reduction for me. I need that to happen first turn.

Same thing for me with Poggle. I could care less if Poggle lives at all after getting off his offense up. Poe reduces turn meter, dies. Ok, good.
    Poggle offense up for group, dies. Ok good.

Less tears about Poe. Leave the poor guy alone.

I agree though with Breetai. I think all the tanks with taunt need to have high end speed to be worth using.

Han has so little HP calling him a tank is pathetic though tbh. By time Han has a chance to go though 1-2 members of his team would be dead in arena and QGJ or another buff stripper will be going right after Han effectively making his taunt useless anyway.

Chewie has the health of a tank, but by time he goes 1-2 members of his team would be dead in arena and QGJ or another buff stripper will be going next effectively making his taunt useless.

The ONLY reason at all Poe is effective is because his turn meter reduction. Making him slower makes that useless and effectively makes the only taunt tank in the game viable for arena useless. Poe has no point outside of arena so you'd be throwing him on the shelf with all the other useless characters in this game.
  • Yes
    Maybe he should be rid of his expose then since that isnt really important to anyone but it is beneficial or annoying depending on which side your on
  • No, but you are on to something
    Maybe not 90... Maybe closer to 130?
  • This has already been addressed in other threads
    Discussed to death
  • No
    Willkimm98 wrote: »
    I think he would still be useful as a tank, just not as op as he is now. I believe by his turn which would be similar to asajj, both teams would have a chance to do something. Then he can expose and reduce turn meter to give the team an advantage. I dont understand how this makes him unplayable unless im missing something?

By the time poe went 2-3 toons will be dead. Speed is everything. Nerfing poe speed does not change the coin flip in the game. It only changes the point coin flip to hoping most of your fast toons wins the coin flip.

FOTP, GS, qgj, Leia, Rey, and phasma will still decide matches. Only difference from now is poe would no longer be used.

My team of phasma, qgj, FOTP, GS, poe would only do one change. Either Rey, Leia, or dooku would replace poe.

Also making poe speed 90 would take out a lot of toons that are being used now. Namely droids and AoE builds. You would only lower to what is useful.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    No
    That's overnerfing. I want the char to be more balanced, not useless
  • Baal
    602 posts Member
    Yes
    I don't use poe, so sure.
  • Yes
    M9silent wrote: »
    Discussed to death

Cool
  • No
    Reduce to 142 then he is a tier lower.... If he was 90 they might as well delete him from game, nobody would play him and those that do would probably try to burn down the Internet.
    "You don't want to sell me death sticks... You want to go home and rethink your life. "
    Obi-Wan Kenobi
  • Baal
    602 posts Member
    Yes
    Those sound like great reasons to do it, you accidentally clicked 'no'
    142 would be fine, not turn 7. This is on so many other threads.
  • No
    Baal wrote: »

No, I chose No on purpose
    "You don't want to sell me death sticks... You want to go home and rethink your life. "
    Obi-Wan Kenobi
  • No
    10105d1301954626t-one-fight-6k-plat-ok-what-media_preview.jpg
  • Yes
    USAmazing wrote: »
    Reduce to 142 then he is a tier lower.... If he was 90 they might as well delete him from game, nobody would play him and those that do would probably try to burn down the Internet.

Im pretty sure that people would still play him, just not the 90% that do now, maybe more like 5-15%. What about the other 20-30 characters in the game that no one uses? Why arent they deleted from the game? They might as well be with your logic.
  • Baal
    602 posts Member
    Yes
    Baal wrote: »

No, I chose No on purpose

Fine, hate America.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    No
    Would be a terrible idea. His speed is fine. His turn meter manipulation is the problem.
  • No

Im pretty sure that people would still play him, just not the 90% that do now, maybe more like 5-15%. What about the other 20-30 characters in the game that no one uses? Why arent they deleted from the game? They might as well be with your logic.

So basically what your saying is you don't like poe and don't want to use him so you want him made to not played at all.

JC would have more use than a 90 speed poe.

What I think needs to happen is poe turn meter reduction made resistable, and han and chewy speed buffed to 140-143. Han turn meter manipulation is fine due to Han having low health. Chewy has high health, self heal, and nothing to do with turn meter. All 3 have crap dmg as well as they should have.

Then all 3 could do what a tank does. Protect the group. Plus people still have counters ( qgj, mace, assajj ).

If this happened. Not everyone would use poe. I can see uses for all 3 tanks if they all had high speed.
  • Yes
    Breetai wrote: »

So basically what your saying is you don't like poe and don't want to use him so you want him made to not played at all.

JC would have more use than a 90 speed poe.

What I think needs to happen is poe turn meter reduction made resistable, and han and chewy speed buffed to 140-143. Han turn meter manipulation is fine due to Han having low health. Chewy has high health, self heal, and nothing to do with turn meter. All 3 have crap dmg as well as they should have.

Then all 3 could do what a tank does. Protect the group. Plus people still have counters ( qgj, mace, assajj ).

If this happened. Not everyone would use poe. I can see uses for all 3 tanks if they all had high speed.

The funny thing is, i use poe and i very much enjoy using him. I am trying to give a solution to him because of all the people that complain about him. I dont have a problem with him because i am not on a heavy p2w server, so i dont see many leias or qgj or fotp 7*. Next time, try not to assume that i dont use him and hate him just because i am making a thread about a solution to him. Please go away now. Thanks :)
  • No
    His speed is fine, tenacity, expose, everything fine, his only problem is the TMR, that only should be eliminated and he would still be tier1, yet no OP.
  • No
    Reduce by one and/or remove his turn meter tinkering ability.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
    Hearing the same stuff is pot calling kettle black when you posted yet another Poe thread. Talk about same stuff,lol.