Galactic War Table

Pharaoh
27 posts Member
edited October 2017
Since you aren't listening I will try a different approach:

I want to thank you for the fully loaded Zeta Vader team with Zeta Fett on Galactic War Node 9. This massive amount of kittens is so appreciated. I mean, who doesn't want to fight a team that takes out 8 toons with 3 more rounds to go. You Rock guys. Keep u p the great work. And keep applying that lube to us!
Post edited by Ambassador on

Replies

• If you can't beat zader... especially in GW, there's not much hope for you. One character with a tenacity up ability is all you need and you'll wonder why you ever complained. Zader should be the least of your worries.
  • Just gave up on mine. Maul (zeta), SA, Savage (zeta), Sith trooper and DN
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    Some of us r lucky enuf 2 sweep GW w/ 1 squad. Most r not and it was never intended 2 b that way. If u lost 8 toons and that crippled u, it's on u and noone else. What u r facing is the result of having 5 powerful toons and basically a weak roster otherwise. Your highest arena rank EVER in conjunction w/ your 5 most powerful toons determines your GW difficulty. If your roster was more diverse and u set up some specialty toons to have near full tm, u could breeze thru.
  • Actually, it the ridiculous power rating system in this game. It gives unusable toons high ratings even though the lower rated toons wreck them. Then if u are unlucky enough to pick the wrong toons to level up your hosed until u build up better.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Warmonger wrote: »
    Actually, it the ridiculous power rating system in this game. It gives unusable toons high ratings even though the lower rated toons wreck them. Then if u are unlucky enough to pick the wrong toons to level up your hosed until u build up better.

This.

Health weighs heavy on power calculation but speed and zetas don't add much.
  • Warmonger wrote: »
    Actually, it the ridiculous power rating system in this game. It gives unusable toons high ratings even though the lower rated toons wreck them. Then if u are unlucky enough to pick the wrong toons to level up your hosed until u build up better.

Can't agree with you more matchmaking in galactic war would be much more balanaced. It's hard to believe that ability levels hardly play into power rating when they have such a heavy impact on a toons capability.

• Yogi
    907 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Pharaoh wrote: »

I want to thank you for the fully loaded Zeta Vader team with Zeta Fett on Galactic War Node 9. This massive amount of kittens is so appreciated. I mean, who doesn't want to fight a team that takes out 8 toons with 3 more rounds to go. You Rock guys. Keep u p the great work. And keep applying that lube to us!

Sounds like a fail rouster

• Tenebris_Fidem
    123 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    be patient, level up, fix your roster & strategize. you can definitely clear gw. im f2p & i did - still doing & will keep doing it one way or another.

tip: suicide squads, decent ones, work very well w/ taking out weaker squads in certain nodes & fooling stronger ones into using their abilities to be slaughtered by your prime strongest squads.

:)
  • Werlen
    9 posts Member
    WAI
    If it was intended to be impossible at times due to matchmaking then I agree.
  • Veritasum
    753 posts Member
    This is the never ending story. But I will give this "tip" if you would like to take it that way. Start out with a basic dps team. All fire power and that should move you all the way to node 9 and often 11. Save your specialty support toons for those tough nodes.

I built a rebel squad specifically for GW because I never used them in arena. But my basic Wiggs set up most often times takes me until at least node 9, but usually 11. At that point, I still have the bulk of my stronger squads ready... like Jedi, Sith and Empire.

I understand if you don't have all of those options, but that is the trick to build up the roster so you can comfortably beat GW no matter what they throw at you, but that takes time. It took me a long time to get my roster to where it is today.
  • sjkerhfgdjhd
    1009 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Giving speed and ability levels more weight on power rankings is probably a good idea, but it won't make all that much difference. The biggest factor in how successful most teams will be is synergy.

Zader, Wedge, HK-47, zFinn, and zPhasma are all amazing leads that with the right teams can obliterate GWs but put all five of them on the same squad and it will fail horribly.

As I and others have said many times before, if you really care about GW and aren't beating it easily every time you are likely doing something wrong.
  • TZangetsu14
    221 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Pharaoh wrote: »

Did you load up everyone's turn meter?.. I load up 3 teams in the first 3 rounds or so.. I then stick to a nihilus sith team and hit until I can't hit a team with out losing them or one.. then I'll try my other Turn meter ready teams.. if I can't get through with out to much damage then I'll sacrifice one of my teams and FO ish them with my FO team and usually just finish GW
  • Werlen
    9 posts Member
    I have used many of the tricks mentioned above and can clear the GW table most days, but at least once to twice a week I run into a team at a high node that is well synergized and way over effective for it power rating. This combined with the fact that it is already a higher power level than I have available makes it next to impossible to get by and if I do I am probably screwed later due to losses. It mostly comes down to those toons that are rated at a low power but are extremely effective. This in my mind speaks to a game balance issue. I am not looking for it to be easy. It's actually more fun when it's a challenge trying to figure out the right strategy to beat the more difficult teams but it not fun when a single team basically becomes impossible or near impossible.
  • My node 11 for the past2 days have been a maxed GK lead, maxed z DN, maxed Zeta R2 , maxed Chaze. It took 4 teams of mine to eliminate them for my easy node 12
  • Tarugo91
    294 posts Member
    Power ratings need to be adjusted to reflect zeta, speed, and skill type. This is what makes GW unbalanced.
  • Vengaro84
    1 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Dear EA.
    Hi there.
    Now that's out of the way, I wanted to say thank you for breaking galactic war. Before one of the updates, I was able to (with difficulty, planning and a bit of luck) to finish a full galactic war about once a week...
    There I would struggle to work teams, strategize and even experiment a bit so that I could achieve a difficult but non the less possible goal.
    But now, no matter how I try, strive, addapt, upgrade, sceme, research, retry..... i can now never... NEVER complete a full galactic war.
    Since the final two, sometimes even 3 battles are decided to face me off against impossible odds I no longer find the galactic war fun at all.

It's like in a first person shooter, when you put in a cheat like God mode, and despite your opponents greatest effort can't get you to even bleed...
    Yes it's like that... but reverse.
    The galactic war algorythim now sees fit to give 2 huge, kitten covered middle fingers by giving me at best... one team that cannot be defeated by any of my teams... period!
    I know this, because I have tried soooooo many times that I was actually able to use a single team to get all the way through to the final battle with full health, and near full protection (Cody lead clone team that kicks ever so much kitten).

And yet, a final team that for the last few months keeps showing up, by different players to foil me.
    A team, that despite everything I throw at it, has such synergy that I can't even eliminate A SINGLE MEMBER OF IT!!!
    You read right, can't kill even one of the kittens !...
    Now...
    I know that the game is ment to create a challenge, but that's not what this is... this is the game literally cheating against me.

Final team they decide to throw at me varies at times, but usually consists of ...
    CLS - maxed and zeta... in the gold.
    R2D2 - again, maxed, zeta, gold.
    Thrawn - same levels
    Kylo - same kitten
    Baze and chirut team up - maxed and swinging their kitten at me!
    Nihllus- in the max stats!
    General Kenobi ... you get the point...

Now I know what you're thinking...
    "Dude, I take down teams like that all the time. Just try harder."
    Thank you random voice, and most times i'd agree and just trudge on...
    Except...
    I have no toons in the gold..
    No epic, make you kitten your pants level toons at all to combat them!
    I'm still trying to farm and upgrade guys but it takes time... but as I've come to find out. IT HAS BEEN INCREASING IN DIFFICULTY EXPONENTIALLY AS I HAVE!
    Oh yeah, when this started it was just a single toon in the max (usually CLS or thrawn) leading a tough team just one level below. Starting a few months ago... I could kill one team member after 6 battles of my best teams getting spanked.

So I thought, no problem I'll farm some toons mods and upgrades and go at it again.

As soon as I have a guy upgraded, it added 2 in the complete max.

I upgrade again, 4 in the max!

I zeta my own r2d2 (still not maxed out)and I get whole teams of zeta, maxed out gold tough som kittens that I can't even make a dent in...

So again EA...
    Thank you for breaking the galactic war and making it not fun AT ALL!

Signed,
    A mildly annoyed truck driver
    Post edited by Sunnie1978 on
  • i went through 2 weeks either right before or right after i hit lvl 85 where id get wrecked in node 11 or 12 everyday. I was worried it was gonna take months but after putting everything on holdbuilding a res team and gearing up some quality toons that i could plug n play with any team and within a couple weeks every post like this began to make my day. Serious huge smile on my face. Stop what ur doin in game n make a new plan
  • Fyi i have 0 gold toons either and i beat gw everyday againstiat least 2 fully stacked all gold with 8 zetas teams a day. A DN lead team as a #2 team juat in case, a zeta fin res team with zid as 5th as primary. And i had been plugging a 5* g8 thrawn in if i had to in node 11 or 12 but i juat got thrawn to 7* so its gearing time for him
  • I often come across threads like this, and usually the people complaining have very narrow rosters and are expecting to complete the full 12 nodes without so much as a tickle. The GW is an endurance test of your entire roster. I complete it almost every day but I'm utilising 3/4 even maybe 5 teams to make sure I have the best team available for each hard node I come across. Currently for me this is 6,9,11 these 3 offer me often full zeta teams usually with a Zbarris. It's one of the last bastions of difficulty in the game, I suggest we keep it.
    I fight the good fight
  • Dreislao wrote: »
    I often come across threads like this, and usually the people complaining have very narrow rosters and are expecting to complete the full 12 nodes without so much as a tickle. The GW is an endurance test of your entire roster. I complete it almost every day but I'm utilising 3/4 even maybe 5 teams to make sure I have the best team available for each hard node I come across. Currently for me this is 6,9,11 these 3 offer me often full zeta teams usually with a Zbarris. It's one of the last bastions of difficulty in the game, I suggest we keep it.

I'm all for testing out my full roster. However once I hit node 12 sometimes a squad down I'm throwing everything I have against a maxed out gear 12 meta squad and I'm getting nowhere quickly. That's not testing my roster, it's testing my patience when you consider this has been an unanswered issue for a couple of months now. I have 1 gear 12 toon and 2 zetas. Somehow that means I'm capable of clearing a squad with sometimes over 20k power more than my best squad with all toons over 250 speed when my fastest toon is 217.

You might think GW is great as it is, there's a lot of people who don't and it ends up with people posting a thread like this who're so frustrated with the game and the developers not responding or even acknowledging an issue like this and instead wield a banhammer so they can't post anymore. Fact is the game introduced higher gear and zetas but the gw calculation for who you face has clearly not been updated (and it isn't perfect to begin with when you see the power ratings of certain toons). I'm no whale, I'm not f2p either, but I'd spend a lot more on this game if it played fair
  • Example squads I face daily: (all g12, 260+ speed, massive health and protection depending on the character)

zCLS, zR2, zChirrut/Baze, zGK

zCLS, DN, zR2, zThrawn, zGK

zGK, zBarris, zChirrut/Baze, zCLS

Multiple combinations of the above, sometimes with zRaid Han thrown into the mix.

I’m a middle of the road player. I have a number of Zeta, generally finish arena between 110-88, have no g12, have a fairly deep roster because I’ve played for a while and used to get in the top 20 back in the day with my HK lead, Jawa Engineer buffed droids.

You know GW is broken for a player like me, when your node 12 is somebody from the Top 3 of an old shard. If you breeze through it, then I’d love for you to face my ‘broken’ n12 and watch your roster be annihilated. Because unless you’ve got the mods, g12 and the legendary characters, you resistance squads won’t cut the mustard. :D:D

• MBL_66 wrote: »
    Necromancy

indeed, I had not checked.... this guys Necro Skills blinded me
    I fight the good fight
  • Yeah, six months necro. Closed.
This discussion has been closed.