Galactic War Table

2Next

Replies

• I clear GW almost daily (take an L on 12 probably 1/10 times) with Boba (L), Vader, TFP, shaman, Sid. Use abilities on every 3rd node and basic attack my way through the rest. Usually lose Sid on 10 or 11 and plug in QGJ. Really not too tough idk
  • Jay_1997_C wrote: »
    OP, these threads are pointless. All you get are people like you you, who are having trouble beating and see a real problem, and ****hats who have nothing constructive to say other than "git gud". I have a couple of teams in my roster. I set up TM. I throw trash teams at the harder nodes to absorb the AoEs... And I still can't beat it. The "easy node 12" is a myth. Until the devs find a way to account for zeta/synergy, GW will be broken.

The easy node 12 IS NOT a myth

it's true. the easy node 12 exists. you need to have a combination of a high powered squad & decent ranking in the arena. just finished mine 5 mins ago & beaten green & blue toons at node 12. the problem i noticed w/ this, however, is that nodes 6, 9, 10 & 11 becomes extremely difficult w/ squads composed of about 2-3 zeta toons.
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Heaven forbid theres a part of the game with adaptive difficulty that provides a challenge and encourages strategy
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Relax, guys. It appears that the OP simply doesn't know how to beat a Zader team. It's got absoloutely nothing to do with a broken/unbeatable GW node:

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/105200/galactic-war-table#latest

Nothing to see here. Move along.

To OP:

Have your Yoda put up tenacity up before Boba and Zader move. From there on you can auto the node.
  • Yogi
    907 posts Member
    Juex777 wrote: »
    Easy node 12 is a bug. You need a very high power in your arena team to get it. .

It has nothing to do with your arena team power. It's the combined power of your top 5 toons.
    Why do people keep associating this with arena power.

• I'm no player with some OP roster, but I'm able to consistently to fully complete the Galactic War with my FTP Rebels team.(avg. of 6* and Gear lvl 8) Of course, there would be some teams that I went against that are just too powerful ; but Galactic War is definitely not a node that only whales can complete, and is very beatable. You just need a solid team with high gear levels... you do not even need to star them up completely!
  • To all who are getting the easy node 12: first, congrats. Second, don't tell me how easy GW is if you're not even being challenged at the end. My best team is 43K. The Final node team was... 53K. No amount of throwing lower toons, having TM ready, or having multiple teams is going to make a 10,000 pt difference. Especially, when they have synergy and zetas on characters I can't even get yet (zRex lead, Chaze, zGK, DN). That's ridiculous.
  • Yogi
    907 posts Member
    Especially, when they have synergy and zetas on characters I can't even get yet (zRex lead, Chaze, zGK, DN). That's ridiculous.

Rex does not have a zeta ability. I don't have GK yet but I don't think he does either.

You can do it.

• Yogi wrote: »
    Rex does not have a zeta ability. I don't have GK yet but I don't think he does either.

You can do it.

Well, they were maxed, then. The lowest power toon was several 100 above my strongest toon, that I had lost on Node 11. Not that it would've mattered. They one shot anything I put in there. I didn't touch their protection. It's like if I tried to take my Arena team, rank ~200, against the the #1 whale on my shard. I shouldn't expect to win that regardless of who I try. I get that GW should be difficult, but come on. There's no strategy for that. And, sometimes that happens at Node 6.
  • To all who are getting the easy node 12: first, congrats. Second, don't tell me how easy GW is if you're not even being challenged at the end. My best team is 43K. The Final node team was... 53K. No amount of throwing lower toons, having TM ready, or having multiple teams is going to make a 10,000 pt difference. Especially, when they have synergy and zetas on characters I can't even get yet (zRex lead, Chaze, zGK, DN). That's ridiculous.

I've been competing lately by using retreat and aeroplane mode. Today I had 3 zetad teams but I'm only lvl 83 and have no zetas and a max 40k squad.
    Today I had maxed clones with 7* GK on the final node. managed to win but it wiped out my Jedi squad, droids, rebels, a mix and then I finished with my sith.

Mine gets harder everyday and don't know why. I do think it needs a slight nerf.
  • I beat GW for the 3rd time last night.

I didn't get an "easy" last node. Well, it would have been easy if it was against my primary squad.

The 2nd last node wiped out my weakened 2nd squad, and much killed my 3rd. Luckily, they took out 4 of the 5, with their 5th (Savage) at slightly less than 50% health.

So I went with my 4th squad, Savage killed 1 of 5, and damaged the other 4 halfway.

I went into the last node with my damaged 4th squad, they took out 1. My 5th squad managed to barely win, with only 1 survivor limping out. Thanks largely to 2 dodges.

It was "hard" proportionally to my 4th and 5th squads. If I didn't win, I had no one left. They were Toons I didn't bother gearing or leveling up. I didn't want to waste training droids on them just to win a GW.
    When you're accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.

Started mid-FEB 2017, and not trying to reach the top.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    To all who are getting the easy node 12: first, congrats. Second, don't tell me how easy GW is if you're not even being challenged at the end. My best team is 43K. The Final node team was... 53K. No amount of throwing lower toons, having TM ready, or having multiple teams is going to make a 10,000 pt difference. Especially, when they have synergy and zetas on characters I can't even get yet (zRex lead, Chaze, zGK, DN). That's ridiculous.

A few points:

First, most of us getting easy node 12 haven't always had that - it doesn't happen until you have a 45k+ power team. We all have been where you are, with a few differences - one likely being, more "lower" toons who are not really that much "lower". As an example, my GW Team "D" (4th best) is a fully maxed all G11 droid team.

Second, many of those getting the easy node 12 (or easy 11 & 12) already have a zeta or two.

Finally, most of us could easily take on a harder node 12. Just today, I finished 11 and only lost half protection on one character - and still never used any Rebels, Droids, or even Nihilus or GK.

I have already stated that I do agree that a Zeta-less player should not have to face zeta'd teams in GW. On that, I agree. But a 10,000 power differential is no problem if you have strong secondary teams.

In your example (incidentally, there is no such thing as Zeta Rex or Zeta GK, so it's hard to take your comments seriously) Rex, Chaze, GK and DN would be a fairly easy team to take down with B2 and EP. Just buff block and stun, focus either Chirrut or Nihilus and take out one, then the other. Even if you get creamed after those two, facing Rex, Baze and GK with some high damage toons if fairly easy.

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • I clear my gw w/ my zeta Vader team every day. Every few days I get a crazy mode 12 w/ gk and I'll lose, but it's not often. My other squads can usually figure it out
  • First of all, I understand your frustration, OP. I've been there; most of us have. But I must point out that this exchange right here:
    Especially, when they have synergy and zetas on characters I can't even get yet (zRex lead, Chaze, zGK, DN). That's ridiculous.
    Yogi wrote: »

You can do it.
    Well, they were maxed, then. ...

... is one reason these GW complaints are mostly alarmist in nature and not based in truth. The complaint is usually something like "I faced a max gear, full zeta team with 10k more power than my best! It isn't fair!" but it just isn't true. It's usually a knee-**** reaction to getting crushed by a good team that you just can't compete with, and so the emotion is understandable.

"Max gear" tends to mean "they all had better gear levels than my squad" which can be a lot different than actually reaching the maximum gear limit. Still, it's tough to beat just about any squad if they are all geared up higher than your team.

"Full zeta" ... well we've already established that sometimes this is an exaggeration.

"10k more power" is a highly dubious claim (you didn't make this, but others have). I find that when we pull at this one a little, the numbers just don't support it. N12 is typically scaled up to ~115% of the sum of your most powerful five characters (N12 = 1.15*Top5). You would need a 67k squad of your own going up against a 77k squad to fit that equation. Neither of these are gonna happen.

If you do get a +10k squad in your N12, you have my sympathy, maybe tomorrow will be better. Perhaps offer a bucket of fried chicken to Jobu.

The hard truth is to build a better squad. That's what we are all trying to do.
  • Supercat
    3250 posts Member
    Everyone fails GW some times, that is just how it is designed. It's supposed to be hard. No entitlement here.

I fail GW sometimes, and I know others do too. The most recent time I failed was a boba L, Chaze, EP, GK where my boba had 50% starting TM and my opponents cherrut still went first.

It happens. Get over it. One day you'll be able to beat it:
    Don't be a ****(4), and follow forum guidelines.
  • If you really want to make GW easy it's simple. Get your arena team power to well over 50k, then you'll get 3 (yes 3) broken nodes! That's right, not one or two, but 3! I remember grinding through 12 painfull nodes every single day, but that's in the past. Why do 12 when you only need to do 9?! So there you go, easy peasey.
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    I have already stated that I do agree that a Zeta-less player should not have to face zeta'd teams in GW. On that, I agree. But a 10,000 power differential is no problem if you have strong secondary teams.

I misspoke about the zetas. They were maxed out and I assumed they already had zetas since everyone uses them so much, again I don't even have access to GK. I actually run a zQGJ lead on my main team. But, we're just going to have to agree to disagree if you think 10,000 power difference is not a big deal. It wouldn't have mattered if I ran a B2 (another toon I don't have) or EP, because they would've been killed before they had a turn.
  • Supercat wrote: »

Ive beaten GW 19 times (I checked). But not once since they changed it 6 months ago or whenever.
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Supercat wrote: »

Ive beaten GW 19 times (I checked). But not once since they changed it 6 months ago or whenever.
    what did they change? thats about the time I started beating it consistently
  • DatBoi wrote: »

I don't remember the specifics, but they intentionally made it harder. That's when Node 6 beacame like a midway point, and the last few nodes ramp up quickly.
  • Jay_1997_C wrote: »
    OP, these threads are pointless. All you get are people like you you, who are having trouble beating and see a real problem, and ****hats who have nothing constructive to say other than "git gud". I have a couple of teams in my roster. I set up TM. I throw trash teams at the harder nodes to absorb the AoEs... And I still can't beat it. The "easy node 12" is a myth. Until the devs find a way to account for zeta/synergy, GW will be broken.

The easy node 12 IS NOT a myth

it's true. the easy node 12 exists. you need to have a combination of a high powered squad & decent ranking in the arena. just finished mine 5 mins ago & beaten green & blue toons at node 12. the problem i noticed w/ this, however, is that nodes 6, 9, 10 & 11 becomes extremely difficult w/ squads composed of about 2-3 zeta toons.

Easy node 11 also exists. I can vouch for it since I have it every single day
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    DatBoi wrote: »

I don't remember the specifics, but they intentionally made it harder. That's when Node 6 beacame like a midway point, and the last few nodes ramp up quickly.

They did tweak gw a few times. I remember a couple of times i had all 12 of my nodes broken.

But honestly i think when you say that "my gw got way harder" is when you further develop your toons, so they give you tougher nodes.
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    Like when they updated so every toon could reach G11, of course it's going to be harder.
  • kodias
    264 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

I misspoke about the zetas. They were maxed out and I assumed they already had zetas since everyone uses them so much, again I don't even have access to GK. I actually run a zQGJ lead on my main team. But, we're just going to have to agree to disagree if you think 10,000 power difference is not a big deal. It wouldn't have mattered if I ran a B2 (another toon I don't have) or EP, because they would've been killed before they had a turn.

The toons that have really high power (above 10k) when fully geared and modded are tanks i.e. Baze, Gk, Sun Fac, etc. As far as non tanks I think that vader is the only one i know of that can hit over 10k power fairly easily, I managed to get my EP just over the 10k mark. Most attackers max out their power somewhere in the 9k's.

To get teams that are above 50k combined power means that they have lots of tanks, so their damage wont be very high. A good offensive team around 45k power can easily take out a team of 50k+, you reach a point in the game where power levels don't matter. Since that one update strength and health stats give out way more power points, (I remember my imperial guard gained over 1k power from that update).Power just means health, and that means focus your attacks. You run a Zqgj so you should know that you need to focus one enemy at a time.

I just finished GW with my Zfinn resistance team that has 40.7k power in about 15 minutes. Only one who lost a good chuck of protection was Poe. If you are really struggling with GW I'd recommend farming a resistance team, they are also good for Haat. If you play it right you can freeze the tm on the hard nodes and they won't even get a chance to attack. Plus they are really fun and are a nice change of pace to other teams.
  • kejmo
    213 posts Member
    First of all, I understand your frustration, OP. I've been there; most of us have. But I must point out that this exchange right here:
    Yogi wrote: »

You can do it.
    Well, they were maxed, then. ...

... is one reason these GW complaints are mostly alarmist in nature and not based in truth. The complaint is usually something like "I faced a max gear, full zeta team with 10k more power than my best! It isn't fair!" but it just isn't true. It's usually a knee-**** reaction to getting crushed by a good team that you just can't compete with, and so the emotion is understandable.

"Max gear" tends to mean "they all had better gear levels than my squad" which can be a lot different than actually reaching the maximum gear limit. Still, it's tough to beat just about any squad if they are all geared up higher than your team.

"Full zeta" ... well we've already established that sometimes this is an exaggeration.

"10k more power" is a highly dubious claim (you didn't make this, but others have). I find that when we pull at this one a little, the numbers just don't support it. N12 is typically scaled up to ~115% of the sum of your most powerful five characters (N12 = 1.15*Top5). You would need a 67k squad of your own going up against a 77k squad to fit that equation. Neither of these are gonna happen.

If you do get a +10k squad in your N12, you have my sympathy, maybe tomorrow will be better. Perhaps offer a bucket of fried chicken to Jobu.

The hard truth is to build a better squad. That's what we are all trying to do.

True, we all do.

Today i've got, for example, another impossible team to beat. "Max gear//full zeta team" Vader (10.7k), Palpy (10.2k), Bariss (10.1k), Sid (10.4k) and RG (11k). I'm still not lvl85. I don't even have access to zeta's. My "dmg" heals them more than i do dmg to them. Vader throws sabers for 57k dmg. Bariss rolls higher numbers than my Rey. Add rigged AI into the equation, and you got the full picture. Whales ofc won't see the problem here.

So let's put it this way (for the guys that troll with "get more deep roster thing" :

You have a bicycle. You have some reserve bicycles in case this one gets damaged. You are called to a competition. All competitors have bikes and only small finesses on them are present. If you want a better bike, you need to win and collect money to get them. Suddenly, You and your bike are being thrown away to race against Buggati's, Lambo's, Ferrari's, Porsche's. No matter how hard you spinn those wheels, no matter how many bikes you break and use, you will never beat them. Would that be interesting to see on television for example ?

Or for football fans : 110 16y old boys competiting for a big prize surely wouldn't beat only 11 fully trained, professional FC Barcelona players.

I do agree that it should be challenging. I don't agree that it should be impossible.

A player in rising which is, example, 75lvl, who doesn't have that deep roster, gear, mods, getting lvl85 nodes in gw completely being blocked and slowed down in his progression isn't that logical i think.

Or it is, and we all know why.
  • Complete 99% of the time, and I'm certainly no whale. Face all zetas, GK, Chaze, etc.

Strategy, synergy and retreat are your friends.

Retreat is nice, when it's an option.
  • If you can't beat GW, you're either messing up tactically or your roster is awful. I've been playing for ~9 months and I have never seen a war that couldn't be beaten.. as a free to play.

I think it shouldn't be beaten by everyone. In the opposite, they should give us more nodes so everyone can play as far as they get. Why limit it to 12?

My roster is deep and I know how to use my teams. Your comment is invalid.