Don't Ever. Under Any Circumstances. Use the 'Edit' Function. EVAR.

McBee
228 posts Member
I just want to sincerely thank the forum mods, devs, and admins here for the absolutely genius idea of secretly causing the discussion 'edit' function to nuke your topic into the 10th level of hell.

What a brilliant and amazing feature! Just think - I can spend the better part of the day building an awesome character proposal thread complete with research on the character's background, tying in his abilities and unique functions to his history, tweak it a dozen times to get it just right, and then proudly submit it - just to see that I had one minor word misspelled upon submission. 'That's ok', I say to myself, 'I'll just execute this handy little edit function and fix her right up!'

I fix my mistake, proofread the entire thing one more time, and resubmit it, eagerly looking forward to the community's feedback on it - and I am met with a friendly message that tells me, due to my usage of the edit function, my discussion has now been sent for mod approval, and will be posted upon receiving it.

So basically it was sent to the chaotic vortex of edited discussions, where some mod named Carl was given jurisdiction long ago; but due to his drinking problem, chronic forgetfulness, and penchant for passing out while reading the brony sub on Reddit, he never gets around to actually approving any edited topics awaiting his blessing. And Carl stinks too. Carl has a body odor problem.

But I just wanted to say that I really do think it is for the better. Who in the hell would want to run the risk of somebody taking the time to write out a new discussion, and then surreptitiously using the 'edit' function to cause some unknown, unseen harm to the SWGOH forum here, and threaten the utter destruction of countless threads extolling the pitfalls of RNG, or calls to nerf the latest meta? That can't happen. And Carl and company are here to make sure it doesn't.

Replies

• Hmmm.....never had a problem with the edit function before.

Maybe you are just too much of a loose cannon to be trusted with it...lmao!
  • You should use the edit function to correct your misspelling of the word "ever."
  • McBee
    228 posts Member
    Hmmm.....never had a problem with the edit function before.

Maybe you are just too much of a loose cannon to be trusted with it...lmao!

Perhaps you're right. I would never submit anything inappropriate or dangerous without first submitting something harmless, and then using the edit function to add in the secret deadly cocktail of destruction, and resubmitting it. And it seems they're onto me.
  • McBee
    228 posts Member
    You should use the edit function to correct your misspelling of the word "ever."

Carl? Is that you? I'm not falling for it again.
  • Allenb60
    2171 posts Member
    just copy your stuff before posting?
  • Although I feel bad for your situation, your response is hilarious and made me lol.
  • Mageduckey
    699 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Actually, it looks like the thread was sent for approval before you used the edit function. You have not verified your account, which subjects you to some limitations on what you can post (to reduce spam). One of those limitations is no extremely long posts, which I'm guessing a character proposal thread with background research tied in would be. Once you verify your account it should come through just fine.
  • McBee
    228 posts Member
    Mageduckey wrote: »
    Actually, it looks like the thread was sent for approval before you used the edit function. You have not verified your account, which subjects you to some limitations on what you can post (to reduce spam). One of those limitations is no extremely long posts, which I'm guessing a character proposal thread with background research tied in would be. Once you verify your account it'll come through.

It did in fact post. That's where I caught the error. I saw it in the list of new topics on the feedback board, posted for public consumption. And I re-read it, saw the error, and tried to edit. That's when I was given the 'awaiting approval' message.
  • Yes, I know - it takes a couple minutes for the forum to catch up sometimes. But that's exactly what happened - your account isn't verified, so shortly after posting it was flagged as too long and withdrawn for case-by-case approval. As I said before, simply verifying your account will resolve the issue.
  • McBee
    228 posts Member
    And how does one go about verifying their account? I neev
    Yes, I know - it takes a couple minutes for the forum to catch up sometimes. But that's exactly what happened - your account isn't verified, so shortly after posting it was flagged as too long and withdrawn for case-by-case approval. As I said before, simply verifying your account will resolve the issue.

I never received any such email requesting verification. I just re-checked by searching all of my email.
  • McBee wrote: »
    Yes, I know - it takes a couple minutes for the forum to catch up sometimes. But that's exactly what happened - your account isn't verified, so shortly after posting it was flagged as too long and withdrawn for case-by-case approval. As I said before, simply verifying your account will resolve the issue.

I never received any such email requesting verification. I just re-checked by searching all of my email.

Not sure how as it's been a while for me, but you're now verified. Your thread should show back up in a few minutes (give it a little bit of time).
  • McBee
    228 posts Member
    McBee wrote: »

Not sure how as it's been a while for me, but you're now verified. Your thread should show back up in a few minutes (give it a little bit of time).

Carl! It IS you! You came through buddy! Thanks bro
This discussion has been closed.