The Rule of 2

There should be a caveat to every Sith leader ability that it only applies to one other Sith ally. Maybe, it applies to your strongest Sith ally and all other allies (even non-Sith) get 50% of the effect. I think this would be a nice tweak to the game and be more in line with the actual characters. You could run a DN lead with Vader (both lose all protection and gain that much health, full health steal), GK, Wiggs (all 3 lose 50% protection and gain that much health, 50% of damage dealt recovered as health). I picked those 5 at random, but with GK's retribution having health steal, they'd be tough. Thoughts?

Replies

• M_L
    469 posts Member
    Options
    this would make total sense prior to the addition of Darth Nihilus and those two generic sith toons.

so we're certainly not operating under the era where only the Rule of Two siths are around anymore
  • Options
    M_L wrote: »
    this would make total sense prior to the addition of Darth Nihilus and those two generic sith toons.

so we're certainly not operating under the era where only the Rule of Two siths are around anymore

Then have it apply to the toons from that era.
  • M_L
    469 posts Member
    Options
    errrrr, then they'd have to make a tag that says something like, Sith of Rule of two era, vs, Sith of Old republic... and if they did that with sith, they'd have to do it with other factions. Cartoon Rebels, old school Rebels, Rebels without a cause, blah blah blah

so seriously doubt it
  • Options
    M_L wrote: »
    errrrr, then they'd have to make a tag that says something like, Sith of Rule of two era, vs, Sith of Old republic... and if they did that with sith, they'd have to do it with other factions. Cartoon Rebels, old school Rebels, Rebels without a cause, blah blah blah

so seriously doubt it

I doubt they'd bother to change tags so they made sense. lol There's already confusion over where some characters fall in their timeline, Asajj for instance. But, I like the idea of this change.
  • Options
    So sick of fanboys wanking about the "rule" of 2. It's a guideline at best from a questionably canon novel, and based on an offhand comment by Yoda. Yeah, there are normally two in a Sith cell. Plageius was around in the Phantom Menace per his book... so I guess Darth Maul wasnt a sith? Oh, and Sid was training Dooku during that time as well.

Quit trying to make Rule of Two happen! It isn't fetch.

Moreover, this is just a bar game in the Star Wars universe, the equivalent of a game where Lizzie Borden fights Al Capone. It's not supposed to be "historically accurate" even in universe.
  • Zooey
    1607 posts Member
    Options
    Bossk_Hogg wrote: »
    So sick of fanboys wanking about the "rule" of 2. It's a guideline at best from a questionably canon novel, and based on an offhand comment by Yoda. Yeah, there are normally two in a Sith cell. Plageius was around in the Phantom Menace per his book... so I guess Darth Maul wasnt a sith? Oh, and Sid was training Dooku during that time as well.

Moreover, this is just a bar game in the Star Wars universe, the equivalent of a game where Lizzie Borden fights Al Capone. It's not supposed to be "historically accurate" even in universe.

+1000. Not a hard and fast rule. And btw fetch never happened stop trying.
  • spotremix
    1566 posts Member
    Options
    not to mention this game isn't canon so rule of 2 need not apply. if they start something like that then they need to make a whole bunch of adjustments like who can be on a team together.
  • Options
    Bossk_Hogg wrote: »

Did someone kick you square in the **** this morning? Calm down. lol I'm not complaining about "historical inaccuracies." But, the rule of 2 IS in Star Wars. I thought this might be a way of implementing another piece of very diverse puzzle. It's just an idea. Sheesh.
  • spotremix
    1566 posts Member
    Options
    a very bad idea at that. i think your just tired of the sith meta or can't beat them and are looking for a way to reduce them.

the only way i could go along with this is if the buffed the sith along with the rule of 2 or they had other "rules" that follow the star wars universe.

as this game is, it doesn't necessarily follow what the star wars universe follows, so it would be pointless for something like the rule of 2 to be in there. unless they wanna to start allowing certain combinations of teams like no wiggando with rg and rey or no light and dark side mixes, then there is no reason to use rule of 2.

i personally would love the game to follow canon and the star wars universe, i think that would balance it out in some regards. i actually tried to make a canon sith/empire team at one point but i'm stalled on 2 of the toons. currently my team is EP Vader RG Maul and Dooku. I wanted to use Storm trooper and Tarkin instead of maul and dooku but i don't have them built up to the point maul and dooku are. i also wouldn't mind a team of EP Vader and 3 RG's.
  • Options
    spotremix wrote: »
    the only way i could go along with this is if the buffed the sith along with the rule of 2 or they had other "rules" that follow the star wars universe.

Admittedly, I do not like the meta. lol But, that's not why I posted this. And, It would do that, just not the full extent. Plus, I said "all other allies". So, non-sith would also get the benefits, which they currently do not.
  • Sunod10
    211 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    No thx. Seems lately people want unimportant things like helmets and such. Waste of time and resources.
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options
    Sunod10 wrote: »
    No thx. Seems lately people want unimportant things like helmets and such. Waste of time and resources.

Its because the game is good right now and people need something to complain about
  • Options
    Lmao at the fanboys comment. This is a Star Wars game, home skillet. It's nothing BUT fanboys.
  • Options
    Darth Bane would be kinda cool.
  • EventineElessedil
    6171 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    It's an interesting idea, I like it. I am very much opposed to the Rule of 2 in the canon because nobody adheres to it anyway, but I like interesting ideas for the game.

Lmao at the fanboys comment. This is a Star Wars game, home skillet. It's nothing BUT fanboys.

+1 We're all way too cool to be here going on and on in these lame discussions. :D