Imperial Commando already bugged?

What's up with this? Since when can an undispellable buff be dispelled? The event has Ezra starting with an undispellable buff, and ISC debuffs him.

Then, I hit Kannan with ISC's special, applying a buff immunity for 2 turns, and Kannan immediately used his special and gained protection up.

What the heck man?

Replies

• To my understanding Ezra has the buff until he gets a debuff. Once the debuff is gone he gets his buff back.
  • Olga
    1333 posts Member
    Maybe it was to do with Kanan's buffs, I can't remember I wasn't paying much attention.
  • He's not bugged, he's just REALLY bad.
  • You didn't read it

Well that's super helpful.

Didn't read WHAT exactly?
  • Kannan special removes all debuffs from himself as part of it. Ezra event special is removed when debuffed but reapplied if the debuff expires or is cleansed by kannan. WAI
  • StarSon
    7410 posts Member
    You didn't read it

Well that's super helpful.

Didn't read WHAT exactly?

The helper tip thing that stops you from battling until you click through it, and says that Ezra only has that buff so long as he doesn't have any debuffs.
  • So in other words, they put a toon in the event that can almost automatically cleanse himself of buff immunity, making the event toon they are marketing look pointless.

Got it.

This toon is probably one of the more useless released recently. So many toons already fill his role in the game. His unique is good, but other than that...bleh.
  • StarSon
    7410 posts Member
    So in other words, they put a toon in the event that can almost automatically cleanse himself of buff immunity, making the event toon they are marketing look pointless.

Got it.

This toon is probably one of the more useless released recently. So many toons already fill his role in the game. His unique is good, but other than that...bleh.

Yes, how dare they make an event in which you might have to put a little thought into it first. The nerve.
  • So in other words, they put a toon in the event that can almost automatically cleanse himself of buff immunity, making the event toon they are marketing look pointless.

Got it.

I think you're missing the point. If I understand it correctly, Ezra gets an attack boost while he's got no debuffs. The idea is to keep him debuffed to stop that from happening. Luckily, you've got a shiny new commando with a debuff on his basic that you can use to help you out! When the debuffs expire, he gets his boost back.

Admittedly the fact that he's losing his buff because he's debuffed with anything and not buff immunity specifically might muddy the waters somewhat.
  • He's not bugged, he's just REALLY bad.

He's not bad. Under a zader lead he's actually quite effective. If he hits some one on his basic and they have less than 50% turn meter he attacks again. That means he has a 50% chance to remove 20% turn meter twice. That also means when ever he counter attacks, he's guaranteed to attack twice. His special isn't great, but since when has a dispel been "bad?" I'll admit, he's not the best, but he's pretty cool. You just have to use your brain to figure out how to use him.
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Im picturing a team with zVader, ISC, Saxon, Dooku, and a tank. Basically its built around counters and tm removal. Saxon assists every time time someone counters so his attack rate with both dooku and ISC would be insane. It wouldnt be a meta team, but it would be fun.
  • Ugghhh god who gave this guy access to a phone
  • StarSon wrote: »
    So in other words, they put a toon in the event that can almost automatically cleanse himself of buff immunity, making the event toon they are marketing look pointless.

Got it.

Yes, how dare they make an event in which you might have to put a little thought into it first. The nerve.

+1
  • Noizeman wrote: »

Got it.

Admittedly the fact that he's losing his buff because he's debuffed with anything and not buff immunity specifically might muddy the waters somewhat.

In english?

• scuba
    14034 posts Member
    I wouldn't assume anything is bugged based on the event. It was vs special pve characters. The buffs given to the pve opponents could have been bugged.
  • What's up with this? Since when can an undispellable buff be dispelled? The event has Ezra starting with an undispellable buff, and ISC debuffs him.

Then, I hit Kannan with ISC's special, applying a buff immunity for 2 turns, and Kannan immediately used his special and gained protection up.

What the heck man?

I don't believe protection up, the purple protection, counts as a buff
  • What's up with this? Since when can an undispellable buff be dispelled? The event has Ezra starting with an undispellable buff, and ISC debuffs him.

What the heck man?

I don't believe protection up, the purple protection, counts as a buff

No, he cleanses and immediately gains Protection Up afterwards.
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride