Chaze + Deathnnic + Gar Saxon lead...

Disgusting. I'm disgusted with myself for dreaming this up.

Now it's up to you all to tell me that it's not as broken as I think it could be. SOS!

Replies

• AoE daze
  • Mazurka
    961 posts Member
    Roadburn12 wrote: »
    AoE daze

Ever heard of a cleanse or two? I think gar is gonna be a beast personally. Gonna be trying Dooku (L) gar chaze GK
  • It's not "deathnic", the correct mashup is "Dirper"
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    It's not "deathnic", the correct mashup is "Dirper"

I'll take either over the horrendous "krooper." Deathnic is best.
  • Zooey
    1607 posts Member
    Mazurka wrote: »
    AoE daze

Ever heard of a cleanse or two? I think gar is gonna be a beast personally. Gonna be trying Dooku (L) gar chaze GK

His stats are pretty subpar imo. Terrible dmg on his basic (3k maxed) and not tanky enough (22k hp and prot)
  • His basic isn't what will be doing the damage. It's his AoE that he'll be using for damage. If everyone on your team counters, it's basically a 0 cooldown skill. Comparing the damage to JKA, Gar's AE does more base damage. JKA will still do more damage overall due to his offense up and Righteous Fury buffs.
  • Zooey
    1607 posts Member
    His basic isn't what will be doing the damage. It's his AoE that he'll be using for damage. If everyone on your team counters, it's basically a 0 cooldown skill. Comparing the damage to JKA, Gar's AE does more base damage. JKA will still do more damage overall due to his offense up and Righteous Fury buffs.

4.5k dmg on a 5 turn cd. Unlikely you'll get it reduced enough every time and it doesn't do nearly the amount of damage that JKA, Maul, Wedge, or Lando would be capable of outputting on theirs. Combined with Saxons relatively average speed and lack of TM gaining skills and we've got another nearly useless skill (which can be dodged anyways).

The top of the meta is extremely hard to break into and Saxon just won't cut it imo. I was right about Phoenix not being viable and I think the new Empire toons are even worse.
  • Mazurka
    961 posts Member
    Zooey wrote: »
    Mazurka wrote: »
    AoE daze

His stats are pretty subpar imo. Terrible dmg on his basic (3k maxed) and not tanky enough (22k hp and prot)

Well thanks for enlightening me about his damage. I didn't realize it was Barriss status
  • Gank_Killer
    1817 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    His basic isn't what will be doing the damage. It's his AoE that he'll be using for damage. If everyone on your team counters, it's basically a 0 cooldown skill. Comparing the damage to JKA, Gar's AE does more base damage. JKA will still do more damage overall due to his offense up and Righteous Fury buffs.

4.5k dmg on a 5 turn cd. Unlikely you'll get it reduced enough every time and it doesn't do nearly the amount of damage that JKA, Maul, Wedge, or Lando would be capable of outputting on theirs. Combined with Saxons relatively average speed and lack of TM gaining skills and we've got another nearly useless skill (which can be dodged anyways).

The top of the meta is extremely hard to break into and Saxon just won't cut it imo. I was right about Phoenix not being viable and I think the new Empire toons are even worse.

Ok, lets compare against JKA. Data taken from swgoh.gg
    Reckless Assault, 3 turn cooldown, Damage: 4169 - 4607, Level 8 damage modifier of 1.886, physical damage of 2327.
    With Offense Up, physical damage goes to (+50%) 3,490, times level 8 modifier of 1.886 is 6,583 damage. Usually built for Crit chance and Damage, 200% Crit damage of 13,166.

Gar Saxon
    Calculated Ambush, 5 turn cooldown, Damage: 4483 - 4935, level 8 damage modifier of 2.0, physical damage of 2359.
    With Offense Up, physical damage goes to (+50%) 3,538, times level 8 modifier fo 2.0 is 7,077, with Crit damage of 200%, 14,154.
    Of course JKA has his Righteous Fury which gives an extra 75% damage, but on defense it doesn't always line up like that, easier on offense of course. Oh but wait, Gar also has extra damage against enemies with less thatn 50% TM, he gets 50% more damage. So JKA bumps ahead with his 75% extra damage when Righteous fury activates. Which will happen less often than enemies with 50% TM.
    Built on a counter team with the likes of 5's (because he does slow, and Gar gets cooldown reduc on slowed targets), he has a chance to have a 0 cooldown. JKA does not have that opportunity.

Mods will obviously change end results. But a JKA modded the same as Gar, Gar pulls ahead with better AE damage, with JKA having a 25% advantage situationally.

I'll go further to claim that Gar has less vulnerability to "extra cooldown" effects like Nihilus, because all he has to do his counter-assist a slowed target to remove that. JKA doesn't have that luxury. BUT, Gar is more susceptible to Daze, by making his teammates unable to counter, which removes his cooldown reduction.
    Not to say Gar will be better than JKA overall, this is strictly their AoE capability. I'm done.

• Taramel
    601 posts Member

Reckless Assault, 3 turn cooldown, Damage: 4169 - 4607, Level 8 damage modifier of 1.886, physical damage of 2327.
    With Offense Up, physical damage goes to (+50%) 3,490, times level 8 modifier of 1.886 is 6,583 damage. Usually built for Crit chance and Damage, 200% Crit damage of 13,166.

Gar Saxon
    Calculated Ambush, 5 turn cooldown, Damage: 4483 - 4935, level 8 damage modifier of 2.0, physical damage of 2359.
    With Offense Up, physical damage goes to (+50%) 3,538, times level 8 modifier fo 2.0 is 7,077, with Crit damage of 200%, 14,154.
    Of course JKA has his Righteous Fury which gives an extra 75% damage, but on defense it doesn't always line up like that, easier on offense of course. Oh but wait, Gar also has extra damage against enemies with less thatn 50% TM, he gets 50% more damage. So JKA bumps ahead with his 75% extra damage when Righteous fury activates. Which will happen less often than enemies with 50% TM.
    Built on a counter team with the likes of 5's (because he does slow, and Gar gets cooldown reduc on slowed targets), he has a chance to have a 0 cooldown. JKA does not have that opportunity.

Mods will obviously change end results. But a JKA modded the same as Gar, Gar pulls ahead with better AE damage, with JKA having a 25% advantage situationally.

I'll go further to claim that Gar has less vulnerability to "extra cooldown" effects like Nihilus, because all he has to do his counter-assist a slowed target to remove that. JKA doesn't have that luxury. BUT, Gar is more susceptible to Daze, by making his teammates unable to counter, which removes his cooldown reduction.
    Not to say Gar will be better than JKA overall, this is strictly their AoE capability. I'm done.

Actually he gets 100% more damage as it doubles the dmg vs toons with less than 50% TM. thats a 100% dmg gain not 50%
  • Taramel wrote: »

Gar Saxon

Actually he gets 100% more damage as it doubles the dmg vs toons with less than 50% TM. thats a 100% dmg gain not 50%

That's if they all stack correctly, its very possible they wont.
  • HA, I just glazed over the "double" part. I was skimming a little too fast I guess.
    I'm gonna have fun with Gar.
  • Roadburn12 wrote: »
    AoE daze

Solution: chaze. Can't see how more than 1 Aoe daze would ever get dropped per match considering how squishy maul is lol.