Any questions? Ask me and others here

thisgameisdope
297 posts Member
edited December 2015
Hi, Since Im bored and nothing to do tonight I decided to create this thread. Feel free to post anything about this game that you want to ask and I will try my best to answer it within 18 hours after you reply. Others who has more knowledge or experiences can also participate to answer questions they know. Thank you and enjoy your weekend peeps.

634-916-659
Level 46
F2P
Rank #1 - #10 daily.
Cleared GW easily

Lowest level compare to others in top 15 in my arena server :)

Here is some rivals and friends in my arena: Power and level are NOT the important thing, it is the synergy of characters (does not need to be all in the same clan) that you need to look into. You can check below to see the prove...

Rank 1 despite power differences

15qw27t.png

New pictures :):wink:
521eg0.png
2uiuctj.png

Old pictures
vonzgi.png
303ilw4.png
et9wtx.png

Post edited by thisgameisdope on

Replies

• ? How do I add shards to an individual's character to up their star count. Can you help me.
  • If i have enough shards to unlock a character (lets say quigon gin, at 25/25), but I dont activate him, would i still be able to gain shards for him, or are all shards beyond 25 lost until he is unlocked?
    I ask this because i have some shards for the tie fighter pilot from daily login. If i count the daily rewards for days in the future, i will get a batch of 8 shards at once, but would only need 1 shard at that point. Will the other 7 shards be lost? When I activate the tie fighter pilot on that day, will he have 7 additional shards, even though, prior to activating him it showed having 25/25 (when it should show 32/25)?
    "There is no 'try'." - Master Yoda
  • Skeletor wrote: »
    ? How do I add shards to an individual's character to up their star count. Can you help me.

Depending on the character, you can get them a variety of ways.
    Missions: Light & Dark Hard, Squad Cantina Missions
    Shipmets: pretty expensive (IMHO) but the just added shard buying via crystals
    Squad Cantina Shipments shop: specifically for Boba Fett, CT-5555 "Fives", Mob Enforcer, Stormtrooper, Hoth Rebel Scout, Old Daka, Ahsoka, Jedi Knight Guardian
    Squad Arena Shipments shop: Ugnaught, Eeth Koth, Coruscant Underworld Police, HK-47, Asajj Ventress, Nute Gunray, IG-88, Stormtrooper Han, Darth Sidious, Greedo, Admiral Ackbar, Savage Opress
    Galactic War shipments shop: Tusken Raider, Poggle the Lessaer, Biggs, Nightsister Initiate, Resistance Pilot, Datcha, IG-86, Luminara, Teebo

When in doubt, open the character you want to look for shards and in the bottom right hand corner there is a <FIND> button. Click on that and it will show you all the places you can find shards for that character.
  • Pilot wrote: »
    If i have enough shards to unlock a character (lets say quigon gin, at 25/25), but I dont activate him, would i still be able to gain shards for him, or are all shards beyond 25 lost until he is unlocked?

You don't lose them if you activate the character, that I know for sure. My Nightsister Initiate has 66/25 right now. I just can't afford to level her so those shards are just waiting to be used.

I would spend the 100 credits to activate any character and have just sit at level 1, though. Helps with your achievements.
  • Keaven
    1099 posts Member
    Kabbage wrote: »
    Pilot wrote: »
    If i have enough shards to unlock a character (lets say quigon gin, at 25/25), but I dont activate him, would i still be able to gain shards for him, or are all shards beyond 25 lost until he is unlocked?

You don't lose them if you activate the character, that I know for sure. My Nightsister Initiate has 66/25 right now. I just can't afford to level her so those shards are just waiting to be used.

I would spend the 100 credits to activate any character and have just sit at level 1, though. Helps with your achievements.
    4★ Heroes can still drop from Bronzium (although it certainly feels more likely when you first start the game your odds are higher), and you do not get the full shard amounts when you have already activated them.

Once you get a decent PVP squad maxed and are moving onto farming newer Heroes I would be inclined to hold off activating them as long as possible just in case you get them drop from Bronzium.
    Profile: Keaven
    Guild: Fear The Boot
  • thisgameisdope
    297 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Thank you for the help Kabbage...Yes, you will not lose any shards whatsoever in any circumstances...sometimes people hold their shards (not activate that hero first) and hope to get one directly therefore they can promote those heroes into more stars straight away.
  • No you miss understood my question. I know where and how to get the shards how do I apply them to a certain character???
  • Keaven
    1099 posts Member
    Skeletor wrote: »
    No you miss understood my question. I know where and how to get the shards how do I apply them to a certain character???
    This is automatic. Once you have enough shards a promotion button will appear showing the cost in credits to do so.
    Profile: Keaven
    Guild: Fear The Boot
  • OK thanks
  • Im wondering what to do next.

Im Level 46 with characters as following:

Ima Gun Di 4*
    Dooku 4*
    Chewie 4*
    Sideous 4*
    Luminara 3*

All gear VI except Luminara(new character)

Being my first team with some other "benched" characters(also 43-46 lvls)

Consular 3*
    Talia 4*
    Jawa 4*
    Hoth Rebel 3*
    Veers 3*
    Resistance Trooper 2*
    And some lower levels worth mentioning
    Snowtrooper 2*
    Royal Guard 2*
    Ewok 2*
    Biggs 2*

I'm investing my galactic war shards towards Luminara but can't seem to be getting past 400 a day.
    My arena shards(I'm #175) go towards sideous still and I have him on 45/65
    My cantina shards work to get Old Daka but it's a very slow process(36/80 and working on it since the beginning)

I also have 300 crystals and might buy a chromium tomorrow.

Not sure what should I farm in the cantina as well as not certain how to progress in my current position. Also how can I get better in the Galactic War(I know the tricks I just seem to be beaten easily about fight 9)
  • Don't underestimate Consular. At 57, I have him at 5* (12 shards from 6*) and epic (gear lvl 8). He is easy to farm for in terms of shards and gear - much easier than the other characters I use. His heal is pretty good and his damage is decent. Really a nice character for people who don't want/can't spend a lot of money.

Definitely stick on route with Luminara and Sidious. Those two are studs and best of all, don't require hundreds of dollars to get and power up.

Daka - I got her to 5*, but to get her from gear 6 to 7 takes 3 epic pieces of 20 epic salvage each in that last spot. Her heal is OK, and her stun is useful. You just can't count count on it, but it's really nice when you do get 2 enemies with it. I think I'm going Boba now and just putting together a nasty offensive Dark Side team since I don't feel that the Daka and Talia healing is nearly what it should be - especially with the way dark side missions are set up.

I would also look at working on that Jawa. Again, for those on a budget and patience, I think he can be a pretty nice damage dealer on the cheap. Same for Talia, despite what I think of her healing mechanic. As a hybrid healer/damage dealer paired with Luminara and Consular, I think she'll work.

Ima is a nice character with the right Jedi. He seems to hit hard in missions, but against players in the Arena, i find him pretty lacking without the right Jedi to compliment him. Kit, Ben, Aayla - all Chromium. May want to hold off on him based on your current roster.
  • HK-47 IG-88 and IG-86 are they worth getting the droid pack? I have a 2* IG-86 already the sghards plus 1 star should make him 4* with 4* HK and 3 star 88. Is it worth it? Are they viable assets to strengthen and build?

I have Duku,Barriss,Lum,Mace,Maul,SavageVentress,Chewie,JC,Bane,Leia,LandoTano,Fisto,Qui,Taila all at 45lvl except Qui and Fisto are lower and not used often, I use Leia little too she dies so fast.
  • teams
    HK-47 IG-88 and IG-86 are they worth getting the droid pack? I have a 2* IG-86 already the sghards plus 1 star should make him 4* with 4* HK and 3 star 88. Is it worth it? Are they viable assets to strengthen and build?

I have Duku,Barriss,Lum,Mace,Maul,SavageVentress,Chewie,JC,Bane,Leia,LandoTano,Fisto,Qui,Taila all at 45lvl except Qui and Fisto are lower and not used often, I use Leia little too she dies so fast.

ig-88 is some great damage but he's squishy droid teams are good right now with so many Jedi
  • whats the best or easiest way to get new characters?
  • I need some help with choosing the strongest team...any suggestions? I listed out my characters here: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/1550/need-help-with-team#latest
    "...I think I just blasted it." | Ally Code: 183-341-914 | Member of The New Rebellion | Youtube
  • Usually you can
    djwarcr wrote: »
    whats the best or easiest way to get new characters?

Other than buy crystals with real money, LUCK is the second easiest way to get you new characters by opening Bronze packs (please do open bronze packs in 50x or 100x straight away)

other easy ways:
    - Arena coins ( try to get AT LEAST 400 arena coins per day) >>>>> try to get SIDIOUS FIRST!!!
    - Cantina coins ( Make sure to refill AT LEAST one time per day in order to get more cantina coins every day)
    - Galaxy wars ( Try to pass stage 7 to get 400 galaxy coins per day)

Farming is also an option (farming in hard mode but its way slower, make sure to refill at least 2x energy per day to make farming easier)

SIM IS THE MOST IMPORTANT ITEM TO GET SHARDS. You will get way better chances (3-5x) to get shards if you use SIM instead of normal fighting.

aspenstar wrote: »
    I need some help with choosing the strongest team...any suggestions? I listed out my characters here: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/1550/need-help-with-team#latest

Your team isstill young so there are lots to improve. For now better focus on Chewbacca (make it 4*) , Dooki (leave him 3*, he is strong for low level only), Talia (If you have Poggle or Old daka or both, SHE IS BEAST, mine is 5* already), Jedi (people's choices because easy stars and shards), resistance pilot (strong damage but low health but really good to combine with LUKE or other resistance characters, make him 3 or 4* if you can).

You need 1 or 2 good healers to make it a good team.

Others that you can look into:
    IG-86
    Tie Pilot
    Geonosian Soldier

Thats all I know from my knowledge. Sorry for my english.

• Thanks for your help, I will start farming Consular then. Ima Gun Di is the one winning me fights at the moment, his 1-1,2k base and up to 2k grit and high health is brutal.
  • Rogerfan wrote: »
    Thanks for your help, I will start farming Consular then. Ima Gun Di is the one winning me fights at the moment, his 1-1,2k base and up to 2k grit and high health is brutal.

auh my bad didnt see Ima-gun di in your list...yes he is good..better than Dooki in the long run...use him in your squad is a must for now :)
  • @thisgameisdope I have a question for you . . . I am newly in position to get #1 in fleet arena and I'm trying to figure out the best way to get and keep that #1 spot each day. It's usually this one other guy (I think its a guy) who is there as well and I can't figure out the best technique. One thing that seems apparent is that offense seems to win MOST of the time - so getting #1 and defending it is pointless. Attacking #1 at the right time seems to work, but is there a better way? If too many of us go for the #1 at the same time, I will be stuck in #2 or #3. How have you dealt with this?
  • Set a timer and finish the battle about 20 seconds before the prizes.